Good thing we didn’t get Marrone

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Jan 14, 2018.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It doesn't hurt that his GM knows how to find talent. Who ever heard of using such a high draft pick on a RB anyway?:rolleyes:

2. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I’m sure there were Rams fans in 2010 bitching that they passed on Rex Ryan. Didn’t Bowles beat them this year?

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Are you serious?Coaches are the ones calling the plays...one bad play call can change the outcome of a game.Its way more then just "players winning and losing games" this isn't basketball or baseball.Football is entirely different then every other sport,coaches are the ones game planning and creating schemes every week to attack each team differently.Coaches deserve more blame then the players in football

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm guilty of not wanting Marone ,with that said Jax has a better roster then we do.This is why I never liked Woody he pays way to much attention to the media and lets it influence his decisions.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Woody admittedly allowed way too much public pressure to formulate his thinking. What Marrone did with Buffalo was actually really good and if anything he was shady because of the way he handled that contract situation with the Bills.

He paid for it by not being a HC the following year, and then being hired by the Jags.

He would have been a better coach for the jets IMO, but yes the Jags are better than the Jets and that defense is no joke. They remind me of the 09 jets that had terrible QB play from Sanchez his rookie season, but a defense and a running game.

6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

That's silly. Every coach knows how to calls plays based on what he thinks the others coach is doing. Sometimes they get it right and sometimes wrong. Often a player misses a block or a tackle and blows up the call. They are all studying and preparing all week. Most times the team with the most talent wins. That's why they want high draft choices. Coaches know talent is way more important than themselves.

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

True. I wanted Bowles at the time over Marone.

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

So you think Marrone with this Jets roster would have them in the playoffs this year? If he was Jets coach you'd hate him just as much as Bowles.

FJF likes this.
  9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

That roster is loaded with talent, some home grown, some imported. But it’s interesting to see the coaching difference. The roster is pretty much the same as the one Bradley had, and he couldn’t make chicken salad. Now that Marrone is cooking, the Guars look like chicken cordon bleu.

More on topic, not even Lombardi or Landry could turn this year's Jets into winners. The cupboard is simply too bare. That they were remotely competitive, even beating these Guars, is a decent coaching job, I think. That being said, the bar is very, very low...

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Bowles beat Marrone this year for 1. Second, no one wanted Marrone after his lackluster stint in Buffalo and I know this for sure. 3. Woody is always a year too later or early. We've missed on countless coaches and GM's over the years.

11. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

It is worth being upset. The only thing that matters is results wether that comes in lots of wins or significant more than the previous season

12. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Not me bro

I like smart angry disciplinarians

13. Longsuffering88

I knew the second I saw and heard Bowles speak that he was a mercy hire of minirity Forrest Gump just to look good.

14. Longsuffering88

I politely disagree

A REAL great coach implores his DB’s to keep the play in front of them. No matter what, allow the catch but not the TD. Aka Viking game.....

They say that NE teaches (coaches) their ball handlers to NEVER stretch ball out unless it’s 4th down. The stretch is NOT worth possible TO.

That’s coaching.

That’s second and third level stuff shit

Bowles could never even comprehend this level of intelligence.

Dumb ass moron.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Longsuffering88

I Blame the person who ate the apple over the snake who tempted him with an apple.

Woody is a half wit moronic pos tool born to the wealthy, who could not manage his way out of a paper bag

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

We can change that this year!

#Barkley2018

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

How does the owner expect us to win anything when he rehires probably one of the bottom 5 HCs in the AFC :mad:

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Are we really going to cry about Bowles all off-season. I think everyone has made their feelings known. He's here for at least another year, just let it play out until the change occurs if it ever does.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Marrone going to the jags was calculated on his part. He wanted to get in somewhere with a coach in the way out. He knew what he was doing there.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

THIS X100000000000000000000000000000000 ... no one wanted Marrone here. Imagine if the Jets picked the right players in the draft? Loudmouth Rex would still be the HC.