Jets are reducing Season Ticket Prices for more than half the seats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

So if I understand your situation correctly, people purchasing a PSL seating today will pay a lot less than you for the same type of seats. I don't know what clause there is on your PSL seating agreement, but your probably not the only one affected. You may consider a class action law suite with other folks in your predicament to have your PSL refunded or given to you at the same price as PSL being sold today. Hopefully there is a good lawyer among you that will get the Jets to cave in. Customers like you who have supported your team in the past deserve to be treated better than this. This is worst than the Patriots charging $5 for tap water during a game! As they say buyer beware!

Royal Tee and Mike Capobianco like this.
  2. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

That's what you have to do when you field a shit product. When you think your GM is doing a great job and yet you have to lower ticket prices? That means there's something wrong. The fans are not attending in such force for obvious reasons. The fans know what a bad product looks like.........

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Well said.

I attend all the home games and gave up my season tickets after the 2016 season.

During 2017 I attended 9 of 10 home games, missed the Titans Preseason game because of vacation, and I paid less than $900 for 2 tickets and a Yellow Parking Pass to every game. I sat in the Mezzanine once. Upper Level once. Mezzanine Toyota Club 2x and Lower Level endzone or sideline the other 6 games and I saved $2,000 by not having my previous Lower Level Endzone season tickets. Now, I received 2 games (Jacksonville and Kansas City) for free and I used $150 in StubHub gift cards for the Miami home opener, but even so, if I spend $1,500 on 2 tickets and a parking pass next season to sit in the Mezz or LL every game, I'm still saving money by doing that game by game as opposed to having season tickets.

sickandtired and Brook! like this.
  4. Mike Capobianco

We are paying the same amount for our tickets but any new season ticket holders in my section do not have to pay the 10000 dollars.

5. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Giant PSLs are worth nothing also...PSLs are just a scam.

6. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

alleycat9 and Brook! like this.
  8. scott dierking II

scott dierking II Active Member

So I have season tickets in 249A, $4000 PSL, and did the 15 year finance plan, so I still have a ways to go to pay it off. Has anyone with years left on their PSL just tried to walk away from it and not received repercussions? Obviously I'm not happy with this new plan after being told you had to have a PSL in order to by tickets in this section. If I decide to just not pay for tickets or the PSL anymore, will they pursue legal action against me? If anyone has done this, please let me know. Thanks.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

There is a thread dedicated to this...just do a search.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Scott

Check out this thread and ask your question there if you like. But if I don’t remember wrong some Jet fans walked away from PSL’s by stopping the payment and nothing happened.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/thre...ium-stuff-go-here.42290/page-969#post-3651206

11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I highly doubt they'll come after you. Can you imagine the scene in court...

Judge... so you eliminated PSL's in section 249A but those that paid in full don't get a refund and those that haven't paid in full still must pay? Case dismissed !

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The benefit are you get 1st right to your seats for any home PO game + a entry in the SB lotto that purchase those tix at face value :mad:

playtowinthegame and alleycat9 like this.
  13. HorribleEverySingleSeason

I walked away this year, just do the same. It sucks admitting we were stupid but live and learn.

Going to anything at metlife blows and I'll be a fan from home, with no traffic, no shit weather, no obnoxious drinks to deal with. If we somehow make the playoffs (lol) I'll get a ticket on stubhub for cheaper than whatever face value they are charging.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Sorry, I didn't read any of this, but I got something in the mail from the Jets that if I renew by March 1st, my season tix price is locked in until 2019 and guaranteed not to go up. Haha, get outta town. I'm sure it was mentioned in here. I have the invoice, but threw out the letter. Oh, I'm not renewing by March 1st. Proud non-PSL non-owner.

sickandtired likes this.
  15. jetophile

OK, I did read through now. I don't own a POSL, but I got the same letter more or less. Seeing as I didn't buy in (good for me!), I am not paying a red cent by March 1st regardless. Oh, lookee thar . . .

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/psl-default-repercussions.88138/page-4#post-3608330

It's post #67, but I'm too stupid to link the exact post. So, would a POSL holder please enlighten me as to exactly what benefits you possess that I do not other than transfer rights? Inquiring minds want to know, because essentially, other than transfer rights, it's full of crap from where I'm sitting. Heh.

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. same old jets

same old jets Member

I sent one of the higher ups we know a long detailed e-mail on this. This goes beyond bad PR/customer service....I can make a case for breach, fraud, bait and switch, interference with contract, etc.....they touted and sold PSL's as an investment that would increase in value and now they have destroyed any value they may have with this no PSL for season tickets in our section move while keeping the $....I'm giving them a few days to give a good response before pushing the issue....this is beyond unfair they basically bilked our group out of $50K with no chance to ever resell. I'll check out the other thread as well - ridiculous

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Please keep me/us posted! I'm Going to call them next week and see wtf is goin on.

18. jetophile

OK, here's the skinny. I spoke to two different reps and got so confused I started getting a brain freeze. There is NO PSL for NEW BUYERS in Mezz. A & B, 220A - 232 A, and 224 B - 228 B. The PSL was 4K in A, 2.5K in B. Tix were $130 per, now $95 per for both PSL and non-PSL holders. No PSL if you're just signing up for The New Dump in those sections.

PLS holders can upgrade FOR FREE (yeah, thanks) to Sections 101,103,104, 123 - 129, 148, & 149. Those tix were $132.50 & are now $115 per. Rep goes you just called and spoke to a different rep before me, you don't own a PSL so what is your malfunction type thing in a polite way. It was like pulling teeth to get a concrete answer.

I just wanted to be clear about PSL vs. no. So yeah, second rep was getting impatient and said Jets points blah blah, Jets merchandise in The New Dump blah blah, $40 off for concessions blah blah, special events blah blah, yeah, well, I don't care about any of that, I just drink the nuclear NJ poison from the water fountain in The New Dump, pray and take my chances that I don't die of arsenic overload or mono. The only real difference is that I don't have transfer rights in the UD. You heard right. The only difference is pretty much just that. When he said, "You don't own a PSL, why are you so concerned?" Me? "At least I didn't get tooled."

My season tix dropped from $125 to $95, and if I pay my first installment by March 1st, I am guaranteed not to go up until 2019. Big deal. I'll wait until I'm billed in April. I hate this FO. And yeah, again, I did say as to PSLs in a parting shot, "At least I didn't get tooled." I really did say that. Hahaha. I catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, and I'm really good at it. I never curse at people on the phone, I never raise my voice, and I don't believe in killing the messenger. I just kill deftly. The guy had no comeback and was silent as the grave.

P.S.: To anyone who has PSLs in those sections, I would be beyond furious. To expound, second rep said that they are doing this offering to fill The New Dump with seats they couldn't sell and to improve the Jets experience. Holy Crap. He phrased it more succinctly, but I laughed. I also said, "Too bad I don't have my original PSL offering package." It really is shame that I trashed it, because it was comedy gold. I do, however, still have the box. I keep paintbrushes and drawing pens in it. : )

P.S.S.: The first rep's name was Samantha, the second rep's name was Ted. My new personal rep's name is Marissa. My last personal rep "got promoted". In other words, she probably drowned herself in the East River because she couldn't take it anymore.

#58 jetophile, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  19. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Why? Save your $$ and buy from secondary market for half. Especially without preseason rip off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

20. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

Exactly....i started in section 206 back when the stadium opened. I dumped after all these new offers started coming out. This is going to get ugly with recent class action announced.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk