Josh Allen 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Sep 2, 2017.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

AHAHAHAHAHA

Its nice to dream..isnt it??

What is J allen fell through some crack to round 3 or 4,,then maybe it could happen...prob would make nfl and nyjets draft history hah

yes ..this is a bit far fetched on my part oh well

Between B Mayfield and this guy who stock is rising will be interesting off season

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Full disclosure, I don't like Mayfield at all. However, objectively speaking Allen will look a lot better in shorts than Mayfield. Not to mention, he comes from a pro-style offense so his chalk board knowledge should be more further ahead than Mayfield.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The big 3 was always Darnold, Rosen and Allen.
    That hasn't changed, and it wouldn't surprise me if Allen went in the top 5 picks. His potential is better than Darnold or Rosen imo, who are overrated.

Mayfield is the guy that's rising, although I think his physical limits will ultimately limit how he goes in the draft.
    He also played Big 12 which doesn't really play defense.

FJF likes this.
  4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Allen is garbage. He is a poor man’s Paxton Lynch.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

Reminds me of Roethlisberger on that play, just the way he stepped up in the pocket and launched it into a tight space..
    really nice play. crazy arm strength.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't know if your being sarcastic or honest, while I don't think he's that bad, I believe he's overrated, he has the arm, his footwork is clean, but he's a one read QB at this point.

I watched video of him and he stares down the primary receiver, he can get away with that in college but that will be a difficult habit to break and it could hurt him at the next level.

7. Martin&theJETS

Being absolutely serious. He was almost a lock 1st rounder before the season. He then proceeds to throw for 13 TDs total and miss 4 games.

He looks like a mid round flyer to me. The kid was talked about as a top 10 pick. He fucked that up and looked like a 3rd rounder at best.

He will be overdrafted based on potential. I’m severely unimpressed!

#67 Martin&theJETS, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Red Menace likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This might be one of the more talented Senior Bowl Rosters in sometime. Can't wait to see those 2 compete. I am not a huge fan of either Allen or Mayfield either.

Red Menace likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He has the best arm in this class, quicker release then Wentz as well. He checks all of the boxes in terms of skill-sets. He had a great outing yesterday, but IDK if 1 great game overlooks an entire season of bad play from Allen. I know the talent around him is bad, its just something that shouldn't be overlooked.

He makes me very nervous in terms of where he will be drafted.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He has a howitzer

11. Martin&theJETS

He completed 11 passes in his bowl game... then proceeds to declare for the NFL draft.

I would be willing to bet there has never been a QB worth a single damn in the last 30 years that went 11 of 19 for 154 in their last college game.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Stats without context. Looks like they jumped all over central Michigan and then called the dogs off.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  13. Martin&theJETS

It still doesn’t matter. That is a middle school stat line.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Um yea, context does matter. Raw numbers don’t tell whole story

KurtTheJetsFan and BacktoQueens like this.
  15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'll be able to follow this team until Maccagnan is fired if he drafts Christian Hackenberg again.

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  16. BacktoQueens

I would be willing to bet you did not watch the game, and you are searching for stats to support your opinion.

He looked really good.
    Threw for 3 TDs and no picks (which you left out of your stats), and then started running much more with the lead. He was game MVP. Had a really strong showing.

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Go big or go home, no prospect in the entire draft that applies to more than Allen. This might be the kid we can realistically move up for, could see it coming down to Jets vs Broncos for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Martin&theJETS

Sure, a lot of the times they matter. Drops, penalties, etc. But, sometimes they are just excuses.

56% career passer. 13 passing TDs in his final year. 11 completetions in his last college game. Those are all facts. Throw in whatever context you want, but those are massive red flags to anyone with some common sense.

#78 Martin&theJETS, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  19. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

This is coming off as kind of ignorant. 56% career passer, sure. Marino was a 57% career passer in college, 59% in the NFL. In his final collegiate season he threw 17 TDs to 23 picks including the Cotton Bowl where Marino was 19/37, 51% with 1 TD. Let's compare that to Josh Allen.

Final season:
    2432 YDs, 17 TD, 23 INT, 6.4 YDs/A, 221/378 58.5% in 12 games
    1658 YDs, 16 TD, 6 INT, 6.6 YDs/A, 141/251 56.2% in 11 games

Final game:
    181 YDs, 1 TD, 0 INT, 4.8 YDs/A, 19/37 51.3%
    154 YDs, 3 TD, 0 INT, 8.1 YDs/A, 11/19 57.9%

Which would you rather draft? Take into note that one of these players plays at Wyoming and lost their leading rusher and three leading receivers from the year before at a school that gets poor recruitment.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying Josh Allen is the next Dan Marino, but you can have a poor season and still be a good prospect. If you want to compare their best seasons we could do that as well. Statistics don't tell the whole story is really what I'm getting at.

Now you could say the times have changed and the game back in the 80s isn't the same as the game now. Sometimes those things matter, but sometimes they are just excuses.

Brook!, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  20. Martin&theJETS

I appreciate the Marino reference for the final game. To me, it is just atrocious and I could not imagine any QB having a similar stat line in his final game. Turns out Marino did.

However, Hackenberg was also a 56% career passer. This kid just screams “project.” I just do not see the hype. Sure, he has a canon. But, so did Hack. There are too many red flags with the kid.

Allen has only completed more than 20 passes in a single game twice. Allen has only surpassed 300 yards twice (against the likes of UNLV and Gardner-Webb).

Allen would be a typical Jets pick and the kid would turn out to be absolutely worthless. He could be good, just not on the Jets. I’m not sure where he will be drafted. Depends how desperate a team is.