2018 1st Rd Jets Selection

Discussion in 'Draft' started by nevbeats319, Oct 2, 2017.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

please tell me where i wrote WHAT I THINK THEY SHOULD DO.

2. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

He also had four 1st round picks.

The Jets could go defense with the first pick, as long as they address the offense in free agency. If they can sign Cousins and an offensive lineman, people won't complain if they go defense.

However, it would be ridiculous to not sign a QB and then not draft one in the 1st round either.

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Lots of fans seem to think that a QB is the final piece of our SB puzzle when the reality is that some kid kicked the table leaving the pieces scattered across the floor.

4. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Let me say this, i want a QB. I want one of the top draft prospect QB's, but the Jets are not in good postion right now to get one. We dont know what QB's come out early. Right now, the Browns and Giants holde the top two picks and there is no way either team will trade the pick. There might not be a QB worth taking when the Jets pick at lets say 8-10. I seriously could see them picking Veta Vea or someone like that................ughh

Red Menace likes this.
  5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Almost makes up for passing on Manning in 97... o_O

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Manning passed on the Jets and stayed in School. The big mistake was trading out of #1 and not taking Orlando Pace.

FJF likes this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

Manning stayed in school because Parcels wouldn't guarantee him that he would select him with the first pick.
    Here's a Quote from Archie Manning
    "I was calling on behalf of Peyton, who wanted assurances from Parcells he would take him if he came out. He wanted to play for Parcells, he wanted to play for the Jets, he wanted to play in New York, but he didn’t want to declare for the draft and then be concerned that Parcells would trade the pick.
    Peyton wanted me to call Bill "Archie said.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Parcells did the right thing. Players should not dictate what teams can do on draft day.

The tail does not wag the dog.

tbruner12 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Making the first trade down that Parcells made and taking Walter Jones wouldn't have been too shabby, either. Both will be or already are HOF LTs. But of course, Parcells took neither.

10. TonyFtLaud

He wasn't trying to dictate what the Jets did. He wanted to know if Parcels would draft him or not. Parcels wouldn't commit , so he went back to school. Nothing wrong with that.
    But for a QB starved franchise, having Manning would have been nice.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Apparently we don't. Sapp, Sapp, Sapp.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The hell he did! Parcells was just being Parcells, i.e., an arrogant asshole! In that 1997 draft, he not only cost us one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game and a sure-fire HOFer, he cost us a shot at two HOF LTs, and took a mediocre OLB/DE over a HOF TE.

13. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I dont mind drafting defense since we have a ton of holes. That said it needs to be a premium position like DE (pass rusher) or CB. Mac blew his first 3 picks on players on low value positions that dont make a difference in todays NFL.

14. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

If we draft defense I’m going to be so pissed off. Offense wins in this league in the regular season. Do you guys watch the NFL at all? Who is the face of our franchise - nobody! We don’t have one player on our roster that a casual fan can even name! That is beyond pathetic. We have a coach who keeps drafting D with high picks and we’re not even a top 15 D. I would draft offensive skill positions high and offensive line with other picks. Trade high picks for a QB - we know ost picks don’t do anything - there is proof of that.. Use free agency for D and another o lineman. If there is one side of the ball you can be good at and win it’s offense. Get rid of this coach if he doesn’t like it. Build an explosive offense tailored to the QB we pick - not a vet - OUR QB. The Jets were the most fun to watch with Ken O’Brien throwing to Walker and Toon. They also were in the playoffs and had chances to make the Super Bowl.

15. TonyFtLaud

How are you going to trade away your high picks for a QB( likely our first ,2 seconds and third this year ) plus next year's first plus,
    Then draft skill positions high( 4th and 5th round)?
    O line 6th and 7th?
    This isn't draft game. You don't get to trade up for a QB, take skill positions high, and draft quality O line prospects.
    If you go all in on a QB , that's your draft. You have the late rounds for depth and if lucky you will find an eventual starter.

Red Menace, FJF and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Not really a great thread to put this in...but Bryce Love just had an amazing run on the TCU who are giving up less than 3 Ypc

Would def like to see the Jets target him in rd 2.

tbruner12 likes this.
  17. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Parcells should be a god to all JET fans. He did more for the JETS, hell NY as a whole than any football person. He didn't draft bad.he didn't put us in cap hell. He pushed all the numbers to the brink like all good teams do. If you have big money left, or big money in the hole, you fucked up. Living in the draft is a crap shoot, Parcells wasn't stupid enough to be caught in the world of make believe...... The draft. We shouldn't either. It's a gamble, there is no future in a gamble. Bow to coach Parcells for teaching you that.

18. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Offense in NY?
    You must be joking!
    What QB you wanna build around?
    Please explain the pick, and then all the picks surrounding that pick to compliment it.
    I see multiple posters saying offense, blah, blah, blah.
    We had a decent offense with no line and no run game this season and all everyone says is draft a QB, Trade up, blah, blah.
    A QB isn't the answer.
    If we had McCown or Fitz in 09-10 we probably win or atleast play in a pair of superbowls. Instead we had a shit QB that we traded up to get in the top 5 in the draft.
    The Nacho pick set us back till now.
    Most people are blinded by the Tom Brady Effect, and don't really understand what causes it all.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So what ..I say spin the wheel...we should go all in on a FQB its and about time we stop worrying about it

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Rex did more with the Jets than Parcells did.