If the Jaguars beat Pittsburgh again this week will you wake up to the truth about the NY media?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Jan 11, 2018.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OMG Idzik drafted Tag Boyd over D Carr?? Left Garropolo holding the bag...Mac seems like Einstein compared to Idzik

2. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

lol! I'm sure if we launched an in depth research project in the history of the NFL somebody somewhere, at some point MUST have had a worse draft and left more on the table. But my god that was bad.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I really don't gaf you know why?
    Winning changes everything....

Year 1&2 of Rex had NYC Green for the first time since the SE days.
    We had Playoff rallies, Time Square, Revis Island signs... How quickly we forget.

Win and none of that shit matters and allll goes away.

ftr, If the media would have done it's job, we would have had our own stadium...but that's a story for another thread.

BomberJet and FJF like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I guess you could mention when Dikta traded his entire draft for Ricky Williams.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yea but ditka actually drafted a good player.

6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Jags up 28-7!

7. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Here we go again dwelling on the past and trying to justify the reasons for failure by stupid inane media coverage. Just an exercise in utter futility. Another ghost chasing endeavor on something that can't be proven. It's like looking for something you lost in one spot, over and over and over....
    See George Carlin.......

I remember when Joe Namath predicted how the Jets would with the Superbowl and every one and his grandmother were laughing & gasping at such a statement. They shut their mouths soon after. That's what the Jets have to do going forward. Use Jacksonville as their model.

westiedog1, KurtTheJetsFan and Jets69 like this.
  8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Sounds like he just is back to being a numbers guy. A position he was fairly strong at. But I don’t think it’s as hard to hire a good accountant as having a good football evaluator.

FlaJet likes this.
  9. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I hated Idzik and always said he should have never been signed as our GM. He is very good at what he is doing now. If he was the Jags GM they would be saying the same thing as many of us did. JMHO

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I created the thread below immediately after Idzik's 2014 13 picks draft and was killed for it. Turns out I was 100% right. Enunwa turned out to be the only starter yielded out of that draft. The draft is not as hard as they make it seem.

Predict # of 2014 Starters from this Draft
    Thread by: legler82, May 10, 2014, 68 replies, in forum: Draft

11. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

To make matters worse, Enunwa isn’t even a starter on most teams and may not even start next year if Kearse is brought back. Idzik was a total train wreck

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I honestly didn't know which one it would be. I just figured at least 1 out of the 13 would pan out on luck alone. It was looking like 0-13 for a while until Enunwa started to emerge.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Come on, Br4d. Idizik had little to do with Seattle's ascendancy. He's had little or nothing to do with the draft or personnel decisions in Jacksonville.

Idzik might have been ok as Team President since he basically has been an Administrative type, but I doubt it, since word was the FO was in turmoil and a lot of people were ready to quit before Idzik was fired.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Idzik's "prove it" year was 2014 when he had all those extra picks and he screwed the pooch.

15. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

On top of being a bad GM he is now accused of beastiality, justice for idzik !

NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and Jets69 like this.
  16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Human stupidity knows no bounds.

17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Mehta owes all Jets fans a apology.

I'm supposed to take this hack seriously when he writes articles about what the Jets should do, the Jets are doing the right thing now as the coach he absolutely killed when he was rumored to be the top candidate here a few years ago has Jacksonville one win from the Super Bowl, two wins away from a championship?

I DEMAND A APOLOGY!!!!

OR I DEMAND THE NY DAILY NEWS HIRES A NEW JETS BEAT WRITER TO COVER THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*furious*

18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

There are similarities in how Marrone left Buffalo and how Belichick left here.

19. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Idzik's draft legacy: Dee Milliner, Sheldon Richardson, Geno Smith, Brian Winters, Oday Aboushi, William Campbell, Tommy Bohannon, Calvin Pryor, Jace Amaro, Dexter McDougle, Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans, Dakota Dozier, Jeremiah George, Brandon Dixon, Quincy Enunwa, IK Enemkpali, Tajh Boyd, Trevor Riley. Winters and Enunwa are players, Richardson could play but became a head case drama queen.

Frankly, you need more than two successes out of what, 19? I could have done better than that. Hell, even the guy in my avatar could have. It seems he drafted based on what he read in media. Surely we haven't forgotten the "Fire Idzik" billboards, etc? So I don't think anyone with any sense at all is defending Idzik, rather they're pointing out his incompetence was "a slice in a cut loaf."

The biggest problem is the guy who hired him obviously doesn't know anything about football either.

#60 LarryAlRalph, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    NYJetsO12 likes this.