If only...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Jan 17, 2018.

1. I think the jets need something similar to that of coughlin but not necessarily him.He doesn’t have any ties to here & signing him would’ve looked like the jets turning to the giants ex coach to fix all their problems.

It has to be someone w a certain level of credibility,competence & ability to look at things from a wider lense.

Kevin Mawae is an interesting name.He has strong ties to the organization,is a potential hall of famer & former president the NFLPA.He commands a lot of respect , understands the game & has served in a high profile administrative role.

I really believe if the johnsons intend on keeping this team at some point they’ll give in to growing public sentiment & hire someone for this role. But that could be 5 years or longer out.Gotta keep tabs on potential candidates

NCJetsfan and Jets_Grinch like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I understand your point, and it's a good, but in the Jets case just getting someone's knowledge would be leaps and bounds better than what they have now, at least as a first step.

And again, my main point really wasn't "crying over spilt milk" as much as pointing out the value in the Jets getting SOMEONE who knows wtf they'e doing to run things.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The Jaguars have been stacking talent for years before Coughlin showed up...he showed up at the perfect time.Im dying to see the Jaguars upset the pats

4. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think I'm a bit more of an optimist. Bowles and Mac weren't exactly my optimal choices but they haven't been a total trainwreck thus far. I think this offseason is the big one though. The card table is full of puzzle pieces..... they need to click a few together.

Blow this and the team is going to be set back badly. Click the puzzle together the right way and the picture will get a lot nicer.

I wish I knew what their analysis of Cousins and the rookie QBs are.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I don't think that's impossible by any means. The Jags defense is nasty and 1 or 2 turnovers at the right spot can turn things right upside down fast.

6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Jet fans are lucky. We went from Leon Hess "Kotite fired I must hire him" to Johnson "Parcells best coach in football wants his assistant to replace him let me do something so he chooses not to coach here." Our owners are football savants. We're lucky. We're also stupid because we keep coming back for more.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm gonna keep pounding this drum:

"If Only We Had a true VP of Football Operations.." preferrably someone that knows how to build and run an organization.. Enough of Amatuer Hour..

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The answer is NO.... because he wasnt

FJF likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold my breath on the Johnsons selling the team.

10. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Everyone's hung up on this idea of a "VP of Football Operations". I think that's silly.

How about a full-blown "President of Football Operations"?
    How about a "Football Operations Tsar"?
    Perhaps an "Emperor of Football", or a "Lesser Deity of Football Operations"?
    I like "Football Pharaoh", myself.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd settle for "Somebody With A Clue"

12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

They need to sell now. If you can't be bothered to run a franchise of which there are only 32 of them, then you need to get out of the business. Taking that ambassador job was a big middle finger to the Jets organization and the fans. It would be different if they were run well and doing better with him away. But that went out the window when they extended Heckle & Jeckle. It proved that they are totally fine with losing and having no direction.

#32 boozer32, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. boozer32

You forgot sprinkled in between those 3-4 years Coughlin has won Super Bowls. Oh how horrible. I would take that anyday. Instead we have perpetual losing with no playoffs, no SB, no direction and idiots in charge.

14. boozer32

Yeah you are an optimist. What is your definition of a trainwreck? Bowles had a playoff caliber team when he took over and didn't make it. Their drafts have been so-so and back to back 5-11 are an embarrassment. But fans have been beaten down and abused by this franchise for years so they think that is doing well.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

your stance is the 2015 team coming off 4-12 and heading into the season with geno smith and fitz as qb1 and 2 was a playoff caliber team?

16. jets12

jets12 Active Member

All you need to know about asshole Woody Johnson and his now apparent clueless brother is that they decided after the 3-2 lucky start to renew these two clueless pieces of shit to run the franchise further into the ground.

Don't forget clueless Woody let Bellicheck get away by caving to greedy Parcels and making him GM so he could keep getting a paycheck from the Nerd and Belli was not going to stand for that.

What a crime to have an owner like this ruin it for fans for over 20 years now that we extended dumb and dumber.

The only thing Jets fans have to root for is the team that is playing the Cheatriots.

boozer32 likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus all that Boozer

I've made mistakes in life like the rest of us but continued rooting for a Team whose ownership has better things to do than run an NFL team , offers no mandate for winning , extends contracts to a bad Coach and an Iffy GM ..is one mistake I no longer wish to carry ..After this offseason if the chips and decisions are down ..I am so outa here

boozer32 likes this.
  18. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Member

From your lips, to God’s ears. Woody has to be the worst owner in the NFL.
    Loyal fan base.
    Largest market in the country.
    $$$ falling our his arse.
    Yet nothing ever changes. I honestly believe that Woody doesn’t care one bit whether this team wins or not, just as long as he can walk around in his stupid ball cap and continue to line his pockets.

boozer32 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

State of the art facilities, didn’t hire a coach because of the feared backlash from fans, changing coaches and gms every 3-4 years , up against the cap most years, big payouts to who ever the gm wants . But yea, he doesn’t care about winning. He has made some very questionable decisions but they weren’t from lack of caring. Let’s at least try to be real with our criticism.
    And Daniel Snyder is the worst owner in football

20. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Member

Please point to one instance that shows Woody cares about winning. State of the art facilities? Every team has those. Big payouts to whoever the GM wanted? What GM in their right mind would want a Tebow or a broken down, lazy Revis? Those moves have Woody written all over them, wanting to make a “splash” and not caring about the long term success of the team.

NCJetsfan likes this.