Robbie Anderson arrested in Fla... Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 19, 2018.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

There is a big difference between character in the locker room and off the field.
    Players love a guy who performs on the field. You can be the nicest guy, but if you aren't able to play to the expected level, your not going to be wanted on the team by the players.

2. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Obviously I'd prefer to have good performers on the field than bad performers. Even better than that -- MUCH better -- is good players who also think team first, who care only about winning and not their own stats and shit. If you have a bunch of guys like this, it's contagious. Winning games and sustaining momentum becomes systematic.

I'm not in the Jets locker room, but I suspect that Robby Anderson acts like a me-first dingleberry. Just a hunch.

#162 twown, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Great. We found the next Sheldon Richardson. All I can say is cocaine is a hell of a drug.

4. TonyFtLaud

Obviously that is an ideal situation but near impossible to achieve on any level in any sport.
    As far as Anderson,
    It's possible that he is but it's just an assumption at this point.
    I think the Jets let the legal process play out and make a decision after that.
    He could face a suspension, very likely and that would make him exempt from the roster and eliminate his salary.
    If his production is replaced, he will be cut. If not, he could return.
    It's a production driven league , not character driven. Look at the rest of the league, players, coaches, GMs, owners.
    There are scumbags at every level. Many worse than Anderson.

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

And of course they can get a warrant for a drug/alcohol test if there is probable cause, which there certainly was here. I'm sure that they took blood hours ago; it would just be a question of whether it was out of his system by the time they got the warrant if he was actually under the influence of anything.

6. TonyFtLaud

Not in Florida. You can't be legally forced to submit to a blood urine or breathalyzer test in this state.
    Speeding does not give probable cause in any state for a drug/alcohol test.
    Smell of alcohol on his breath , smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle , paraphernalia or drugs found in the vehicle may in some states but not here in Florida.

7. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Chicken or egg, my friend! Exactly what I mean. How do the Patriots get "production" out of players who don't perform well elsewhere? One can argue that when you're slotted into a culture where

*your best player is taking less than market value
    *stupid penalties and missed blocks and tackles and assignments simply aren't tolerated
    *guys are playing their roles, and this results in wins, wins, wins....

this culture has a huge affect on your mindset. Suddenly you find the character within yourself, and boom, you're productive. Or else you don't, and you're cut.

(Yeah, yeah, cheating, blah blah. BB taping practices and Brady deflating balls has no affect on the locker room culture I'm talking about.)

#167 twown, Jan 20, 2018
  8. TonyFtLaud

Aron Hernandez.....
    Enough said

9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Very bad character guy. The absolute worst. Doesn't change the fact that the Patriots tend to be well-oiled, relatively team-first and non-demonstrative, and consistently successful.

10. TonyFtLaud

Completely agree.
    And if Andersen was the Patriots#1 Reciever they would not cut him either.
    In fact, they would jump on the opportunity to sign him.

11. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Any other position and I agree. It's interesting to imagine him getting his shit together and towing the line. Maybe he would!

(New England has a fetish when it comes to receivers.)

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

According to this it's not that simple; besides the cases where a warrant is not required to force a blood draw (for example when the accident results in death or serious bodily injury), according to the ruling of the Court of Appeals in State v Geiss warrants to force a blood draw are valid if the warrant alleges that the DUI is a felony:

https://www.tampaflduilawyer.com/defenses/blood-test/by-force/

Speeding by itself isn't enough for probable cause to get a warrant, but reckless driving can be, as can attempts to evade the police, both of which apparently apply here.

In any event, people usually don't lead police on a high speed car chase unless they have something to hide. I'm willing to assume he hadn't just robbed a bank, and they didn't find a dead body in the trunk of the car, which means that the most likely scenario is that he was drunk or high. Or maybe it's just that he's one of the stupidest people on the planet, since the arrest report doesn't mention anything about possible DUI.

#172 statjeff22, Jan 20, 2018
  13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Wow!! Bad news indeed. Sounds like an immature, quite possibly VERY stupid person.

Glad nobody got hurt.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He's also immature. His talent and the Jets need for a gamebreaker will buy time for him for the present. Kid needs to grow up like I said at the top of the thread.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Robbie Anderson is not Randy Moss.
    Cut his stupid ass.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

WHOOOOOAAAA...... Look WAAAAAY up.... If it's not too late you may see that one sailing way over your head

17. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Lets really go for it. Acquire both and then totally rely on them for next season. Heh... it'd be like our own personal roulette wheel.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  18. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Nothing sparks maturity LIKE GETTING CUT haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cman68 likes this.
  19. TonyFtLaud

Newer cases in the state have ruled it illegal and even blood draws taken in cases where an individual is unconscious due to alcohol or drugs use is clearly involved , even with a warrant are inadmissible.
    Anderson was released, there was no mention of suspicion of DUI and still no legal probable cause for any test.
    Your free to speculate all you want, but the facts are clear.

FJF likes this.
  20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member