Morton gone

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I think he showed instances but he seems to have closed up shop at times....which may mean there was more to just packing it in..
    But a couple of things...
    • It was his 1st season
    • Look at what he had to work with
    • Anderson finished just short of 1000 yds
    • Our O-line was fukin atrocious
    • McCown
    With those things alone ...I see it as a nice building block. Maybe a better QB and O-Line fixes the head scratching moments....
    It's at least worth a though.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus 10

You are definitely on to something here ..why did Bowles hire Morton ? He made sure he got a rookie so that when push came to shove e.g. Morton wanted more passing..Bowles could strong arm him not to do that. Bowles lives in the 1980s and prob thinks Woody Hayes was a genius when he said "you pass the ball 3 things can happen 2 of them bad".

Since he plays not to lose ..TB thinks 30 percent of passes will be intercepted ...maybe more with McGown

Morton is prob better than what we see...TBs hand is in this. Bowles must be horrible to work for. Toxic for everyone but they can't say

If he leaves I wish him luck with a more free styling HC like S Payton was

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I can't believe what I'm reading.

What's next we let them have Robbie Anderson too so he can reunite with Morton? What BS is this?

So we bring back the whole gang for 'stability' yet let the OC go in what's gonna be a pivotal QB draft/UFA offseason? And to the f'n Raiders?!!

Bowles will have three different OC in four years on the job that's unbelievable.

The Jets just don't get it THEY DON'T GET IT!!

This is another reason why I hate what Woody Johnson has done to my football team. He's turned the Jets into the entry level GM, HC, assistant coach job of the NFL. These people get hired they're just looking to get some experience at the same time they're looking for greener pastures. They have no loyalty to the Jets.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

All he did was call run?

With Petty turning in an awful performance where he missed open receivers on screens, he had 36 attempts to 19 carries total for our team... how is that only calling runs?

Kris 15 and legler82 like this.
  5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Yeah. A big reason why I was in favor of retaining Bowles is because I think he's started to put together a decent coaching staff. If Morton goes that puts a pretty big blemish on that idea. :mad::mad::mad:

6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

IMO, Morton is the best OC we have had in quite awhile. If they want Morton, we need compensation.

7. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Agree! The guy has been good + had to see him walk personally...

playtowinthegame likes this.
  8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Jets can get Difillipo for OC if he doesn’t get a HC job this year. I believe he was linked to Bowles at some point.

cgrec and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  9. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that, iirc the Eagles denied us permission for an OC interview last year. If we can get him I would be completely be on board however.

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

QFT. I really don't understand the logic in "letting him go to Oakland if Gruden came calling". Moving on from him doesn't help the JETS offense....

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Nothing has happened yet but if they do let Morton walk, Bowles gets to pick his guy and that seems to be DeFilippo. Now the timing is critical since DeFilippo is in the mix for several HC jobs. We could theoretically wind up with no OC to groom any newly drafted FQB. This is classic Jets management on display.

Anyone up for a Pres. of Football Ops to turn this clusterfuck around?

12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I liked his honesty. He knew the Jets sucked against the Broncos and called it like he saw it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Nobody would come here worth anything. They know its a year gig max. No offensive talent anywhere and Bowles wanting to bring 39 year old McCown. You know to get the magic back in 2018.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Gruden calls his own plays. That means Morton going there would be a demotion even. Odd decision, but Gruden is a better coach than Bowles and Carr is a better QB than anything the Jets have, so I would get the move. Maybe Morton and Bowles did not see eye to eye. For instance, Morton liked to bomb the ball down the field, where Bowles would prefer a simple dump off or draw play instead.

15. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Morton was our best OC since Shittyheimer had a good stretch in the playoffs. Of course some jets fans have ridiculous unrealistic expectations. We had a bunch of number 3 receivers and he made it work

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who doesn't understand how the Jets can lose Morton? He's under contract as OC (the same position that Oakland would want him for) so if the Jets want want to keep him (and I can't imagine they wouldn't)
    Agreed. He's under contract with the Jets. Unless compensation is involved, why would the Jets let him walk to the Raiders?

MoWilkBeast, dogg and almbleamal like this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus a Plus

This all our for sh*t owners doing

Come to the Jets..but don't stay... like Pete Carrol Lou Holtz Parcells Belichek ...get some experience and move on

The fans suffer..it's disgusting

18. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

McCown made it work, not Morton.
    It ain't like he is out there throwing passes. McCown has more NFL offensive coordinating experience than him.

19. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Legs, would love for you to back up your opinion there with actual proof. Seems to me that you’re just assuming he is getting those orders from Bowles but how do we even know for sure? Bowles strikes me as Rex-like with staying away from the offense and only focusing on what he is good at, the defense. Bowles sure as hell isnt changing any play calls mid game because they show him all game and he has the same Sphinx look where he hasn’t moved an inch in forever.

20. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Is Morton still under contract with the Jets? If so, isn't this considered tampering and thus we are entitled to draft picks because it's a lateral move and not a promotion?

Leicester Jet and dogg like this.