Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

@Brook! , can I like this post without violating my restraining order?

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

This is like the Seinfeld episode where Jerry starts dating a girl that seems to be great until he learns she used to date Newman and he ended it with her, which is the beginning of the end as he becomes obsessed with thinking something is wrong with her and can't get around that she wasn't good enough for Newman.

It's so interesting that Washington has had at least above average QB play from a guy they drafted for the past few seasons, maybe for the first time since Theisman, and they let him go and instead give $71 million guaranteed to a 34 year-old whose largely been a good game manager for much of his career.

Is there something wrong with Cousins or is this just the Redskins and Dan Snyder doing what they do best and overpaying veterans and screwing up their roster? I tend to think the latter, but even for a bad franchise it makes you wonder why they wouldn't pay the guy and instead pay a similar amount for Alex Smith. Is it worth it to maybe save a few million per season?

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You know what to do ...

[​IMG]

4. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

101, I say that with tongue in cheek, but you and your "apprentice" FJF seem pretty gung ho over Captain Kirk. Lol

5. 101GangGreen101

Smith is the most overrated QB in this league and needs everything perfectly set up in order for him to play decent. I also compared Watson to Vince Young in terms of being a WINNER, not an NFL comparison in terms of skills.

Told ya don't play yourself lol

6. 101GangGreen101

FJF has been a Jets fan longer then me, knows this team more then me. When I first joined this board, I looked up to a lot of the veterans that posted here, sat back and gained knowledge. If anything it's the other way around ... Kirk isn't the only QB I am gung ho about though. Lamar Jackson ring a bell? I literally made a 5 page thread on that guy.

7. playtowinthegame

Bottom line, you didn't want to draft Watson. You compared him to the next Vince Young after winning a national championship. Until Watson's freak knee injury at practice you were choking down more crow than Kobayashi eating weiners at Coney Island on the 4th of July. Now you got the gall to toot Lamar Jackson's horn before the draft. Yuck! Lamar better adapt and learn how to play wide receiver like Terrelle Pryor. ;)

8. 101GangGreen101

No, I did not compare him to Vince Young. I compared them as WINNERS. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Listen, don't play this game where you have selective reading issues to make yourself sound better cause it ain't gonna work. You know this board archives and you know damn well I compared to them as winners cause you looked back onto my posts and for some reason liked them.

Watson, great college QB, still not going to crown him. Anyone that says Lamar is a WR clearly hasn't watched a flick of his tape. But troll on, troll on.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Lol. Like away FJF. :)

Man, I am glad we don't have Dislike button here in TGG. If we did, there would be too much bad blood for mods to clean up. :)

But guys please no name calling. :(

10. playtowinthegame

Just having fun with you. Nothing personal. You're a good Jets fan, 101.

101GangGreen101 and Brook! like this.
  11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

So the story goes Cousins is a top tier QB who hasn't won because of the talent around him. Based on that, what makes us think he will win here? Do we have more talent than the Skins now? If no, why will we in the future given what Mac has done in the past 3 years?

12. 101GangGreen101

yeah at my expense :D ... hahah its all good though, this place would be so boring if we all agreed on things. Definitely nothing personal at all, you are a good fan as well, the real fun will be when things get rolling in the draft / FA. Gonna be a fun off-season (as sad as that sounds). We will see who is wrong and who is right!

playtowinthegame and Brook! like this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

well they traded for smith so kirk will walk. they feel they can win now with the cheaper smith and plus improve the team around him with the extra cap roon. and yes that is true but the skins kinda fucked up the whole ordeal

14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that was against us. they didn't fare quite as good in most of their games.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I don't know how much more convincing THAT is and what I will never get about TGG in the face of SO MANY red flags concerning Cousins a lot of the posters here just keep "well he is GREAT...gotta sign him"

Uh duh...great BASED ON WHAT???

This is starting to get like The Genobot phase till they all left or fell off the face of the Earth

playtowinthegame likes this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Then why bother drafting one too? I mean it’s the same problem unless you think your finding the next manning or Brady but that’s the same as calling powerball your retirement plan

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  17. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

You're Kirk Cousins. You look at your options what do you pick?

1. Jets: Defense is ok. A few pieces can be good. Offense is ah. Oline is bad. Need new pieces. Receivers are ok. One or two players can make them good. Running backs are ok. Have a ton of space and can fill holes with draft picks. Some promise.

2. Broncos: Defense is still elite. On the way down but can be a top defense for another year or two. Offensive line is awful. Running backs are serviceable. Great receivers. Have a window of a year or two to make it to the Super Bowl.

3. Arizona: Has a great running back. Beyond that needs alot of work.

4. Jacksonville: If Bortles option isn't picked up best team to go to. Oline is good great running back. A few up and coming receivers and great d.

5. Browns: Team is young. Have pieces on both offense and defense but still a number of years away.

6. Sleeper Vikings: If they enter the sweepsteaks. Same as the Jaguars.

The Browns, Jags and Vikes might not be in the market. The other 4 I think he'd debate between the Jets and Broncos. The Broncos might win. Better d and the two receivers. Less pressure. Be a tough decision. What do you guys think?

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Despite my feelings on Cousins, I agree with this.

19. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Even if we have to overpay, we have to sign Cousins. He is young and a franchise QB. You dont look at wins and losses. His stats are very good. Low inteception rate and nearly 5,000 yards a season now. The Redskins are a terrible organization.
    We have plenty of cap space and the 6th pick.

SIGN COUSINS.

20. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Bortles option has been picked up and his surgery pretty much guarantees that hell be on the roster next season