Who had the better Year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ptflea2, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Maye will likely be the more flashy likable player at least in terms of Ints & coverage ability as well as being solid all around. Adams is very valuable in his versatility,all around play & leadership. I thought Brian Billick made the best comparison draft night in Darren Woodson. Except he's much more versatile while not quite as rangy in coverage.

Still would've rather they had gone offense with the 1st pick.

#21 KurtTheJetsFan, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2018
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

How are they an overrated stat? Adams dropped 2 sure INTs that the other team ended up converting a TD. There is really only one time where it’s sometime meaningless is when it’s 3rd and long and a deep bomb is intercepted 50 yards downfield with no return so it almost replaces a punt. In almost any other situation, they are huge for the defense. If anything, INTs are underrated....

3. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Overrated in the sense that a lot of interceptions doesn't make a player great. Like Marcus Williams for example. But I agree with you Adams has hands of stone and I expect much more in the turnover department from such a high pick

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Mahomes has thrown 35 NFL passes. The jury is still completely out on him

I would bet Mahomes never becomes anything special as an NFL qb

5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Regarding Adams dropped picks...well hey at least he was there and around the ball. Maybe next year he'll haul them in...maybe he wont. But at least he knows where he's supposed to be

6. 94Abraham

Marcus Williams is a fluke though for like a half a season? Most of the corners with high INT numbers are usually good players and of course you have the ones who never get balls thrown their way (Revis / Deion /Asomugha in their prime).

7. 94Abraham

I’m sorry but it’s not overreacting to expect the number friggin 6 pick in the draft to not have 5 dropped INTs at least. If we are talking about a lower pick, different story but he was drafted to be a playmaker as well

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

You have to take into account the positions that they played. It stands to reason Maye was better vs the pass and Adams vs the run. Adams also seemed to be more vocal in a leadership role. Of course we don't know what happens in the locker room. They both had good rookie seasons and should become a formidable duo.
    They were so similar stat wise that the drive ending tackle stat seemed the deciding metric, for me.
    Both flashed, and both had poor games. Someone mentioned that Adams was schooled by TEs but didn't mention what Kelce did to Maye .
    We won't know who is better for a couple more years, but they both seem to have bright futures ahead.