To all the haters saying nobody wants to play for this shit organization

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 4, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Claiborne
    He could garner interest from other teams. Claiborne, though, is dead set on returning to the Jets and not testing the open market in March.

“I hope to stay here. Hopefully we get something done before then,” Claiborne said this week.

“I’m happy right here,” Claiborne said. “I love everything about this organization, from the equipment staff to the training staff to the coaches. So why pack up and move somewhere else if you got everything here?”

Davis
    “I enjoy it here. It’s a great locker room. ... I enjoy this group. I enjoy my teammates. I enjoy my coaches. A great organization, I’ve got nothing but high praise for the Jets.”

ASJ
    “I want to be here, and I really love Coach Bowles,” Seferian-Jenkins said. “I really love him as a coach, as a person. He’s a great person. I love my tight end coach. I love our OC. I love my teammates. I love the ownership, and most importantly, I love the city of New York. It’s a really cool, unique place, and I would like to call it home, not just for however long I end up being here, but just for the rest of my life.”

Ealy
    Ealy wants to be back.

“Hopefully everything gets worked out upstairs and I’ll be here for the new year and training camp and keep building on this thing,” Ealy said.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

They are happy to be with the Jets because while occupying most rosters they would be in jeopardy of being cut.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yes, guys like Davis and Claiborne and Ealy who rank near the top of their positions in a lot of metrics would certainly face unemployment elsewhere... dumb.

Either way I have no doubt that players love being here. From all accounts it sounds like the atmosphere is enjoyable for the players and the vocal support of Bowles speaks volumes. I still don't know that he's the coach to take us anywhere but you can't ignore the fact that the players love him. That alone will attract free agents.

SOJAZ, egelband, Aero and 3 others like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

exactly. I think many here agree bowles needs to work on some areas for sure, but the players love him and he gets the most out of his players outside of wilk. and even then he handled the situation perfectly unlike what macaddoo did with the giants and got fired for it

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'd want to play for the Jets too! It's fun! You get paid the same as other teams, yet have no pressure or expectations. You can go (5-11) and get treated like you went (11-5). What's not to love?

Seriously though, New York is still New York. and money is still money. Players will come to the Jets (and stay) if the money is right. That is the bottom line. They are building a new foundation. Jacksonville was similar. Not attractive at all, then within a couple years they build a decent roster. The Jets are hoping to do the same and off to a good start.

boozer32, dogg, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'd like them all back except Ealy. He seems like the type to pull a Wilk after getting paid. Remember he is related to Richardson.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

He's not going to get anywhere near the money Wilkerson got. He still needs to play out another contract before he can get that big money contract. I absolutely want him back assuming we pay him market value for a solid starting DE.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yeah. It seems to be the overwhelming theme lately. Jets have a great locker room. Players like their coaches. This isn't something bad at all. But at this point I hope all of this translates into wins next season.

dogg, Walt White, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Ealy is a decent rotational player. I would not bring him back for anything more than $3.5 million max. He disappeared after mid-season. He had some nice batted passes, but only 1 sack is pretty abysmal.

grkmanga31, FJF, dogg and 3 others like this.
  10. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

That's all well and good, but none of those players are true difference makers. We don't have a single difference maker on this team. That's why we are 5-11. Let's see if we can attract truly great football players to town and KEEP them in town. Right now we're just a shit team.

11. BroadwayAaron

It's posts like this that make me ask myself why I still come to this website. Luckily logic tends to prevail.

FlaJet likes this.
  12. Mainejet

So go ahead Mr. MacCagnan.... name all those difference makers that this team has? Explain to me how 5-11 equates to excellence in football. Can't wait to see this.

boozer32, 94Abraham, FlaJet and 3 others like this.
  13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Is this the new gang green forum. Posters have to be positive or others threaten to leave? Bad enough the jets post game has been ruined by willie colon and his Bowles butt licking but now us the glass is half empty fans get ragged on because we don’t tow the company line. We will have to overpay to get a top player to come to this losing franchise. I don’t care how lovely the coach is

14. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

They all know how much cap space the Jets have, and they love it.

boozer32, dogg and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

So on any team 5-11 or worse there are 0 difference makers? By your logic, that's a true statement. Or lack of logic I should say. Like I said three of those four guys are highly rated by more than one metric and it's also obvious to anyone with eyes. That's really all the explaining you need.

Damn man it's too bad the Broncos are 5-11 because that means Von Miller and Demaryius Thomas aren't difference makers.

It has nothing to do with positive/negative and everything to do with stupid/smart. Plenty of people have made good points that aren't favorable to the Jets organization. That's a welcome addition. Posts like "we are 5-11 so no one is a difference maker" are stupid. There's the difference.

sec314 likes this.
  16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Claiborne will go to the highest bidder of his services. He's just thankful someone wanted to give him $5 million after he missed half of the his career while hanging out on Dallas' sidelines or Jerry's box. I hope he goes elsewhere. Can't rely on him.

ASJ wants to be here because we're the organization that gave him a chance after he almost completely derailed his career in Tampa, but he wasn't anything near as good as I thought he could be in 2017. Was kinda disappointed by his lack of production, but I think he's back for sure.

Ealy is probably tired of moving and fans love him because he, outside of the refs, were the only reason we won the Jacksonville game. I think he's back, but as others have said, he's a rotational player. He's not a stud in this league. He plays well for 2-3 games a year and is a JAG the rest of the time, like a lot of NFL players.

Davis, OK. Lived here for years before going to Cleveland, who wouldn't want to be here as opposed to Cleveland, but he's a good guy and a much better player since moving into David Harris' role and I'm glad he's here. I think he'll be back.

We'll see just how many high profile, intelligent, consistently good players wind up signing here come March. It's not going to be some great haul that I'm sure you're envisioning. Nor should it be.

boozer32, dogg and westiedog1 like this.
  17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The no one wants to play or coach here talk is by far the most annoying on this board. I automatically see the person saying it as a whiny bitch.

18. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I hate Ealy for that Jacksonville game... that loss would have been huge for our draft position..

grkmanga31 likes this.
  19. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I would re-sign the following brown nosers: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Demario Davis, and Morris Claiborne.

Ralebird, JetsNation06 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. Mainejet

Stop being evasive with your answers. I asked you to please name the difference makers this team has? That truly great QB or RB or DE or CB that you can build your team around.

And mentioning the Broncos only better illustrates my point. Both Miller and Thomas have proven via statistics that they are difference making players. Yet the Broncos are still a shit team themselves. That goes to show that even when you have truly great players on your team you could still be a VERY long way from being a respectable team.

boozer32 likes this.