Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

49ers probably overpaid. I don't know about their roster, but is there enough money left for a quality o-line, for example? No point in having a great QB when he gets run over in week 3 by a blitz and misses the rest of the season.
    Also, guys, things that are good cost money. We can't get Cousins for a pack of peanuts. Some people think Cousins is worth about a pack of peanuts but hey. I personally think he's worth the money.

FlaJet likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He wants wr money too

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Dom, JohnnyP123456 and FJF like this.
  4. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Ummm no that would be better then any of cousins years, I said 30 plus touchdowns which cousins has never accomplished, and less then 13 ints is pretty much right at cousins average as a starter.... cousins went 27 tds 13 ints last year which my prediction eclipses

So you would have been correct if you had said "Wow your hopeful prediction for Jimmy G is better then cousins best year"

#884 6-10 once again, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  5. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

He was exaggerating because he doesn't want to come here.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. 6-10 once again

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The 49ers just became the second team in NFL history to slam their own Super Bowl window shut while re-signing a promising QB. Lions were the first with Stafford.

No QB has won a SB in the post 2011 new CBA era while counting more than 12.2% against his teams salary cap for the year. That was Peyton Manning in 2015.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

As I posted in another thread, I can foresee where either the role of the QB is going to be reduced in NFL offenses, or the NFL is going to learn how to adopt to college-type offenses and QBs so they can more easily fill the position, and thus reduce the cost of them.

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

when did jimmy g drag the niners to a win?

his last game with his 84 QBR and 2 INTs that they won easily thanks to 171 rushing yards on 30 carries and 2 TDs while facing a JV rams team resting for the playoffs the run game pounded a JV squad

the one before that where he did play solid with 2 TDs to 1 INT but had less then 250 yards passing. the run game put up 131 yards and 3 TDs. the run game won them

before that? they won a close one by 2 point in a game where jimmy had 1 TD. they had to kick 6 FGs becuase jimmy G couldn't get it in the end zone. the kicker won them that game

before that? 1 TD and 4 Fgs kicked and also 1 INT. that's a total of 10 FGs i a 2 game span becuase jimmy was bad in the red zone

and his 1st game? they squeaked out a 1 point win against the lowly bears thanks to 5 FGs

His total stats for those 5 games 7 TDs, 5 INTs, total over a season 22.4TDs, 16INTs,

Their kicker? 18/18 in those 5 games which over 16 games would be 57.6 FGM. the NFL record is 44. only twice did kickers break the 40 mark. that's how many FGs gould attempted because jimmy g was bad in the red zone. clearly you didn't watch him to see that

LF911SC and Brook! like this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think, more likely, is the nfl adopts the nba’s model and starts giving an exemption or 2 that allows teams to pay qbs with no repercussions to the cap

11. GasedAndConfused

to be fair if you count total TDs he has 94 over the past 3 years which averages out to 31.3 per season. total INTs 36 so averages 12 a year. so essentially cousins average over the past 3 years is 31.3TDs and 12INTs so better then your "ideal jimmy g season"

How much you want to be jimmy doens't do that? I'll make an avatar bet. If he doens't i get to pick your avatar for all the offseason. If he manages to pull it off, you can pick mine :)

Jets69 likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

it's kind of a pointless stats because Brady has won 3 of those years and is taking less then he's worth. had brady been making what he should be that stat wouldn't exist. on top of that eli won 2 and got a record setting deal at the time. just by the time he won the cap blew up making his % seem smaller then it was when he first signed

13. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Can our Jets afford not to sign Cousins? With our FO and HC azz in a sling they will go all in to sign him. I hope we do but I am selfish as I'm soon to be 76 and desperately want to see us win a SB before I go. He is our best chance. If we go the other route my team will always be the Jets but my heart won't be in the rebuilding scheme.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You might be right, as a first step in trying to reign in the cost, but I still think eventually the owners will look to find a way to cut back on paying one player so much of their team's payroll, cap or no cap.

15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I do not want to pay Cousins 28 million per season. Hopefully Mac doesn't either.

16. 6-10 once again

To be fairer Kirk cousins has 81 passing touchdowns over the last 3 years which averages to 27, but sure if you want to throw rushing Tds in then put Jimmy down for 35 plus touchdowns. Sure I respect your posts despite disagreeing sometimes so I'll make that bet anyday my friend, you are on!

17. GasedAndConfused

sounds like a bet :)

FlaJet likes this.
  18. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

Not going to pretend to know anything about Football F.O. Politics but how on Earth can you pay an above average FA QB more for 2 years then you might get a Franchise QB for 5 years through the draft? There has to be a point where these inflated numbers stop right? Seems like the Eagles knew what they were doing....

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Watch the Jets turn around and offer him a 5 year, $100m deal. That would have disaster written all over it.

Royal Tee and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Brady was making what he was worth it would be hard to maintain Gronk and go get Cooks and keep the OL happy, etc.

Seriously, the $10M+ that Brady is under market lets the Pats maintain quality depth in a way that a championship caliber team should not be able to do over time. Their drafting isn't *that* good. They've filled a lot of holes over the years with Wes Welker, Danny Amendola, Brandon Cooks, etc.

Hell, they signed Darrelle Revis for $12M for one season to help win a Super Bowl. No way they can do that if Brady is making $23M a year.