I think Todd Bowles lost his job yesterday-who replaces him?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

It's past time to clean house. That includes Bowles, Kacy Rogers and who ever is the QB coach.

abc likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Why is your avatar the Giants next QB? ;)

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  3. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

The great thing about the title of this post is that it could apply to any day.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

How poor Bowles defenses have been boggles the mind. Say what you want about Rex, but his defenses average in the top five in his 6 years here. He at least showed he was capable of coaching his own side of the ball. Not sure what Bowles is good at. Not showing emotion?

5. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I'm still rooting for Jim Schwartz.

He's had HC experience. I know he's a defense guy BUT he's clearly shown he's actually pretty damn good at it and I wouldn't be opposed to picking D with our #1 pick if its a Joey Bosa, Khallil type guy and we go cousiins or similar in FA.

6. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Bill O'Brien may be on the way out... if he is I think Mac will make a play for him.

JethroTull likes this.
  7. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

tbh I don't think Bowles is going anywhere. The young guys seem bought in to what he's trying to do and are expressing their desire for TB.

I like how the young defense runs his schemes and it will only improve over time.. If we had a QB to capitalize and keep the D off the field some we could be something sooner than later IMO.

8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lmao wow I was at the game and it felt ages ago .. that's crazy

9. Beki

Beki Active Member

Guys, 2 things here:

1. There are only 2 matches back from this season and the number of news about firing of Bowles (or Macc) is 0, ZERO. So, I think we can say, no one will be fired.
    2. If Bowles fired, Macc will NOT make any play for any HC candidate. The only one who will decide here is Woody.

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

If we hire BOB I think he keeps Hackenberg and signs a vet. But Houston cannot let him walk.

11. legler82

Schrager's Ones To Watch Jets Offensive Coordinator John Morton | GMFB

boozer32 likes this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Schrager ? Really?
    Seems like only last season he said the Bengals would win the Superbowl, Cousins would lead the league in passing ,Carson Palmer would win the league MVP, and Buffalo would not only make the playoffs,but seriously contend with NE as the best team in the AFC.
    I won't mention his prediction that Osweiler would be an absolute stud in Houston, have a probowl year and be worth every penny.
    But at least you weren't posting content from Mheta.....

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Actually there was a mock yesterday I saw with the Jets taking him at 7!

Its a long shot I know but he might drop because of his concussion issues...I bet he has more reported because his parents are MDs, are ultra cautious, and they know Post Concussion Syndrome can eventually kill you. Cant really blame them for being smart...I would do the same for my kid

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Then why let him play at all? He won't drop, nobody in the NFL cares.And the Jets won't get a good QB unless they do whatever it takes to move up and our GM doesn't have the balls to do what it takes, or the knowledge to get it done even if he did.

15. legler82

Sounds like his predictions are hot trash. Only thing is this is more about a buzz he is hearing around the league than a prediction. BTW this whole Donald Trump school of bashing reporters when they don't write stories that support your narrative is lame. I have no idea how expansive or limited Shrager's inside info is but I do know that he is closer to NFL than you and I. For that, the story gets some merit from me. Plus, if some Jets fans can see Morton has done a good job considering the talent level, it's not out of the realm of reality that there are front office people out there who noticed too. Tie that in with the quantity of quality of head coaches he has served successfully under, I wouldn't be surprised if he got some interviews. It's not unprecedented for positional coaches to land head coaching jobs. So his limited sample size as coordinator is not as much of a deterrent as some might think.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good points

First off totally agree it's now or never for this FO to get one of the big 3 QBs or Alen...yes they must move up

Secondly let me say that most parents are usually torn/concerned about their kids playing and they don't have to be in med field to understand that the sport is brutal and can hurt you...

Josh is so talented and that you can't waste that in this lifetime...so you strike some balance

Don't think twice that Rosen has an Agent and bunch of advisors right now..for example what organization is going to take care of you in terms of personnel, best contract, money etc. He needs the best OL to protect him and a good RB. So like I have posted before most guy s on TGG think its draft a kid and done...well not so fast. The kid has already indicated he would prefer to avoid Cleveland...this is similar to the Eli situation where he said no to SD and yes to NYG because the Manning knew who runs things better

So again ...it's moving up to get him plus making it a GREAT sell too: e.g. New HC and a VP of Football for Jets...the Johnsons tell Rosen family they will do all they can to make him our FQB and King of NY ....ahaha

boozer32 and grkmanga31 like this.
  17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I still like the idea of promoting both the offensive coordinator (new head coach) and offensive line coach (new offensive coordinator) from the Steelers. They have worked together before and we will finally have some people in charge that know how to run an offense (and hopefully the clock as well).

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

So what I got out of that is Morton is competent in his job and getting his players going in the right direction. Bowles and Rodgers are a bunch of imbeciles. Yeah that is about right. If the these defensive guys and a heavily drafted defensive unti could stop someone/anyone the Jets would have had a winning season.

19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Poor Cleveland no one wants to go there. Even a guy that died left directions that he wanted the Cleveland Browns to be his pallbearers Just so they can let him down one last time.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

What does this have to do with Trump? Schrager is a clown. He has as much credibility as Mheta. He was a fantasy football guy who sucked at it , now he is the guy his co-host laugh at.
    Sure Morton could get some interviews, could even get hired. He's still not likely ready. Has still struggled to call plays in a timely manner. It doesn't change my opinion and I seriously doubt that anything Schrager says has changed the opinions of anyone else you quoted in your post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.