The Blue Print?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Patriot, Sep 21, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think that most HCs prefer taller WRs (I would too) is that it gives a bigger target for your QB and makes them easier to see and hit. Most CBs are 6'0" or under. Having a 6'3" (or taller" WR gives them a huge advantage, especially in jump ball situations. Too, most QBs tend to be wild high, not low, so having taller WRs means that more of those wild throws will be completions rather than incompletions, or worse, interceptions. I would think that bigger WRs also make better, more physical blockers than the smaller WRs.

2. NCJetsfan

As far as systems, as owner I'd pretty much leave that up to my President of Football Operations, GM and HC to figure out. In general, I despise the 3-4 D alignment. It's just too hard to find stud pass rushers for that system. On offense, I'm not a huge fan of the WCO. I prefer more of a downfield passing attack, but the Walsh/Montana/Young WCO of the '80s was a thing of beauty. If we could re-create that, I'd be more than happy.

boozer32 likes this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

If the Jets win a SB they should celebrate like hockey players. Each get a few days to have the Lombardi trophy in their possesion.

4. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I think it would be one of the bigger celebrations for any professional team and definitely the wildest celebration in New York sports... so fun to dream

blackssmagic and boozer32 like this.
  5. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I think Joe Namath should be the Marshall of the Parade with all the former SB members of that 1968 team. All of Times Square should be green and Rex Ryan could be the announcer. I would actually show up with my Maynard jersey which doesn't fit me any more.

blackssmagic and boozer32 like this.
  6. Patriot

There is something to be said for also short receivers. Belichick's theory is they are actually more agile in bad weather conditions.

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  7. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

The other benefit of smaller, quick receivers is that they often get lost by defenders in the traffic behind the line of scrimmage, and are targeted for short completions that turn into big gains via yards after the catch. Brady, Welker, Edelman, Amendola et al. are masters at this.

Patriot likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Yes, we've already discussed that aspect.

9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I understand you like clowns but pass on the Rex idea.

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Unfortunately MM has never grasped and likely never will understand the importance of a good OL. He believes in late round picks and other teams throw-aways as the cornerstone for his OL and that is why their offense usually is bad.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  11. Walt White

Montana and Walsh might be a good example of your points. Of course some of those teams that drafted the guys you mention prolly had a fit in mind. Not sure we've done that recently. Even McCown having stuck around so long allowed him to execute the O efficiently. It's a big thing

Whatever Mac does let's hope that is part of the long term view. Don't bring in somebody and decide to change him and complicate the damn thing.

We've seen enough brainstorms over the years that a person can take. Please don't see something that nobody else sees to show how smart you are.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  12. Walt White

Laremy Tunsil says hello

13. NCJetsfan

Tom, long time no post! I certainly can understand why you think that way, but let me ask you this...If that's true, then why did Mac try to trade up for Laremy Tunsil, and try to sign Mike Iupati and Orlando Franklin (2 of the 3 best FA OGs at the time)?

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

TRY does not count. Did he [get] any of the three? If he didn't get any of them - he's equal to [not trying at all.]

And yes. Trying to get a good QB does not count. Getting one counts. Everything has to be accomplished instantly. Yes. Instantly.

tomdeb likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's one of the things that really makes me question Macc. His decision to take Hackenberg screams "I know something you don't know!" Id he's really that smart, why aren't Jets loaded with more talent after three years?

16. Walt White

We're gonna find out. I give him a pass somewhat for '15 and '16 because I believe Woody directed that and therefor Woody's giving them a pass. He took a gamble on Hack, he tried. He'll most likely try again.

I'll wait see and enjoy the off-season and not worry about what happened. I'll wait to see what happens next. I don't wanna harp on Mac and Bowles and constantly dig for things wrong. There's good things too. If he gets lucky, or signs a Cousins, who gives a fuck anymore?

If they add a good deal of talent this off season, which is very possible, I think there's a good chance that some of the guys we have now will improve because the team will be better overall.

The makeup of the team can determine an individuals success. That's important. It's what team ball is all about, and is one of the things that's important to Bolwes. That's one of the reasons why they're both back, because you have to keep instituting the system to reap the benefits of the guys you've already added.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Not sure if you're being facetious/funny, or serious.

He can't force another team to accept a trade up if there's a player they want. Similarly, if players don't want to play on the East Coast (or perhaps for the Jets) he can't force them to. He may have offered them well above what they signed for elsewhere, but they refused it.

18. Patriot

Sorry when you get old you tend to repeat your self. I would like to see the Jets improve their offensive line first before worrying about receivers. Also getting more pass catching backs would also be a good idea. lets see how they do next year in improving their OL and QB.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

LOL It's all good. I can relate all too well! I also agree regarding the OL and RB position.

Patriot likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Your POV is pragmatic, and enables you to enjoy whatever happens, and it's not my intention to dampen your optimism or anyone else's. My POV comes from over 50 years of waiting for success with this franchise that seems cursed or snakebitten, but the truth is that they've failed because the ownership and FO/CS have not been very good. So I'm frustrated and out of patience, even though I acknowledge patience is required. Your way is surely the saner way, but if fans were logical, we wouldn't be called FANatics.