Jets are reducing Season Ticket Prices for more than half the seats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Details are in below link. I feel bad for the folks who paid for PSL's in the Mezz Endzone seats.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/art...-Tickets/6a6eed41-d991-419e-b4d3-4cf51cc7e621

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Just in to see who complains about this

Jets69 likes this.
  3. Brook!

Some definitely will but I personally won't. :) I only have 6 years left before my kids are off to college. I am waiting for Jets to sign Cousins. As soon as they do I am jumping on the STH bandwagon. Price reductions are good for folks who are waiting to get on the Season Ticket bandwagon so I am excited. Other than folks who don't get a reduction in their prices I believe this is good news for Jet fans.

Frenbar likes this.
  4. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Tickets should be 2nd lowest price in the league in front of maybe the browns, anything else is an absolute slap in the face of fans

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Yea, but then I'd have to purchase a PSL which is ridiculous so no thanks.

sickandtired and Jets69 like this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay there is without a doubt more to this,,,,I have dealt with the Jets ticket office as MOST OF YOU have and they are lying sacks of human feces ---so besides the fact that the guy sitting next to you paid a PSL ( and he will now be pissed ) there is always a catch with these Jets. If it sounds good and looks good trust me its Woody trying to get over on you ! If you were foolish enough to buy a PSL and it is not paid in full bail out now and don't give the Jets another cent for a PSL and buy these new lovely tickets under your wife or brothers name for 2 years,,,,but more will come out on this new "reduced deal " theres always a catch with Woody they will want some type of commitment they NEVER give anything away,,,,back to weather

7. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

More signs of decline and poor product delivered via the "no mandate for Playoffs brothers"

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

They also got rid of a bunch of PSLs in the process, it's not mandatory for many of the seats now.

They do owe us a price cut, considering how the team has been recently. Like CBG said, the catch is you have to commit to 2 years to get the discount. So they figured a way to sucker us back in and keep us longer, even if the team gets worse.

#9 Sam Hammer, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  10. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

It will still be cheaper to purchase tickets game by game on the secondary market until this franchise becomes a consistent winner.

That said, the Mezzanine dropping from $115+ plus a seat to $95 a seat without a PSL is very intriguing, but sucks for the people who forked over PSL $ to sit there and now don't want go to the LLEZ. Now the people next to them will be paying the same as them, minus the PSL, and the only thing the people without the PSL won't get is probably an extra $50 for food and the right to buy Justin Bieber tickets. Big deal.

sickandtired, CBG and same old jets like this.
  11. same old jets

same old jets Member

spoke to ticket rep - so now in the mezz they will be selling season tix without PSL but no refunds to those who paid and mandate that those still have payments to continue....they claim new ticket holders dont have "benefits" that PSL owner has....when I couldnt name one benefit she said PSL owners can sell/transfer/pass down seats while new season ticket holders are year to year....claims the new non-PSL season ticket holders could be moved to another area in future as they dont own seat.....so yes our group paid $25K for our set of seats and now can be sitting right near a season ticket holder that paid zero PSL.....what a joke!! slap in the face of all who paid/paying PSLs....

sickandtired, alleycat9, CBG and 2 others like this.
  12. Brook!

I truly feel bad for you and your group. If this was me, I would walk away but I am in no place to tell you what to do.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

So glad I got rid of mine. What a joke.

14. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I have corner mezz seats now. They offered to “upgrade” me to the 100s.

I don,t think I’ll do it.

I can see the whole field from where we sit. The bathrooms and consessions are right there and there never seems to be a big line.

If my fellow seat neighbors are going downstairs that will just plain suck.

However, If reducing the ticket prices brings back the fan base that left due to the PSL nonsense...I am for it even though my seats are more expensive.

Brook! likes this.
  15. HorribleEverySingleSeason

So happy I got rid of mine this year, wish I did it sooner. I'll always be a fan and watch on tv but metlife is a horrible place to go. Amazing we have the most expensive stadium in the league and it wouldn't even crack the top 10 in best stadiums in the league.

sec314, Brook! and JetsNation06 like this.
  16. HorribleEverySingleSeason

Also can't forget that the 2 preseason games are practically worthless yet you have to pay full face value for them. Giving those to fans, especially psl holders for free or 25% of their current face value would be an actual benefit but that's never going to happen.

Add in bad weather and a lousy record and you can always do better on the secondary market unless the team has a really good winning record (lol)

GordonGecko and sickandtired like this.
  17. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I promise you this, Johnson family

I will NEVER buy another ticket as long as you allow this shit product to be placed on the field

F you to hell

Hire a legit VP of football operations and go away. Let this man or woman run the show.

NYJetsO12 and sec314 like this.
  18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I smell lawsuit with this right here...
    Absolute BS for them just to take the money and their answer is Hey, you can pay more $$ for your seat now in the PSL sections... wow.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My advice would be "WALK" away,,,,,if your PSL is NOT paid off walk now and cut your losses . You can still buy tickets on the secondary market for A LOT CHEAPER than you are paying now and you will save money its a no brainer to me.

20. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Giants Stadium should have never been torn down unless they could guarentee a dome on the new stadium. Giants Stadium was still a good stadium. They could've expanded the concourses. Beyond that a great place to see a game. The new stadium is awful. The list goes on.

1. Expensive. A game was always expensive but with the PSL many fans couldn't afford it.
    2. The Coach's club kills any home game advantage. One the average fan can't afford it. Two why sit outside? Inside I get food drinks etc and it comes with the cost of a ticket. This is a great move. Lets take thousands of fans out of their seat during a game in the lower bowl. On tv it appears no one is there and because of this we lose sound for a home field advantage. Brilliant move. Other stadiums do this in the mezzanine. Should've done it there.
    3. The product on tv is better. Why spend 8 hours outside when I can spend 3-4 hours at home with a hd tv. The product on tv is better.
    4. This team stinks and alot of that is ownership. Always has and always will. It's been 50 years since we've seen a Super Bowl. Why do I want to see this when for the last 16 years Brady, Manning and Big Ben have been to the Super Bowl. We have not chance.

These are just a few examples. I look forward to seeing how doing away with the PSLs and the ones who paid are still on the hook for them. I think it'll cause problems. Only the Jets.