Is another New England Super Bowl title inevitable this season?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Dec 26, 2017.

1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

That leaves me all warm and fuzzy inside :)

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jags are coming for Brady.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

nah, the Jaguars can't beat New England.

the teams left:
    Bortles
    Keenum
    Foles

might as well give New England another Lombardi. It's already over

dogg and matt robinson 17 like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

They said the Jags couldn't beat the Steelers either. I've been saying, the Jags are running on Coughlin time. If Fournette can continue running the ball the way he did yesterday, Jags gotta get sacks on Brady. Jags defense has the potential to score. Bortles has challenged his inner Flacco.

The Jags and Vikings both have solid defenses, they can both get to Brady. I don't think you can give the Pats the Lombardi just yet.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That's total bullshit. He wasn't coming here. He's still a legend in JAX, lives there in the offseason, and runs his "J Fund" charity out of Jax as well.....Coming back to the Jags was clearly choice #1.
    If anything I wish Shad Khan bought the JETS from Woody

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I hope I'm wrong. The Steelers choked though. They weren't prepared. The coaching staff did a terrible job keeping them focused and the Jags punched them in the mouth early taking advantage. But Jacksonville isn't really that good. Brady & New England won't choke and they will be prepared. I expect a comfortable 10 point ish victory.

The Steelers and the Saints were the only teams left that were capable of beating NE and they both had epic choke jobs losing to lesser teams yesterday. Brady will mop the floor with either of those NFC teams. It's over already.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I fear you are correct, but this man would like a word with you...

[​IMG]

8. 101GangGreen101

Steelers absolutely played their game in the 2nd half, especially on offense. Jags went blow for blow with the Steelers. That's a well put together team.

The Steelers have never beaten the Pats. Brady would've did what he normally does to Pittsburgh, throw for 3 TDs and 300 yards. The Jags defense, can get to Brady and can create turnovers better then the Steelers. But we shall see though, I see an opportunistic defense in Jacksonville that can capitalize on Brady. I think its going to be a fight to the finish, hopefully Jacksonville didn't blow their wad on the Steelers.

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Minnesota is the only hope to beat the Pats.

slimjasi and playtowinthegame like this.
  10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

This is basically how I feel.

11. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

After being fired from the Giants how long was Coughlin available? Sure he has roots in Jacksonville, but money still talks. I am not suggesting making him the GM or coach, but as an advisor he would have been perfect. Who better to advise on how to beat the Pats?

12. Patriot

I think the Jags, Vikings, and Eagles are the best teams to oppose the Pats. All these teams can pressure the QB with their front 4 and play press coverage man to man.

The Pats will have their hands full with the Jags. This will be no cake walk and they probably would have preferred the Steelers.

13. Patriot

Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.' The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

14. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Yes the Pats will have their hands full with JAX as they have the horses on D to match up well against the Pats and give them fits. Pats started slow against Tenn and JAX have the team to keep that going for the whole game.

This game might come down to the simple point that the difference between Pats O v. Jax D, is greater than Pats D v. Jax O, as Bortles may not be able to score much against Pats D. Pats will likely struggle against the Jax D, but one silver lining is that the Pats D might be able to keep down the Jax O more than the other way around. If Bortles & company are able to put up some numbers it will be a long night for the Pats.

15. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

If Jax tightens up the D, punch Brady in his mouth the whole game and Bortles play the way he did vs the steelers they got this in the bag

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can really see it making a huge difference for the Jets: "okay, now you just have to make ridiculous circus catches at the end of the game and you got em right where you want em."

17. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

At least last year I had the hope of Brady perhaps retiring after the Falcons choked.

After the whole 'news' about the JG trade and his focus on the TB12 brand = eternal life..............I really can't even entertain the notion.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Another NE Super Bowl is as inevitable as the 2007 and 2011 New England Super Bowls.

NE has been to 7 straight AFCCG’s and were favored in every one I believe. Yet only have 2 Super Bowls in that stretch. They seem to get upset at this stage far more often than they win, but fans are so insecure that they think them unbeatable.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Honestly it's up in the air. The have to be the favorites tho. They are the most complete team. I still think any of these teams have the defense to beat them however.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Make no mistake about it, hes retiring in the next 3 years or less.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk