Week 17 : Jets (5-10) @ Pats (12-3)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 26, 2017.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Newley signed James Harrison will beat up Petty and force Hack into the game.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I'll approach this on my usual way. Cheer the Jets on during the game, and when we lose get over it quick as I remember we've improved our draft position. A shame, but that's the reality (for me, at least).

FJF likes this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Would any of you draft Blake Bortles that high? Essentially, that's who he is. Remember Bortles went 3rd overall.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

to watch or not to watch, that is the question. Sunday is new years eve, I am trying to get drunk damnit

grkmanga31 likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Then by all means, watch the game! :)

6. Cman68

As long as we LOSE THE F'N GAME, I'm good with whatever happens. The last thing we need is for Petty to suddenly discover how to play NFL QB and blow up our tenuous draft position.

The last thing we need is meaningless win #6 even if it is against the Patriots. I don't GAF who its against. We need 5-11 more than we need 6-10. Our day will come against the Patriots but not this next game.

Think Big Picture. Think Long Term. Think beyond 2017..

#26 Cman68, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

All I want to see is the Jets hit brady on every play.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I don’t think this will be a rout purely because Brady will get benched with a 2 TD lead or less. Let’s face it, we are not going to be marching down the field at will.

What happens to the strength of schedule tie-breaker if Jets and 49ers lose? Do we get leapfrogged at the finish?

9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I'm with you Cman60. I want a loss, but I would love to punish Brady with a few monster flag worthy hits.

Cman68 likes this.
  10. Cman68

I hope Brady gets lit up more than a few times. Let the Refs throw all the flags they want since for the most part they're employees of the Patriots anyway.

11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

See, that's the reason to watch the game and that's the thing to root for. One perfectly clean hit after another next week so Baltimore or KC has a shot to take them down two weeks later.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The 2016 game was 41-3 Patriots and I am pretty sure the 3 came when the Jets were down big and Bowles just wanted to avoid the shut out. I want Bowles fired, but the Johnson family really should tell him to compete in this game. Another 41-3ish game should result in him being fired. If the Jets keep it close with Petty/Hack, that would be impressive and show growth. I don't see it happening though.

13. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You were making 100% logical sense up to this point. Whether the Patriots win the SB should not matter in the long run. I hate to say this, but the Jets should simply tank the game for a better draft spot. Who should be the 3rd QB selected in the draft and at what spot is my dumb question. Otherwise if the Giants are willing to trade the 2nd pick, the Jets should be careful not to offer to much also for this pick.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Play Hack is all I have to say. Is this guy not gonna see a NFL game...ever?

Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus 1 Million stat

Few posters on TGG are capable of seeing any any short term strategy or how wins like KC recently do more harm than good..they are fans with blind faith that resent posters like us

That's another reason why I may call it quits after 49 years as a fan...there is a lot of infighting here and in my experience insults thrown at you when you have a point

I enjoy the discussions but the aggravation and negativity ain't so great

playtowinthegame likes this.
  16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I rooted for wins for 14 weeks. I had no interest last week, I showed up to tailgate with friends one final time and left at halftime, and I have even less interest this week. I'll watch the game of course, because it's the last time we'll get to see the Jets on the field until August, but I don't care what happens on the field. I'd rather we lose. Increases the chances of getting rid of Bowles, although I think we'll be stuck with him for another miserable year, and helps our draft stock.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

hack should play. Petty had his chance and sucked. its a meaningless game to close out the season. there isn't a better time to sneak in NFL experience than now. play hackenberg

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Amen to that! Nothing to lose and everything to gain playing Hack. So many dominoes can fall the right way by playing Hack. I want the Johnson's to open their eyes and see Hackenberg play, the guy Mac burned the 51st pick in the 2016 Draft for. Either he proves me wrong and kicks ass, or proves me right and gets Mac and Bowles a pink slip, and the Jets a higher draft pick. All or nothing. It's time to put up or shut up. Mac needs to shove his chips to the center of the table, and Todd needs to grow a pair of balls...quit coachin afraid to lose. I have had enough of these scared cowards!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Anderson needs 61 yards to get 1000 yards receiving, putting Hack out there would mean Anderson doesn't meet that mark. Hack in the preseason, just took sack after sack. Petty MIGHT get him the ball.

I mean can't we be happy about someone on this team?

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

giving a young quarterback in game experience should be of a MUCH higher value for a franchise than anyone's season stats

NYJetsO12 and playtowinthegame like this.