Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who do you think they'll take?

Why wouldn't they take Baker. They desperately need a QB. I can't see Elway wanting Falk or Jackson. He may like Allen, but then again, may not like him at all.

NYJetsO12 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Bring Teddy in and draft a qb

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Denver is in a better position then the Jets as far as draft position and they have the benefit of working with Mayfield in the senior bowl.
    We won't know what their impression of him is until after the draft. We would have to trade up ahead of them to take him. Obviously if they pass, they weren't comfortable with his personality but we won't have that knowledge before hand and if he blows them away, they could also trade up to 3 or 4.
    I'm in a wait and see what unfolds in free agency before getting to invested in any prospect. Going to be a wild free agency.

4. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I voted to draft the QB at 6. I think trading up for any of these QB's is not advisable with all of needs on the roster. See which QB falls to 6
    Granted, I'm all in for signing Kirk so that would be my first option.

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Dude is not ready for the NFL. But if we had competent coaches I would take him in the 2nd round and develop him. I just don't see this staff being around in 2 years or taking the time and due diligence to work with him. Look at how bad Petty and Hack were dealt with.

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If Cousins is not with the Jets and if Baker Mayfield is there at 6, we are picking him. That’s my gut feeling.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The question is "Best Option" so I guess my true answer is trade Petty STRAIGHT UP for Aaron Rodgers.

8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Exactly my feelings including Kirk

Bridgewater is also intriguing as long as we also draft a qb (doesn’t have to be at 6)

Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield will fall to 6 and I like both...if the top 4 QBs are gone then take Barkley

9. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

he's not pretending...

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Make them throw in Jordy Nelson.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Anyone but Rosen. He's got the makings of a guy who's going to be a bigger pain in the ass than he's worth. Character issues will sink a QB more than just about any other position. He's got a reputation as a rich, spoiled brat who is not easy to coach and doesn't get along with his teammates. He's no doubt got talent; he's got some of the best mechanics I've seen in a college QB in a long time. But so did Ryan Leaf. Give Rosen Payton Manning's character and work ethic, and he'd be the next Payton Manning, hands down. But I just have a bad feeling about him.

Honestly, there's not a single QB in this draft that doesn't scream "bust" "career journeyman" or "career backup". Rosen is the only one with the field vision and mechanics that are needed to be an NFL QB, but he lacks the maturity and character. Darnold could be okay, but it seems like he lacks the field vision and the testicular fortitude to play at the next level. Lamar Jackson will impress scouts physically, but he's yet another college QB who is more of a running back that also throws. Not a pocket passer. Baker Mayfield also has character issues, and appears to be a Johnny Manziel-lite. NY would be a major distraction for him. Plus, his mechanics leave a lot to be desired. Josh Allen could be good, but he looks more like a work in progress than a day 1 ready QB. He'd do better being a backup to a current top tier QB for a few years before taking over.

I would get a QB through free agency. The reason being that Bowles is terrible at developing young players. I'd rather have a guy who already knows what he's doing. For me, I think grabbing Kirk Cousins would be the best fix of the options available. Yeah, he's going to be 30 next year, but it seems like most QBs are playing into their late 30s. Barring injury, that would give the Jets a good 7 to 10 years with him.

All that said, I don't think we have a single good option. The best we can hope for is either no progress or regression next year, and a new coach who CAN develop a young QB in 2019.

boozer32 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  12. M00ndawg

M00ndawg Member

In my opinion we should draft Baker Mayfield with the six pick if he's there... an RB in the second would be nice to help our young QB.

13. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I am hoping the Broncos get Cousins. The type of contact he will get, will absolutely cripple a team down the road (see the Ravens with Flacco).

I like Cousins, but I don’t see a perennial pro bowler and for that kind of money, he really should be. Jets need to find their guy through the draft and sign a vet to lead/mentor.

My QB Ranking:
    Josh Rosen
    Sam Darnold
    Baker Mayfield
    Josh Allen
    Mason Rudolph
    Luke Falk
    (Lamar Jackson is a smaller version of Terrell Pryor)

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Nah he's ready for the NFL

This might be the worst comparison yet. Imagine comparing a QB like Jackson who threw for 3000 more yards with the same amount of starts as Pryor. They play nothing alike.

#74 101GangGreen101, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I stay @6 and see how the board falls... I love Mayfield but think he may be gone by then .

I'm intrigued by the kid Riley Ferguson out of Memphis... big kid that played in a pro style offense, which means his transition should be a lot smoother .
    If we can draft this kid in the 2nd round or maybe 3rd depending on where he's projected I think we may have our future QB

smittyf350 and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  17. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I really don't get why people are so high on Bridgewater.

The times I saw him play - He was competent enough but didn't blow me away.

I realise OFC that the way the Vikes are/were set-up called for a 'game manager/control the ball' QB so I probably wasn't going to see anything else but.........................meh!

Was he a stud in college or compared to A-Rod or Brees when coming out?

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Giants who were terrible all season blew Cousins up the last game ...guys numbers look great but Play and Zace are

100 per cent correct...numbers are skewed cause he beats bad teams

He won 6 games with the skins this year with same strength of schedule as Jets..the only decent team they beat were the Rams 27-20..their defense and personnel were prob a tad better than the NYJs

All the better teams Vikings Eagles Saints Cowboys Chargers beat Washington..and Washington averaged 20 points a game this year...nothing to write home about..guy is NOT elite on same page as Brady Brees Rivers etc

Cousins is fools gold..one playoff appearance ...he lost ..

MM would be smart to spend millions in FA for OL Edge Rusher and CB that's the main goal imo not a retread QB

#78 NYJetsO12, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  19. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Agree 100 percent. Edge rusher and shutdown corner. I love the cb from Iowa.
    Just look at the vikings and the titans. They have Rhodes and Ramsey repectively. Patriots have Malcolm Butler, although his play has declined slightly.

Absolutely do not overpay for a game manager or slightly above that grade.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Only 2 teams in the top 4 need QB’s and 3 in the top 5. Barkley is going to be one of the non-QB’s drafted in the first 5 picks.