CBS Draft Sports NFL Draft Rankings

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Jan 23, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I admit that I haven't been able to follow college football as closely this last year as normal, but is it me, or are CBS' draft rankings really screwy?

For instance, their top 2 QBs are Mason Rudolph and Lamar Jackson. Rosen is #3, Darnold is #4, and Mayfield is #5. If it falls that way, that could work out perfectly for the Jets. Maybe the Browns take Rudolph or Darnold, the Giants take Rosen, the Broncos take Jackson, and that leaves the Jets sitting at #6 with a choice of Mayfield or Rudolph/Darnold. They might even be able to trade down a little and still get Mayfield.

Their top 25 players are as follows:
    Bradley Chubb, DE
    Derwin James, SS
    Quentin Nelson, OG
    Roquan Smith, ILB
    Orlando Brown, OT
    Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB
    Saquon Barkley, RB
    Maurice Hurst, DT
    Courtland Sutton, WR
    Mason Rudolph, QB
    Derrius Guice, RB
    Lamar Jackson, QB
    Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, DE
    Vita Vea, DT
    Kolton Miller, OT
    James Washington, WR
    Josh Rosen, QB
    Taven Bryan, DT
    Chukwuma Okorofor, OT
    Sam Darnold, QB
    Connor Williams, OT
    Denzel Ward, CB
    Marcus Davenport, DE
    Ronald Jones II, RB

Their OT rankings are also interesting. They have Orlando Brown as the top OT, followed by Kolton Miller of UCLA, Chukwuma Okorafor, Connor Williams and Mike McGlinchey. They have McGlinchey as the 37th best player. Maybe McGlinchey falls to the Jets at #37.

They have Ogbonnia Okoronkwo listed as a DE and the 13th best player ranked two players ahead of Arden Key. In between them is Marcus Davenport of UTSA.

They have NC State's Jaylen Samuels who is an excellent WCO FB prospect listed as a TE and he's only 5'11".

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

CBS sports is being lax this year. that said, they're rankings are usually out of whack until sometime after the superbowl...assuming anyone consdiers them, or any other draft site, as being 'in whack'.