Super Bowl LII Thread - Philadelphia Eagles vs. Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Proved without a doubt that although defense can win games, you damn well better have an offense that can ball and a QB that is playing lights out to win the VLT.

dogg and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ok guys ...what you witnessed yesterday was the EXACT OPPOSITE Of what we have here with this donkey show

A HC WHO PUTS THE PEDAL TO THE METAL..NOT ONCE did D Pedderson let up e.g. Tremendous plays on 4th and long that resulted in TDS!!!!

Doug P ic a brilliant Offensive Coach ...just remember that trick play right to Foles...the throws and clutch catches by Aghelohr ( who supposedly had the flu???) ..I mean imagine if he was healthy..

It felt SUPERGOOD to see NE go down...and maybe Philly go on the rise

Sorry guys if we continue to be the SOJs I am tempted to join the other Philly family members and honor mem of father in law by rooting for my other team in green

FTMR Howie Roseman is a brilliant GM who can run circles around Macdoodling...got Wentz AND Foles ..can't get better than that

#242 NYJetsO12, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Patriot, dogg and Brook! like this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The only issue I had with his coaching yesterday was going for 2 points in the 2nd quarter. Game would have been over after the Elliot FG if they just took the 1 point.

NY Jets68, Red Menace and FJF like this.
  4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Yeah, that was clearly the wrong move, and I’m sure the analytics boys in his ear were telling him so, too. He’s done the overaggressive thing a few times this year, and that could have cost them the game. Nobody is perfect, but I’ll bet he does things like that less next year.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Great points. Watching the game last night I imagined what Todd Bowles would do in those crunch moments. Bowles isn't and will not be a good enough HC to bring us a Superbowl victory.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Useless unless Doug Pedderson comes with him...not a snowballs chance in h-ll that happening ...lol

Breaks my heart to say it but my Crystal Ball is seeing the Eagles soaring and Jets on the road to palookavile..oh well..I have given the NYJs a 50 year Mulligan ...for what????

#246 NYJetsO12, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Both coordinators gone. Gronk retiring. Father time is at Brady's neck. It's over for you guys. You will be back to half empty stadiums in a couple years

tbruner12 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And that run play right before the 2 minute warning at the end. He had a chance to pass and end the game there. Clock was stopping anyway. Those small mistakes can come back to haunt you

Red Menace likes this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Oh my god I forgot about that. My Eagles buddy who I was watching with was screaming about that.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

FYI, Foles has the best postseason passing stats for anyone with 4+ games.

Teams will be calling the Eagles to inquire about him.

5 seconds before Brady fumbled, I was thinking to myself "how crazy would it be if Brady threw an INT here. No one would see it coming."

Turns out it was a fumble rather than an INT, but it was the only point in the game where it crossed my mind.

The game set a record for the fewest punts in a Super Bowl (1). The defenses were terrible with blown coverage and missed tackles, and of course there were the two coaches being aggressive on 4th down. I thought Philly going for it in the 4th was a really questionable one.

This was Timberlake's third Super Bowl. I didn't know he also performed in 2001 (then of course the famous 2004 halftime show).

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Excellent observation, my coworkers were wondering why I kept yelling.... stop chasing points so early!!

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He probably thought about not wanting to take a sack like happened with Matt Ryan last year.

A sack would have taken them out of FG range, even with the run it was a 46 yarder.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'd be pretty smug if we won a few Super Bowls.

But that's just me.

14. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

tbruner12 likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Alex! Alex...you out there?
    War! War? Where are you?

Come on, boys, dinner is served.

[​IMG]

16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

The one thing I would never wish upon even hated rivals is a franchise moving. What happened to the Browns was criminal. As was the way the Colts were stolen.

However I would absolutely love to see the Patriots fall on such hard times again that they have to move. It won't happen but it would be nice

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I was wrong.:)

Ralebird likes this.
  18. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The dynasty may be over, but it was one hell of a dynasty.

Why are you so upset? The Pats lost and Philly won. I am not going to get into a stupid argument about the refs with you. No matter what logic I use it will go on deaf ears because you dislike me for being a Pats fan. Even though the Pats lost I am not angry, I realize how good it has been. I have no reason to be frustrated like you and I do have some empathy for you being a Jets fan because I am one myself. When it is all said and done we are talking about football entertainment so why be so hostile?

Maybe we all have our priorities screwed up here? Instead of worrying about football stats and details; we should be more concerned with the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) of the market which is tanking right now.

Na football is King! Go Pats! Go Jets!

19. Patriot

Ah what if they moved to New York city? Be careful what you wish for!

20. Patriot

You make some good points.

Don't run and be a Philly fan. This is so easy and logical. Things can only improve with the Jets and when they do, people like you can tell the Jet Come Lately Fans to go you know what.