It's Official. Jets have the 6th pick in the 2018 Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

If he does he needs to be tar and feathered on the spot.... oh yeah and fired

NYJetsO12 and 6-10 once again like this.
  2. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Any EDGE we take would be dull

NYJetsO12 and K'OB like this.
  3. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

False. The nittany Demi god known as Saquon Barkley will make plenty happy

K'OB and tbruner12 like this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Tarred, just sayin.

I've wished it for Woody for years. Tarred and feathered and sent on a ride on the 2 train to the Bronx

Vahncase likes this.
  5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Chargers traded up for Ryan Leaf how'd that work out???
    Redskins traded up for RG III how'd that work out???

6. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

That's a step in the right direction ....at least it's an offensive player.... plenty to chear about just for that fact alone.

legler82 likes this.
  7. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

You summed up exactly what I wanted to post! Who's the #2 ranked defensive player that will "drop" to us at 6?!?!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think the Jets have a ton of options and obviously all our hopes and dreams are in the hands of whoever and whatever they have evaluating all these options. If they really think 1 guy is head and shoulders above the rest maybe they get aggressive and trade up. If they aren't too hot on any of the QB prospects maybe they try for Cousins. If they love two of the 2nd tier QB prospects maybe they just stand pat.

The thing we have to do is really hope whoever is making these decisions gets it right.

Tony Romo said something I agree with a few times during the game today. A couple of bullseye additions and this team could turn around quick. I don't think its a dumpster fire by any means.

9. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Best player in the draft by far, yes I'm extreamly biased but the kid is a great person and a god on the field just look how he handled his penn state departure

10. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I agree with that statement as well. The Jets for the most part were in a lot of games they lost this season. There were several blowouts but many games were winnable. I myself feel like this season was a throw the **** at the wall and see what sticks kind of approach. There will be a lot of new faces yet again and I think they will begin trimming the fat.... starting with Forte and Wilkerson.

11. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

He specifically mentioned EDGE and Quarterback.

12. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

OK. Let's play that game. First, what happens if the Browns say it's not for sale? They like Rosen and will not part with what they believe is a FQB. They have Kizer? What would the fans in NY do if they had Kizer and passed on a FQB because he "might" develop? If Kizer develops, they can always trade him for a draft pick down the line. Remember when Jets fans were wondering what kind of draft pick they could get if both Hack and Petty developed?

Second, they say that the pick is available. How much are you willing to pay for your FQB? Whatever it takes? Move heaven and earth? Those are 2 phrases that I have heard used when talking about trading up. Several people want the pick, so let's start the bidding at 1st this year, 2 2nds this year, 1st next year, 2nd next year and Adams. Do you do it? What is the most you pay?

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Lets move down 10 spots and get Sam Darnald in the middle of the fist round. It may be a bit early for the pic, but lets do it!

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I wouldn't bet on the Giants or Broncos taking a QB. Giants are apparently high on Webb, and Barkley would be the best back they've had in years. The Broncos just spent a #1 on Lynch in 2016. You think they're giving up on him already? I'm not sure about that. I wouldn't be surprised at all if neither team drafts a QB.

Also -- it's not crazy to imagine the Giants trading Eli to Denver.

#134 truthbtold, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well three as they got two back and they only gave up one additional first rounder.

The details:

The Eagles get: The No. 2 pick in 2016 and a 2017 fourth-round pick.

The Browns get: The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Play petty or hack and not give a 38yo qb a career season and then see if we could have beaten the browns or giants lol

Brook! likes this.
  17. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I'd give that up in a heartbeat for Rosen or darnold

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. DogWarZ

DogWarZ Active Member

Best QB has already been drafted. His name is Jimmy garrapolo. For the 40th overall by the niners

19. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

The browns weren’t convince what is the real deal
    Many experts believe Carson Wentz was the real deal!!... the browns GM at the time who past on him said Wentz wouldn’t be a top 20 QB?? Before he got hurt in just his second year was the favorite to win MVP of the league!!... the browns NOW have a new GM ...if our GM past on one of the big 3 QBs coming out and they turn out to be ... Ben Roethlisberger Eli Manning or Philip rivers ....how do you think that’s going to play out here???with this fan base??.... I remember a guy we passed on his name was Dan Marino ever heard of him ?? ...... I was NEVER sold on RG3 he was to small ....Leaf was a head case and everyone knew it!!!.... geno Smith has talent... but shit for brains .... let’s wait for the Scouting combine see how they mentally rate and go from there..... I’m hearing very good things about josh Allen mentally make up....he’s the one!!!

#139 jetstopgun, Jan 1, 2018
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Mayfield is the guy we should be targeting and I'm not sure we are going to need to move up to get him... the kid is dead accurate and can use his legs to extend drives.

We absolutely need to be smart about the use of our picks and $ this off season...we can't just go on a spending spree like drunken sailors.
    Draft Mayfield, resign McCown to a 1 year deal for $8-10m and let the guy mentor Mayfield going forward (Petty gets cut and Hack gets another year).

We need to come out of this draft-FA period with our QB of the future and O-line help, PERIOD.

#140 Jersey Joe 67, Jan 1, 2018
    jetstopgun and nicg4360 like this.