Super Bowl LII Thread - Philadelphia Eagles vs. Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well to be honest if Jets ever win, I will punch all police horses in New York metro area.

zace, tbruner12 and JetBlue like this.
  2. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Congratulations are in order for the Eagles for the win.

As usual even in a high scoring game, defense wins Super Bowls. The strip sack of Brady by Graham was big and the Patriot defense did not have a good game in general.

Some Patriot fans will probably complain about the Zach Ertz TD. But I agree with the officials he was in the act of running. The Pats fans will probably complain even more about the Corey Clement TD which did appear he was bobbling the ball. To these fans all I can say is if the Patriots defense did their job on that play it would not have been an issue. On a close game calls might not go your way, that's reality. Besides I would tell them lets not all be crybabies like all the other loser NFL fans.

The offensive line of the Eagles is the reason they won. Foles had no pressure hardly on him and that is the real reason they won. They definitely won the line of scrimmage. This was a crazy Patriot Super Bowl game and as they say some team had to win. It was a close game and the Eagles won. Had the Patriots defense showed up they would have clearly won this game, but it is what it is.

NYJetsO12 and playtowinthegame like this.
  3. Patriot

That would be not original and besides isn't this animal cruelty?

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You are a trooper. Your team lost a Superbowl and you are on a Jets board. I like you Patriot. :)

NYJetsO12 and playtowinthegame like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, when you're used to having every close call go your way it must be difficult to see them not. Only in New England were these calls incorrect.

In any case, the NFL needs to get rid of these ridiculous rules, and frankly, get rid of instant replay and let the officials on the field call the game they way it used to be.

dogg and tbruner12 like this.
  6. Patriot

Foles had a very good game, but what you are not realizing is offensive line gave him great protection. You give any decent QB that kind of protection and they will be successful.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Anyone complaining about the Ertz TD simply isn’t interested in being honest.

I thought they would over turn the Clement TD, but even then it’s borderline whether he ever lost possession or it simply moved as he was tucking the ball inwards as he caught it.

johnny likes this.
  8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Gronkowski considering retirement.

JetBlue likes this.
  9. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Jesus won SB
    Can I say that?

10. Patriot

Foles was 28/43 373 yards 3 TD 1 INT 106.1 rating
    Brady was 28/48 505 yards 3 TD 0 INT 115.4 rating

Had the Patriots won the game then everyone would be saying Brady had the greatest Super Bowl game. I could be mistaken but Brady did set a record for most passing yards in a SB or was I watching the wrong game.

Foles had a great game but I amused how you and others dismiss the game Brady had.

11. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

stats stats stats Brady LOST Foles WON goodnight !

NY Jets68 and dogg like this.
  12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Final score is a pretty important stat that must be considered.

13. Patriot

In a close highly contested game there are going to be close calls.

Why the announcers thought the Ertz TD was not a TD I think is more stupid than dishonest. Like I said he clearly was a runner at that point.

On the Clement TD I would have liked an explanation and maybe the NFL will give one. But as a Patriot fan I am not going to cry over this call, this is not the reason why the Pats loss the game. Had the situation been reversed and a Patriot player benefited like Clement did there would be whining about cheaters, rigged etc. This is loser fans do and I am not one of them.

The Pats simply loss the line of scrimmage game against the Eagles offensive line and that's why they lost.

NYJalltheway and JetBlue like this.
  14. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Great win for Philly, nice to see that city win its first SB and first NFL championship since 1960. Would of like to have won, but one can not get all the bounces. Philly played a great game and deserved to win the SB.

15. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

For me both TDs can be explained fairly easily. Ertz was leaning and really not going to the ground. Once he took his third step, he is a runner, has control and thus possession, therefore crossing the plane its a TD. The fact that he went to the ground after his third step/possession is not relevant.

I could of seen Clement TD gone either. It just comes down to if the movement of the ball was within his control. If he is deemed to not to be able to corral the ball, its incomplete. But if on the other hand the refs felt the movement was of his doing, that is, he is transferring the ball for one hand to the other, and thus he is controlling the movement of the ball, then possession and thus TD.

Sucks we lost, but it is not the end of the world, we have bounces in some games and not in others. Just gotta roll with punches. Really wanted 3 of 4 but it was not meant to be this year.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I agree. Patriot may be crazy for being a Pats / Jets fan, but he's a good egg IMHO. You are always civil and logical - which I like even when I don't agree with you.

17. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I agree with this sentiment 100 percent.

18. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Part of it expectations. You expect Brady to be great. We've seen it many times (too many times :)). Foles, although he was great last week, you didn't know he how he was going to react on the biggest stage and the pressure on.

19. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Yehoodi, same thing that was said to Patriot also applies to you (if you care what I think) I also agree with your assessment of the TD's.

#219 johnny, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Yehoodi likes this.
  20. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Do I sense a new endorsement deal for Tom?

[​IMG]

NYJetsO12 likes this.