Patriots stole Eagles Defensive Signals in SB 39

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Jan 30, 2018.

1. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be mean or heartless, But does anyone else think Patriot is a little touched?
    The last few posts have me thinking 55 year old autistic savant or some other special needs.
    Maybe I'm way off, and he is 8 years old, his best friend is a JET fan(while also a teddy bear), and has learned how to become a member on this board. Either way I don't appreciate any Patriots fan that wants to step on my waist in order to climb on my shoulders with his proclamations of Pats greatness and his lending hand of football wisdom to help the JETS stop swimming in mediocrity.
    I'm a life long JETS fan, and I could careless about Patriot web sites.
    Maybe I'm the savant? Atleast I'm not an indecisive 8 year old. Lol
    I'm just saying... Very odd behavior by that guy Patriot. You think maybe it's really Tom Brady and he uses the name Patriot to throw all of us JET fans off? I mean seriously, when Patriot speaks, he even says things like Brady would. Could it be him?

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It’s an act. Nobody’s buying it.

tbruner12 likes this.
  3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

My question of the day: Is the Patriots Dynasty overrated (being a Jet fan I might be biased but I think I am looking at it objectively)?

My answer to that is yes.

02: Accused of taping Rams walk through. They win.
    04: Accused of taping Panthers practices. They win.
    05: Accused of knowing Eagles defensive signals: They win
    08: Lose to Nascar Giants d.
    12: Lose to Nasacr Giants.
    15: Beat Seahawks because of brain fart at goaline. Don't think any scandals were that year.
    17: Beat Falcoms. No scandals.
    18: Lose to Eagles.

It's interesting. The first three wins had controversy and then go 2 and 3 in the other five appearances. I just question should they be talked about at the GOATS?

I'm not taking away that they're great. I'm not taking away they would've won a few. Be more like 3-5 or 4-4. Still Hall of Fame still great. Just wondering what others think.

tbruner12 likes this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Did anyone see that savage cure auto commercial?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. Dierking

They were all wafer thin majors of victory, any one of those games could've gone the other way. But you can't deny its an impressive run of historic proportions over a sustained period. The accusations are just that.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Can't argue the accomplishment.

Now if only Seattle and Atlanta hadn't screwed the pooch, .a 5-game SB losing streak might've helped put a Bills-like luster to it. .. : (

tbruner12 likes this.
  7. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Agree. Spygate was a proven accusation. So I give them credit and respect but comes with an asterisk for me.

tbruner12 likes this.
  8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'll say it again - "The Patriot Way" is systemic cheating, running the full spectrum between somewhat shady and downright prohibited stuff. You can reasonably infer that the stuff they have been busted for is the far end of the spectrum and work your way back from there as they scream from the rooftops about how they leave no stone unturned in searching for that competitive advantage.

9. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Actually Kurt, the filing in the Fed. court had not been made, as the NFL was still in the process of investigating the incident. I believe it was around March when Wells met that time with Brady who destroyed his phone that day or within days prior. The decision came out later and the NFL immediately filed in Federal Court.

I am not 100% sure either how the destruction would be handled in any eventual judicial proceeding. My guess would be that it would be held against Brady as the destroyer of the evidence and he may not be able to use it to his advantage for a defense. For example, if there is a text from the refs that measured the footballs to him saying we lied and everything was fine. Assuming the texts could not be retrieved from the phone provider, Brady would not be able to say "trust me they said it" after having destroyed the item that had the text it in.

Going the other way against Brady not sure what sanctions one would have and my guess might only be contempt, which might require at least a knowledge that it might go to court. I think the only sanctions to Brady come in the form of the NFL being able to punish him for destruction of phone as opposed to any damage in a case in court.

And agreed, i can see a jury not being too thrilled if a person destroys evidence that can not be retrieved in another manner.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hi. I just quoted your first post on this forum, so don't cry if you get tagged like the troll that you obviously are.

It's pretty clear why you are posting on this forum.

11. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Good for you little boy.

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Shasta

I saw your report on @abyzmul . Wanted to respond openly so everybody can read. What abzymul wrote to you is not an attack. He makes an observation saying you are a troll. You are the one attacking him with your 'little boy" comment. I personally don't think you are a troll. So hang in there. But try to have a thicker skin if you are going to discuss football with Jet fans on this site. Please note we aren't normal fans. Sometimes there are more than 60,000 Jet fans at Metlife but we are only 150-200 active folks on this board. We love the Jets. We are obsessed with the Jets. We breathe the Jets. This is not ESPN. I promise you. If somebody attacks you personally I will interfere and edit the message. But calling you a troll is not a personal attack. It is an observation. And unfortunately for you, there are many posters who think the same.

Like I said I don't think you are a troll. You are a hot head Pats fan just like we are hot head Jet fans. We have to find a common ground to discuss football. Please hang in there.

13. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

This is fair, and for the record I have thick skin, but a Toll is someone that wants to do nothing but draw opposing fans into fights, that's not me. Yes I am a hot headed Pats fan and will always hate the Jets, but I love football and in that context there should at least be common ground for some.

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks. Hang in there. I like your take on what Jets should do to improve the QB situation. At least we have that in common. :)

15. Dierking

Just to set the record straight for you all, I live in New England and I can vouch totally for the fact that there truly exist Patriots fans with testicles.

abyzmul likes this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is your fourth post.

17. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Most don't, but given the position the Jets find themselves in would make the most sense to cultivate multiple options . People forget that Washington didn't draft Cousins with the intent of him becoming the starter, he was a safety valve pick and and many thought they were crazy to draft another high QB in the same class as R.G. III.

18. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

As you know the Pats went through many QBs between Bledsoe and Brady. Choosing a QB is not so easy, even a backup. So given the Jets selection in the draft, what possible QBs could you see them picking?o_O

I also have trouble understanding why Pat fans like yourself hate the Jets. Why because of Parcells? We have a lot to be thankful and when this run is finally over, just remember you will probably never see anything like this again in your lifetime. Be a happy Masshole instead of the glass half empty one. When dealing with Jet fans try to remember the days of Plunkett and the misery of being a Patriot fan with Billy Sullivan as the owner. They have had it tough in recent years and this year will be the 50th anniversary of their last Super Bowl appearance and win. Hopefully Broadway Joe will see the Jets win just one SB before he leaves us.

By the way, just watch, someone in this forum will accuse me of being passive aggressive on this post! Talk about thin skin!:)

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Sorry, it never gets old.

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Oh, my, there is so much gay in this thread! Too many gays and gayness! I hope you all get married!

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69:mad:

joe likes this.