Rosen and Darnold declared for Draft. How does this impact Jets' offseason and draft plans?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

This has to be one of the best lead ups to the draft ever. There's gonna be a QB there. WTF do they do tho?

Also, the evaluations are just starting. Things could look a whole lot different in April. They all have warts. There's no guarantees here. There's rumblings about Rosen's outlook already.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What the Jets should do: Trade up to secure whichever QB they want the most (Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield)

What the Jets will do: Re-sign McCown to a 4 year deal. Trade down from 6 to 15. Draft a DL. Then draft a safety with the pick they acquired because he was the BPA. Then draft a linebacker and a WR in the 2nd. Then reach on a QB no one has heard of in the 3rd.

NY Jets68, Cman68, Jets81 and 6 others like this.
  4. FJF

its very real that he does not.
    darnold rosen go 1-2 and picks were not for sale, colts stand pat and take barkley,allen to denver at 5 and mayfield not really worth the 6 over guys like chubb, nelson, minkah fitzpatrick.

5. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Oh I know it's a real possibility that he doesn't pick one, If that happens I'm sure myself and many other jet fans would truly give up hope. We keep picking defensive players and it keeps not making any difference. Chubb, or minkah Fitzpatrick over mayfield might incite a mutiny amongst the jets fans the likes of which the jets front office can't handle

6. Walt White

Sign Cousins and draft Chubb. Go to work

FJF likes this.
  7. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

Colts will not draft Barkley - they need to protect Luck with the best OL - can afford to move to Jets pick unless Giants pick OL

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

No LT? I would take Connor Williams and help solidify the Jets line. Chubb would be 2nd on my list. Nelson, 3rd.

However, Colts could instead of Barkley take Chubb or Nelson. Colts will be facing Watson and Chubb would be a great addition.

9. FJF

i'm not going to lie, and i have said before i like mcglinchey, i used chubb and fitz for the emotional response i knew would follow.
    it was trollish but, what can i say?

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Chubb is good but Michel is the perfect guy for this Jets team. He's a senior that should be there in rounds 3-4. He's shifty and fast and IMO the better fit and back in this new NFL. Good hands, a very good playmaker. I think if you get a Mayfield, grab a guard or tackle with the 2nd rounder, then go get Michel in the 3rd, those are some makings of building the offensive side of the ball.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

ah I should've caught that, but hey if the Jets took Chubb under the circumstances, I won't be mad.

McGlinchey is good too, but Connor Williams has drawn comparisons to Joe Thomas.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Walt White

Trade down a spot or two or three and still get Mayfield? There's four teams directly below us that don't need a QB.

If they value Mayfield as a 1st rd. talent they just about have to take him if they don't have Cousins or possibly Bridgewater. They take Chubb they better land Jackson or somebody later or it just will not fly prolly.
    I'm not sure I like that strategy tho, unless Chubb is a can't miss Von Miller type. But you're gambling now about who you can get in the later rounds.

13. W social media & the way corporate entities cave to viral persecution in the modern day that would literally be the end of the Bowles/Mac era..

6-10 once again likes this.
  14. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Well that's good , at least if you would choose a good oline men it means you have a good level of sanity, but let's get that QB first buddy and then we can dance in the hotdog and hamburger fields with the oline men in the second round!!

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  15. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Anyone thinking that Darnold or Rosen can 'drop into our laps' is insane. Four of five teams ahead of us need QB's, and the fifth's team's pick #3 likely goes to the highest bidder if one of them is actually available. If there was any doubt about the Broncos, Elway said today that improving the Broncos' QB situation is a top priority.

Realistically, if the Jets want either of these two, trading up to #1 is the only option, and I don't see the Browns doing that with Dorsey running things now. I'm assuming that even if the Giants are amenable to trading back a few spots to accumulate picks, they wouldn't deal with the Jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

I actually agree with trading down and picking a shutdown corner and an edge rusher. I love the cb from Iowa who just declared. We need to put pressure on the qb with the front 4. Cannot expect corners and safeties to cover for 3 to 4 seconds.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If any can it’s Mac.

Red Menace likes this.
  18. JetBlue

There are only four teams ahead of us, and one (Indy) doesn’t need a QB. That leaves three legit threats to draft a QB, unless you think Cleveland will draft two QB’s for good measure.

19. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

You may want to re-read my post... though I should have phrased it as four of five picks ahead of us. If Darnold or Rosen gets past #2, Indy's pick #3 goes to the highest bidder. Same situation for Cleveland's #4. Same situation for Denver's #5 if they signed Cousins.

20. JetBlue

I don’t agree that those teams are eager to trade out versus drafting a player they love in that spot.

The last Cleveland GM just got fired for stockpiling picks and passing on talented players. I doubt the new GM is going to simply continue that same practice. He needs to improve the team and immediately.

The Colts and Broncos both have immediate needs to fill; passing on a player they love to stockpile picks and trade down doesn’t necessarily help them.

I think you are being a bit more fearful than practical.

FJF, Brook! and Walt White like this.