Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Well I'd prefer Cousins.

Fair point about changing OC's, but I believe McCown is a decent veteran stop gap who has played in many systems.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sign Sam (Bradford). Then trade down and use picks for O-Line, Pass rushers, and RBs.

Or stay at #6 and trade up for Saquon Barkley, RB (if Browns don't take him #1).

tbruner12 likes this.
  3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Good post, and I totally agree about the foxhole and Rosen.

We will find out more about Allen and some other guys at the Senior Bowl.
    The flip side of that tho, if he really impresses there, then he will not last to 6..

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

If we can't sign Cousins, I would bring McCown back on a 1 year deal and also draft Baker Mayfield at 6.

I would prefer Cousins though because then at least we know what we have and can use the first round pick on filling a need like EDGE rusher, o-line, or draft Saquon if he falls.

Footballgod214 and FJF like this.
  5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

lol! Yeah that's becoming the Josh Allen paradox to me. If he kicks ass at these predraft activities he'll never make it to pick #6. If he looks like crap then he may well be there at #6 but now all of a sudden the leap of faith gets a little bit longer.

Given that I'm starting to write off the probability that Josh Allen will ever be a Jet. Unless the Jets love either Mayfield or Jackson I'm starting to think if Cousins or another FA doesn't happen that Luke Falk with a 2nd round pick might be the way to go. I'm really starting to like him. He might give up a little on paper to these other rookie QB's but I think there may be a few sprinkles of magic pixie dust in him that can't be fully measured at a combine.

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I would trade with the Giants. It’s the best option. The Browns would be foolish to draft Rosen, and I can’t see the Colts staying put at 3. It about hasn’t to be a trade up to 2 to secure our potential FQB.

I don’t see the Browns making the same mistake twice. Especially with Dorsey at the helm, the potential of the QBs in this draft, and seeing how costly passing on Goff and Wentz was.

They are locked to take a QB at 1. Darnold is likely the beatbox candidate down them, especially with Hue Jackson and his offense.

I think the Eli Manning dilemma is way over hyped by the media. I don’t think they feel that the QB situation is as dire as everyone in the media has made that out to be. It will benefit the Giants because now they can ask for more than they would’ve got for the two because of the “dire” situation they’ve painted at that’s position.

I think they truly want to gain more draft capital and target another pressing need for their team with a likely top 10 pick still.

I think we end up with Rosen or Allen if we don’t go QB in FA.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  7. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Remember no matter what happens. We are the JETS..
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jets69 likes this.
  8. Pepsiguy5

Completely agree with the Eli part. Not only does my crystal ball say the Giants are going to go for it with Eli and not draft a QB right now but they are a great bet to trade down A) if the Browns take Barkley 1st and "whatever" QB with their 2nd pick and B) if the Giants want to go line instead of Barkley anyway the value of those available just aren't up to par for a #2 overall pick so trading down gets you your lineman plus a significant bonus.

If I was in charge of the Giants that'd be what I'd be interested in doing. Get Eli some help and go win one more.

Edited to also mention that not only does that fit for your plan if your the Giants. You know there are literally several teams out there absolutely salivating for the chance to secure one of the top 2 QBs. Great likelihood that somebody "overpays" at the last minute. Let 'em overpay and rake in your chips.

9. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Out of the options listed I voted stay put at #6 take the best available QB.

My goodness signing Cousins for $30 million per year would be the SOJ thing to do same goes for trading away the farm to trade up.

If this frickin' GM can't get a player at #6 why is he here?

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

We're not going to go after Foles, are we? :eek:

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Keenum's price just dropped.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We could do worse. Cough bortles cough

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

But that foles stock though

14. HomeoftheJets

It's a bubble.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  15. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

But another draft whiff on a QB would be catastrophic and set us back years. None of these guys are a sure thing and after Darnold and the 2 Josh's I feel like it's even more of a crapshoot. Mocks have Baker going anywhere from the Jets spot at 6 to all the way in the second round!!

At least in Cousins you're getting a QB who's probably in the top half of the league. Not an unbelievably high ceiling but a reasonably high floor.

FJF likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

If Foles can make the Super Bowl, Cousins sure as hell can.

FlaJet, FJF and JetsNation06 like this.
  17. Pepsiguy5

Kirk Cousins can absolutely make the super bowl. You must maybe need a little bit extra padding and bubble wrap around him than Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Joe Montana etc need.

I also hate to say it because I kind of pull for Bowles but I'm not sure the current Jets coaching staff is anywhere near the caliber of most of these deep playoff run teams. And its a little shaky that we rejected hiring one of them a couple years ago. Really strong coach work and in game adjustments/clock management add one of those extra layers of bubble wrap.

Brook! likes this.
  18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If the only thing Macc gets out of this draft is Saquon it will be an A++++ draft!

hwismer and grkmanga31 like this.
  19. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

If not Cousins, Nick Foles.
    Someone on this board mentioned him a couple years ago, and if it had of happened we may not be in the predicament we are now.
    No to Darnold, or Mayfield. Maybe Allen or Rosen. Jackson in the 2nd if he falls.
    I believe there is a good chance we sign McCown even though we started over with the coordinator position.
    If we sign a vet, and I pray we do, grab Barkley if he makes it to 6, or an Edge rusher.
    For those who say a rookie over cousins because of years left in his career (7-8 compared to a rookie who will get 15 ), it's gonna take them 3-4 years to potentially play to Kirk's level, so there isn't a big enough difference to use that as an excuse. That's not even taking into consideration the Gamble of drafting a QB. Worse still, there isn't a QB in this draft that stands out and says " I will be an All-pro and lead your team for a decade!" This QB class is way too overhyped. Take Cousins.

BudJet likes this.
  20. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Kirk Cousins won't choose the Jets, however, Mac could attempt to trade for Nick Foles or Alex Smith. Those are realistic options. Cousins is not.