Mehta's Vendetta is still going strong..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Doug Marrone does have friends in the media due to his Syracuse University alumnus status. As does Tom Coughlin too. Fact is Doug Marrone did Buffalo wrong. He got a second chance in Jacksonville and has made the most of it. If he got the Jets job he could have been in the same position Bowles is in right now with the roster Mac has constructed. Not getting the Jets job was at the moment a blessing in disguise for Doug. In fact he should send some special sauce to Manish.

Jets69 and BacktoQueens like this.
  3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Maybe the Jets should have hired Marrone, maybe not; either way, they didn’t, so it’s all moot. Maybe they didn’t because of Mehta, maybe not; if they did, that only shows that Woody was (is) an idiot. Maybe Marrone screwed Buffalo, maybe not; either way that’s their problem, and I don’t give a damn. Maybe Marrone would have been successful with the Jets, maybe not; we’ll never know.

The fact that Mehta feels the need to defend himself from attacks by fans and people like Joe Benigno says a whole lot about what a wuss he is. It’s entertaining enough to watch him expose himself as the loser he is, but beyond that at this point it really has nothing to do with the Jets. It isn’t Mehta who is the cause of the failures of the team; it’s the owners, coaches, staff, and players who are to blame.

Jets69, NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I disagree.

Marrone had the option to opt out in his contract. I believe he was hired by Ralph Wilson. After he passed away Marrone didn't feel comfortable there anymore? He chose to exercise that option nothing wrong with that IMO.

Smart man.

It's not too different from what happened here with Hess wanting Belichick to be the HC after Parcels but after he died Belichick didn't feel it was a stable position?

5. WarriorRB28

How stupid is he to say how Marrone would have done here using the 2017 roster as a example instead of the 2015 roster?

In 2015 the Jets still had a perennial top 10 defense, perennial top five rushing attack and loads of cap space going into that off season. A d-line that at the time was looked at as one of the youngest most talented in the league. The problem with those Jets teams was the offense especially the QB play.

Mehta had his head up Rex's & Pettine's @ss Marrone wiped the floor twice with Rex's Jets in 2014. Connect the dots.

#5 WarriorRB28, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

It would be fun watching both Petty and Hack at the Pro Bowl this year after a season with Marrone.

I'm just assuming they would both be outstanding at this point because Bowles is so terrible at "developing" quarterbacks.

7. WarriorRB28

Heaven help Mehta if Marrone's Jaguars upset the Pats in the AFC Championship game.

I'll never forgive him.

Jets fans haven't forgotten.

He may have to look for another job.:)

8. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

That's some grade A butthurt.

9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

You're being just a bit melodramatic.

Jets69 likes this.
  10. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I don't know dude it might be #timesup for Mehta. Our marginalized fanbase doesn't need to deal with being verbally assaulted by Mehta and his jet hating ways, we didn't consent to this shit

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

What's with all this Maroone humping? Isn't this the same Jags team, coached by Moron who lost to that shitty boiles team? Maroon beats Rex, Bolds beats Mandoon. Mangoons record against Bolles, 0-1. "You are what you're record says your are." Loser.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Marrone literally did the same thing as Belichick.

Both of them didn’t like the uncertainty surrounding a change in team ownership and they bailed out

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'll take it a step further.
    If Marrone was the coach here, we'd be in worse shape than with Bowles.

The players seem to be responding to Bowles, and played very hard competitive football this year. The way the Buffalo players hated Marrone, I think the Jet players would've ultimately quit on him once adversity hit (like Mangini, like MacAdoo).

I'm not a big fan of Bowles at all, but I am glad we didn't hire Marrone.