Free Agency Targets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Dec 28, 2017.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Just saw this... What a clown man, that's how you don't get a big contract. Much rather draft a RB in the second or third than spend more than 60M on a RB.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  2. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I took his comment to mean he wants more than $60M, not that he doesn't want to play for Jets.

He's stated he wont play for a $15M franchise tag. So its clear he just wants to get paid. He had 1,200 rush yards and 85 receptions last year. He is 26 so this is the only opportunity to get paid. The Steelers would gladly franchise him one more year then let him walk. He has less leverage at 27 years old after another season of 300+ touches.

tbruner12 likes this.
  3. Correct me if I’m wrong but pretty sure Bell is a closet Jets fan.The fact he’ll even acknowledge the idea of playing for our joke of an offense I’ll takee as a small victory.

Nonetheless if he was in any way serious I would indeed deem this unprofessional.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'll pass on Lev Bell. Pittsburgh found him in round 3, Kareem Hunt was round 3, Kamara round 2.

Allocate money to other positions. We can get like 4 good players with the money Bell is demanding.

5. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

If only the jets were good at selecting offensive skill players in the 2nd or 3rd round... we have to go back quite a bit since we had servicable/good guys like Lamont Jordan or Coles from those rounds

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Barkley > Bell.

Dont @ me

wampa, 6-10 once again and tbruner12 like this.
  7. Ozymandias

I'd like to grab Cam Erving or Ju'Wuan James. Ansah if the price is right.

8. Biggest problem w the team in my opinion.They don’t draft good skill on O or Edge/corner players on D.

They always end up w tough technicians who lack athleticism or athletic track star w no toughness or technique.

kevda5n9ne and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Kamara was actually a 3rd which is shocking. So many teams passed on him.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  10. But man would he open up the offense.While I think his price tag is extremely prohibitive,if he gets down to 12m or so a year I front load a deal & take my chances.He elevates a whole offense just by his presence alone

He’s a very versatile player..he shouldn’t be getting 300 carries any longer..get him hovering around 200 w. Another complimentary back along w McGuire & we’re a lot closer to a good offense than we were before his arrival.

I’ll throw the Cousins crowd a bone..imagine a backfield tandem of Bell & Barkley! That’s the kind of running attack that could break down the walls of this passing league crap.Wall is the key word though..OL has to create creases & win the point of attack in the zone scheme

Cousins-Bell-Barkley-Anderson-Enunwa-ASJ..if either Hanson/Stewart step up could be onto something

11. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Screw Bell...he has been suspended multiple times.....draft Penny with our 2nd pick (Sea) in 2nd round...

12. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

Exactly! Especially in the 1st 3 rounds where you'd expect a team to get plug and play guys you can work around.

Look at the eagles in the past few years... Ertz, Algholor, and Wentz, even though he's a DT you can even include Fletcher Cox. Foles is also a good pick (Even though he left and came back).

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I love how there was an article about how the Jets brass really liked Kamara but NO got him first.

Haha boy if I can't tell you how many times over the years that article was written. Maybe someday they will actually draft one of these good players they allegedly really liked haha

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Russell Wilson too. TFB wanted him. But they didn't get him. The Jets would be a dynasty with all the players they almost had.

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they really HAD to have that 2nd Safety for Todd.:mad:

16. Ozymandias

We wouldn't draft Barkley if we got Bell.

17. Not so sure about that. Powell could be gone given his cap hit & Bell's arrival. Barkely would compliment Bell well & QBs aside, Barkely could clearly be BPA at #6. Running back by commitee on a whole nother level.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We are the almost all time great greatest

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Isn't the story that the Jets didn't want to give up a 2nd rounder for him? It's kind of hard to blame a GM for not wanting to trade what's probably going to be a high pick for a 3rd round RB. Hindsight is always 20/20.

20. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

It's a toss up whether they address positions like QB, RB, WR, C, DE, OLB via draft or free agency, but I see CB as the one position they need to after big-time in free agency.

Depending on whether or not they resign Claiborne (seems likely they do) and whether or not they keep Skrine (probably a toss-up), they should be adding at least one CB, possibly more.

All the others could go either way, but I do also really want stability at C in free agency. If medicals check out, Weston Richburg is my preference. Then they can use, say, a 4th round pick on interior OL prospect

NCJetsfan likes this.