It's Official. Jets have the 6th pick in the 2018 Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Dec 31, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Just like I thought can't name even one. Comparing Adams and Maye to either is an extreme almost comical reach. Trash talking aside. I would take a productive trash talker anyday over the comatose players the Jets have. Oh wait they play hard for Bowles and we were in some close games and everyone loves Bowles. Yeah that is what we are striving for country club mentality.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I find it humerous that so many Jets fans trust the guy that drafted Petty and Hackenberg to pick the right QB near the top of round one.

Brook! and jilozzo like this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

Brook! likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

his play is irrelevant if he isn't talking shit and running his mouth, which he isn't. Adams says all the right things and was a leader of the defense. IDK why you hate the kid and have to make shit up about him

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I find it more funny they gave him shit for drafting hack, and yet loved and defended petty all year long

Walt White likes this.
  6. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I can't stop reading these draft threads, but it's driving me nuts...is it draft day yet??

Damn, I wanna see us get our fqb... It's interesting reading the other threads about the qbs, but they all have flaws...

Get it right, Mac, get it right.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You won’t have to wait till draft day for our fqb. Free agency opens March 14

Brook! and The Waterboy like this.
  8. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Yeah just sucks we have to wait till then to get McCown back in the fold

Red Menace likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

oh come on man, that's not true.
    they can re sign mccown when ever they want

Red Menace likes this.
  10. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Oh they are gonna wait till free agency so they can call it one of their big splash signings that they can plaster on Facebook and twitter

11. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

That's still two months away! :)

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's why BPA is a bad way to draft.

13. ColoradoContrails

There's a lot of who don't.

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I find it humerous that so many Jets fans trust the guy that drafted Petty and Hackenberg to pick the right QB near the top of ro
    That is the problem.

15. 101GangGreen101

Its never really about just BPA, its BPA + Need. Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams fit the mold. We still do not know how Mahomes / Watson will do. I am happy with the 2 guys we selected there.

BomberJet likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

We didn't NEED Williams...aside from QB - which admittedly there were no highly rated ones that year - we needed a pass rusher, not another interior DL. Yes, Safety was a need, but not nearly a big a need as QB, especially since we had no usable ones on the roster. I've been wrong before, and may be wrong in this case, but I'll be surprised if Adams makes as big an impact for his career as Mahomes or Watson.

17. 101GangGreen101

Williams is a pass-rusher still, just on the interior. Sheldon's future was in question. Considering this board wanted Kevin White (absolute trash), Vic Beasley (inconsistent, liability in the run game) or Erick Flowers (LOL), I am glad we took Williams. I was bonkers for Amari Cooper myself, he has had an up and down career as well.

Safety was absolutely a need considering how things went down the year before in the secondary. It was clear Adams was on the top of their BPA board, I think Mac did major research on Mahomes / Watson, but ultimately passed on them. This was the best safety class in sometime now. Gotta take advantage.

Mahomes could be great, or he could just be Jay Cutler w/out the attitude. Watson, we don't know. Can he play in bad weather? A lot of his throws could've been interceptions. I like Watson, but was very wary of him and his arm. Jets can strike now and get a QB that's all that matters. No sense in dwelling on the past and hindsight. Can only move forward.

Brook! and BomberJet like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

I hear what you're saying, and I get the not dwelling on the past, but you also need to learn from it, and the Jets don't seem to do a very good job of that.

But while Safety was a need as I agreed, they did not need tow of them more than they needed a QB. They could've taken Mahomes and then Maye. Yes, Macc decided not to, and apparently had his own good reasons, but I just don't trust his reasoning. Tough shit for me, I know, but isn't this forum a place where we can come to express out opinions and frustrations, and (sometimes) enjoyment? When I "bring up the past" it's done for the reason of supporting my POV, not "crying over spilt milk". I just hope Macc proves me wrong this time, but I won't hold my breath. So many here say "Macc just HAS to get a QB this year", but I've seen nothing from him that shows that urgency on his part. I would not be shocked if he doesn't sign big FA or draft a QB high and goes into next season with McCown, Hack, and some low round draftee or young vet he gets cheap.

19. 101GangGreen101

Oh absolutely in terms of learning, he needs to learn that you cannot judge a QB by shorts and a t-shirt (coughHackcoughcough). Let's hope Mac learned that the tape is the tape and he should be evaluating his prospects via the field and not entirely by the combine.

Adams is an excellent talent, there was no way I was leaving that first round without either Adams or Hooker, they are going to be the next Polamalu and Ed Reed. They are the type of players that help you win big games. Polamalu won a lot of games for the Steelers by just playing with his hair on fire.

BomberJet likes this.
  20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

sometimes the head of college scouting isn't the last say on the draft board. unfortunately, we have seen a few examples of that charade with the jets.