17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Are the prices you're mentioning WITH the added service fees? These added fees on these ticket sites are sometimes 25%.

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

They've never contacted me before when buying tickets via Ticketmaster. They'd do that every game if that were the case.

3. MurrellMartin

Yes. $49 tickets. Came out to be $230 total for 4, so there was $34 in fees.

CBG likes this.
  4. LogeSection2RowJ

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Wow. Jets are reducing prices for 2018 and also crediting people in Mezz End Zone seats for the PSL they paid. Mezz End Zones will be PSL free and season ticket went down from $130 to $95 per game.

6. snoballz

snoballz Member

Mezz End only?! How about the rest of us schmucks (i.e. PSL holders) that continue to support them? This is an excerpt of the email I received from the Jets...

We are pleased to announce that you may now renew your New York Jets Season Tickets!

Your season ticket price will remain the same for the 2018 season.

In addition, when you renew your season tickets by March 1, 2018, and sign up for an automatic payment plan, you will receive a season ticket PRICE FREEZE for the 2019 season and a FREE food, beverage, and merchandise credit of $100 per seat.

As a PSL-holder, you will continue to receive the best benefits we offer, including the transferability of fully paid PSLs, exclusive event access, Jets ticket discounts and PSL-only experiences and opportunities.

7. Brook!

I wish I knew my friend. At least you are getting a $100 food credit per seat. I know it is peanuts but it is what it is.

snoballz likes this.
  8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Jets buying back Mezz PSLs at full price?

9. Brook!

Nope. They are offering upgrade to Lower Level PSL's by crediting them the amount of the PSL. See the wording. My crappy English

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/art...-Tickets/6a6eed41-d991-419e-b4d3-4cf51cc7e621

Fans will now have the option to purchase a mezzanine season ticket without PSL benefits, and current mezzanine PSL holders will have the opportunity to upgrade to lower-level PSL locations for no additional PSL fee.

10. GordonGecko

gotcha - so basically the Jets cannot sell mezz PSL's to save their lives so they are going to sell all those tickets individually on ticketmaster. Existing mezz STHs will obviously be pissed so they are letting them relocate downstairs where they also cannot sell PSLs to save their lives. So they are trying to consolidate what PSL paying fans they have left downstairs and sell more game to game

11. MurrellMartin

Good deal for those who didn't already have the seats / paid the PSL's. Bad deal for those who did, unless they want to move to the LLEZ, then okay, but I think a lot of people who have Mezzanine season tickets purposely bought them because they prefer the view there and won't be too pleased that now the majority of people around them are paying the same ticket price without the PSL.

12. GordonGecko

Lawyers licking their chops

13. Brook!

14. GordonGecko

still overpriced, that deck is just so high up and so far laterally away that no ticket should be sold for more than like $70, and most should be under $50

15. Brook!

Upper decks takes you away from the game I agree. But still not a bad deal if you still want to have that game experience. Also the Upper Prime between 20 yards aren't that bad. I watched a few games there in the past 4-5 years and they weren't bad at all.

16. HorribleEverySingleSeason

So happy I finally stopped paying my psl this year. Fuck them.

Brook! likes this.
  17. LogeSection2RowJ

My last season ticket seats were on the 30 yard line, Upper Prime. I liked watching the game from there, but I didn't like the time it took getting there using the congested, zig zag escalators. Plus, I still felt it was expensive. I don't know what those seats cost now.

18. GordonGecko

19. LogeSection2RowJ

Thanks for posting that Gordon. Wow. I didn't think I'd ever see $45 seats again.

20. MurrellMartin

My old rep e-mailed me over the weekend to let me know if these new "opportunities", remembered I preferred aisle seats and offered me aisle seats in a mezzanine endzone section, row 2.

They're really hurting for STH's.