Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

I say get Teddy with the intention of having him as your starter, bring McCown back as a backup (something he would be amenable to) and draft your franchise QB. Bang, for once it might actually appear the Jets know what they’re doing Re: QB!

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

So agree. How about taking Saquon a #6 then O-line with both 2nd round pics! All this assuming Macc lands a FA QB.

ColoradoContrails and grkmanga31 like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

never said any of that. love how people go full defensive though. anyway lets keep ti on topic and not make it personal?

anyway your cousins comparison sure sounds a lot like drew bree's last few seasons in SD.

4. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

You're right I forgot about McCown. I guess my thought process is if we sign Bridgewater he wouldn't resign. But I'd take him over the other 4 qbs.

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No it doesnt, not even close. Theyre at opposite sides of the coin. Im not knocking you for wanting to get a better qb, but hes hardly worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

playtowinthegame likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s a big no to another vet. You should be carrying one vet and 2 development projects . Unless you are in a contending year.
    If it’s teddy it’s teddy draft pick hack/petty. That’s how you cycle through and find a qb

7. GasedAndConfused

look at brees last 3 years with the chargers, then look at cousins last 3 years with the skins. tell me who was better?

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Drew brees didnt really take off till his last year in san diego. That was just situational as anything. He always had that it factor. Like i said cousins isnt terrible just not great and worth the kinda investment this team would have to commit to him.

I'd much rather trade up and take rosen

9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

This poster you are replying to thinks Bowles is solid gold, and Cousins is a million dollars. He is serious too. :eek:

zace likes this.
  10. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I can live with Teddy, a rookie, and I guess Hackenberg. I don't think Petty will make this team. We've seen enough. I even question if Hackenberg makes the team. I'd be happy with Teddy, Allen or Mayfield at 6 and Rudolph or Falk later in the draft. Do much like the Skins did with RG3 and Cousins. Be better than Petty and Hack.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

even his last year in SD wasn't even close to as good as cousins last 3 years though. that's kinda the point. NO signed brees to a mega contract even though he was coming off an injury and just starting to look like a FQB and it's paid huge dividends. at the time we had major money tied up in chad who was also coming off injury. also FWIW brees never won a playoff game (we beat him in the playoffs with chad at QB) Even if you think cousins is just an "average" QB at leats he's proven at minimum that he is a good starting QB in the NFL. a draft pick COULD be a good QB or could be a huge bust. and a bust at QB will set us back another 5-6 years. we already suffered through sanchez, geno, petty, and some older journeyman stop gaps. It's rare for a proven QB under 30 eyars old to be avilable. it happens maybe once every 10-20 years. it's hard to pass up for a team as QB hungry as us. do you really think he's worse then say a flacco or dalton or eli or tannehil?

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I like Bowles, but im sure this is his last year. Then well hire an offensive minded coach to go with our young qb.

Cousins needs exceptional talent to succeed. If we had the skills guys maybe, but hes not a qb thats gonna carry your team. That when you hand out massive contracts for qbs.

13. GasedAndConfused

it's just a username. funny since yours is a famous quote from herman edwards ;)

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I take back what I said about Foles. If he wins the superbowl, the Jets should immediately pounce on him. I wouldn't get too crazy over one game, though. Beat Brady and prove yourself.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yes i do think he's worse than them. He gets rattled easier than them. Comparing that san diego team tho is very difficult. The franchise is much more of a dumpster fire than you know. Thats part of the reason they did what they did. Washington spent money. They had studs on offense pretty much the entire time cousin's has been there.

What im explaining is context is everything. Cousins numbers suggest a player who throws a lot because he plays from behind. Cool you threw for 300 yards, but you trailed by 2 or more scores most the game, i expect that. Brees was not in a good situation in San Diego. Almost immediately upon going to NO he took off. Cousins wont be the same. Im not calling him fitzpatrick or anything, but until he can prove to carry a team, hes not up at the top.

16. playtowinthegame

Totally agree with that assessment on Cousins and Bowles. Bottom line Kirk Cousins would be bad investment in order to get him to come to the Jets, and he won't help a team win those big primetime games. Cousins is a choker.

zace likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The problem with signing Foles is that his price tag has really gone up, and will skyrocket if he actually wins the SB, and while that would be testimony that he has talent, does he have FQB-level talent, or was he simply good because he was on a great team? I suspect the latter. ANd it would be such a SOJ move to throw a truckload of money at him and he comes here and then performs in an average, not FQB-level, way, unable to overcome the lack of talent and poor coaching. And meanwhile, because they figured that solved their QB problem by signing Foles, they pass on a real talent in the draft. This outcome would be right out of the SOJ playbook.

CotcheryFan and zace like this.
  18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He is, his numbers are inflated by situation. He throw a lot because he makes costly decisions early on that lead to non-productive drives and his defense gets tired and he falls behind. Not because hes lighting up the scoreboard. Their defense isnt that bad, but they get gassed.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Exactly, thats team is stacked and better than most people are giving it credit for.

20. playtowinthegame

He didn't play scared at all in that game vs the Vikings #1 D in pts and yds. I was impressed. I would love to get him. I wonder what it would cost.