Conference Championship Sunday

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Jacksonville at New England, 3:05
    Minnesota at Philadelphia, 6:40

2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Minnesota Vikings over Philadelphia Eagles

New England Patriots over Jacksonville Jaguars

Super Bowl LII
    New England Patriots at Minnesota Vikings

SKOL VIKINGS!

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  3. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

If the Pats win, you would have one team tying the record for most SB victories while the other team ties the record for most SB losses.

If the Vikes win, you have one team exorcising many old demons while sending the other team to an NFL tying fifth SB loss.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

After a many year layoff I made a batch of glügg, just means it is the Vikings year. That and Calais Campbell is going to hit Brady so hard he ruptures his spleen. Jags v Vikings SB.

101GangGreen101 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

weather shouldn't be an issue, unseasonably warm even. helps the vikings for sure. not sure about the jags though, even though they are a florida team i feel like they would benefit from some tough weather.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Interested to see the Jags game-plan for Gronk. That is going to be the key for the game. Jags can get to Brady no doubt and I think they can cause a turnover or 2. Yes, very uncharacteristic of Brady, but it's happened before.

Vikings should be able to beat the Eagles.

7. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Also if the Pats lose that will their 5th loss tying them with the Broncos for most losses. So if the Patriots do make the Super Bowl they will tying some record win or lose.

8. Patriot

The Patriots are a lot smarter than the Steelers. I expect them to employ screen passes, draw plays, counters, and traps. They want to keep the Jags off balance. They will also go into hurry up mode which I wonder if the Jags will be able to deal with. The Jags will not be able to make substitutions because of this. Brady also gets rid of the ball quickly and can exploit weaknesses in the field.

This not to say the Jags defense can't prevail. I think this will be a great matchup to watch and the Pats will definitely have difficulty with the Jags.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Can only hope!

Brook! and The Waterboy like this.
  10. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be upset if Brady went out the same way he came in: the starting QB getting a vicious hit and knocked out of the game.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If Brady gets Gronk on Paul Posluszny, the Jags will be in trouble. Perhaps they just run Nickel most of the game and keep PP off the field.

Patriot likes this.
  12. playtowinthegame

I can see the Patriots defense turning Bortles over, and setting up an easy 10 to 14 points off of turnovers. Bortles is the weak link. Belichick won't let Fournette beat him. He will force Bortles to beat him, and my money is on the Pats d not getting beat by Blake Bortles.

NYJetsO12 and Patriot like this.
  13. Patriot

I am not sure on Fournette's status due to his ankle. The jags must have a good backfield because Ivory was a healthy scratch against the Steelers. The Pats run defense does concern me but it appears due to the passing nature of todays NFL game, you might be correct that Bortles will be forced to throw some balls. The Jags want Bortles to be throwing play action passes. The Pats wants Bortles to be forced to pass which makes for a more predictable nature. If the run game is good and Bortles can play action like he did against the Steelers, watch out the Jags may actually win!

14. playtowinthegame

8 in a box, and spy Bortles = Pats 45 Jags 10

NY Jets68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't see the Jags scoring very many points at all. I guess they could limit Brady but it isn't going to matter when the offense can't score more than 10. I also think Dion Lewis has a big game running. Pats 23-7. Superbowl sunday I'll find something else to do

16. Patriot

I am impressed you can actually spell Polsluszny which it a tongue twister.

It will be interesting to see how often the Pats run the ball or will Brady be passing over 50 times. The whole game from a X's and O's will be great and I really hope whatever happens its not another Patriots blow out. I could easily see this game going to the wire.

17. BrowningNagle

GTFOH you are supposed to be a Pats bandwagoneer and yet you "hope" they don't blow out the Jags. yeah,,,,,,, okay bro

FJF, NYJetsO12 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

I agree. they should keep pos off the field no matter what. He is washed up

19. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Vikings can still beat the Patriots. Vikings would have home field but it's a corporate crowd anyway, so maybe semi-home is accurate. Still an advantage though. If it's Eagles Patriots then I'll be going to the movies on Sunday. Eagles can win this game at home but Foles will likely shit the bed in the Super Bowl if he gets there.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

My realtor did the work for me. She is doing an open house at my house on Superbowl Sunday and I decided to take the kids to Chicago that weekend. If Pats are in it, I will skip the whole thing. If Jags are in it I will find a way to watch.