Jet Fan Game Traditions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenFan15J, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Going home disappointed.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I talk to my dad on the phone about 20 times a game. He was so sick back in 2010 I thought I was going to lose him. I'm so glad I still have him around so we can commiserate during the games. I still think it would have been the coolest thing ever if we could have seen them win a Superbowl together, but at his age and in his health it's never going to happen. Hell, I doubt it's going to happen in my lifetime.
    He is a lifelong fan since they were the Titans. He made me a Jets fan from the day I was born. I'm jealous that he got to see them win a Superbowl. However, I will always be so thankful for the games we got to go to together, the ones we got to watch on TV together, and the ones we have spent time together talking on the phone during. It's why sports are so important. The Jets have meant family to me. I just wish we saw them win.

3. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

I'm a Euro so obviously I can't go to the stadium. So when I watch games live (they start at 7pm in my timezone which is great), I swear a lot and yell and my family members think I'm nuts. I also put on my Jets hat I ordered from America.

Peebag and LogeSection2RowJ like this.
  4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Love this man. This hits home for me, as my dad has been a Jet fan since 65'. Me and him have been watching the Jets every week since I was 5. Since the 2008 season, we have missed only 2 or 3 games due to him traveling for work. We switch off every Sunday, my house then his house. We get together, cook food or bring something in, and just talk Jets for 3+ hours. Honestly one of the highlights of my life. This team only means a lot to me because of the great times me and my dad have watching them, win or lose.

FlaJet and KWJetsFan like this.
  5. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

How has the Gang Green nickname never developed into anything like green bandanas? I look at the Steelers and their fucking towels and the Bills and those Zubaz pants and have always wondered how (beyond wearing green) a fan base with such an us against the world attitude has never created something symbolic, even though very simple. The Black Hole and the cheeseheads as other examples.

6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I have a Boston terrier. He is 9 years old and his name is Jet. He runs and hides the minute I turn on the Jet game (true story). I guess he's smarter than his owner.

MurrellMartin likes this.
  7. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Thanks for getting me all up in my feelings this morning, KWJF.

My Dad passed three years ago, I miss him every single day, and it's partly because of him (also partly because I liked the logo on the helmet) that I'm a Jets fan. He is the one who got season tickets the year after my Mom passed. He is the one who attended every single home game with me from 1995 through 2005. We had so many great memories at Giants Stadium and just sitting at home on the couch. I miss watching with him. Cherish the moments you have left, because you never know when they'll be gone.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Start a fire after the last home game and burn my jet hat in disgust. Its been awhile since I went to the last game and many seasons when I went I did not burn it. I buy a new hat every August and my hope it lasts to the next season. Not to successful lately. I am not exaggerating it somehow makes me feel better.

9. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

After driving up to Buffalo for the disaster that was the Week 17 finale, I left my tailgate table in the snow, as well as my tailgate chair.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Oh man that game pisses me off almost as much as the steeler championship game where Rex was still celebrating the pats win and we did show up until the third qtr. btw since then it’s been all downhill for Bowles.

11. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

My favorite was throwing peanuts at the visiting team fans when the Jets did something good (rare). Also at guys with radios on loud while watching the game. I guess they didn't really know much football if they had to rely on the announcers.