The two bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longislandjetfan, Feb 1, 2018.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

True, but fuck Belichick tho. Jets had a good thing in place their years here and he bolted in such a cowardly way.

I thought it was a solid 30 for 30, though the Jets sure were the butt of all jokes.

bmfc1 likes this.
  2. jets12

jets12 Active Member

Good point he screwed them but Parcells greed is what really screwed the Jets up and it will NEVER change till Woody sells the team. the only way to make it happen is for no one to show up to any games till he sells.

3. jets12

jets12 Active Member

I don't think that is correct. That looked like the new stadium to me.

4. jets12

jets12 Active Member

The problem is the Giants roughest stretch is like the Jets glory days as long as Woody owns this team.

5. jets12

jets12 Active Member

WE have one of the worst GM's and Head coach in the game and the Johnson's are so smart they extended both idiots for 2 years instead of getting the right guy to run all of the football operations. The only way to turn this team around is the hire the right guy to run the show and then hire the best coaches and teachers. You could see how important coaching staffs are in the show. Both the Giants and Pats built great coaching staff and we have a bunch of guys that cannot get jobs anywhere else.

Jets fans need to finally wake up and boycott the games till Woody sells or gets out of the way. Life is too short to let a scumbag like Woody ruin the passion of football for Jets fans.

I don't know if you see it but I do having been a Jets fan for 50 years but the fact they screwed up a tank season and played a 38 year old QB who cost us a franchise QB has turned a lot of people off and I think that die hard Jets fans are starting to move on.

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

As someone who always liked Parcells and respected BB the coach (even if he is a loathsome human being) I was fine with it till the last five minutes when they showed that whole Jets locker room nonsense...was that really neccesary? Seemed like everyone including the filmmaker wanted to clown the Jets.

And Charlie Weis can fvck off too saying 'only the Jets could make this (the BB head coaching stints) a clownshow'...no, only Parcells and Belichick with their egos could make it a clownshow with a Kraft assist. Neither Parcells coming in or BB going out was the Jets' fault unless you want to blame the Jets for tampering with Bill 1.0. Although I wasn't sure what to make of Kraft's conspiracy theory that the league wanted Parcells to coach in NY so they turned a blind eye to the tampering...I mean he might not be wrong, but OTOH it is Kraft. Can't really trust him any more than the league.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The BB thing yes I'm sure they obviously weren't allowed to get into the nitty-gritty of him taking the bonus and going back on his word.

But your first paragraph isn't really relvelant to the point of the documentary - the relationship and influence that the Bills had on each other. WTF did Archie Manning or Brady have to do with Parcells and BB's relationship?

8. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Assuming we're talking about the same footage, it had '2009' in the corner of screen during the clip. It's just Belichick walking around, talking to the camera about his stadium memories.

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I like your accurate understanding of Mara. You must go back a ways, like me. LOL

For years, I have been saying that the current view on "St. Wellingtion" is way off. In the early days of the Jets he was greatly threatened by them. He used to complain to the New York Times about the "excessive" number of inches of paper space the Titans received. When the Giants started to slip and they Jets got Joe Namath, he tried to keep the Jets out of NFL at the merger, first seriously proposing that they move to Memphis, then insisting they get an indemnity payment, outrageous for the time (was it $25m?). Jets had to pay. Giants even got their draft pick bumped up to number 1 overall in 1968 (jumped ahead of the Bengals, who were going into their first season). Giants wound up trading that pick to Minnesota for Fran Tarkenton in a panic move to compete with Joe Namath. Vikings picked Ron Yary, a HOF'er, one of the greatest left tackles of all time and corner-stone of a team that made 4 Super Bowl appearances. Giants would up trading Tarkenton back to Minnesota, where he led the Vikes to 3 Super Bowls. Imagine if the Jets did that?

Mara constantly derided the Jets and the cheerleader reporters who covered the Giants fell right along into lock-step. They still do.

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I go back 53 years, so yeah, I remember quite vividly what a piece of garbage Wellington Mara was.

Unfortunately the Jets also have themselves to blame. The Giants were the absolute butt of the jokes of the New York media during 1966-1970, and the Jets were viewed as clearly the important team in town. The Giants were an absurdly bad franchise for 20 years, but the Jets couldn't take advantage of it all through the 1970s, since they were just as bad. When they moved to New Jersey, completely betraying their history as the Brooklyn/Queens/Long Island franchise and playing in a stadium with the rival's name on it, they were admitting that the opportunity was gone.

The irony is that Wellington Mara tried to destroy the Jets and repeatedly failed. Leon Hess tried to support them and actually left them wounded in a way from which they've never recovered.

11. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Just look at scumbag Gary Myers. After the Giants were spurned by both McDaniels and Patricia, their 1st and 2nd choices, they had to settle for underwhelming nobody Pat Shurmur. But he goes easy on them, still talks them up as some desirable franchise filled with class and consistency. He's aghast that Patricia and McDaniels would want nothing to do with the NFL's lordly elite Giants. If this was the Jets he'd be railing for weeks that nobody wants nothing to do with our circus and the team should be booted to the XFL

Mara wouldn't even refer to Namath by name. And even just a few years ago the 2015 Jets/Giants game, the Giants wouldn't even let Woody Johnson's wife enter the stadium through her regular entrance and made her take some freight elevator because she was a "visitor" (it was their home game) thing is her husband owns half the stadium so it didn't make a difference who was home/visitor that day. I don't love Woody either but the Giants went out of their way to be scumbags to his wife

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  12. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Hess was a horrible owner. I don't care how bad the bathrooms are at Shea. We could've had some renovations done and some more Sept home games, but you never EVER move into Giants Stadium unless it's for only 2-3 years.

joe likes this.
  13. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

That would be dead wrong.

Fans actually boycotted games, not suggested, didn't go. They flew planes over the stadium during games blasting ownership and the CS. The Mara's fought in the papers. Roselle had to force the Giants to let Young run the team under the threat of taking the team away from them.

Not so glorious a history when they went down.

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  14. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

If you think Parcells with that ego would allow himself to be asked if you drafted Tom Brady as some reports have stated you were asked to do, do you think you would have 5 super bowl rings like B B does it wouldn’t bother him while B.B. is sitting there, I am sure that question was not allowed to be asked, same for a Manning question asked the same way, Parcells was not allowing any questionable decisions to be asked in front of his student.

15. Endlessly Counting

Ironic but true. The Giants' Stadium move had been a thorny issue for years. However, I think Hess did everything he could to right the ship by bringing in Parcells. I think the timing of Hess' death was a bad break for the Jets. I don't think BB would've skipped to the Pats if Hess had been around a few more years (especially after giving him $1m to stay) and I think Parcells might have come back to coach if BB pulled the dick move he did with Hess still around. The team Parcells built ( Pennington, Martin Abraham Ellis, Mawae) was really good and I think Parcells could have gone to a Super Bowl with that type of talent.

16. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Bill Parcells knew what he was doing. Fuck him. He can stay over there with Big Blues. They are the clown show now.

17. Endlessly Counting

Mara was a fop who stumbled his way through running the Giants. Its no coincidence that the Giants went down after his brother Jack died in '65 and St. Wellington was left at the helm. And its even funnier that you never hear about Jack Mara. It's almost as if he's been wiped out of the history books.