fill in the blank

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FJF, Dec 16, 2017.

?

I am quitting the jets if

1. Bowles is not fired

4.5%
  2. They do not draft a qb rd 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. They draft defense rd 1

11.4%
  4. Mccown is next years starting qb

2.3%
  5. Never

70.5%
  6. Other

11.4%
  1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Let’s hear it in one thread so we know who is leaving in 4 weeks.
    Votes are public.

2. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I will always be a fan. It's a sickness at this point. However, if the Jets finish 5-11 in an ugly fashion, give Bowles an extension, and then don't pick a QB with their first round pick them I will seriously consider cancelling the NFL Ticket.

3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think I've already given up. I watched like a game and a half this year. I'm just not interested; I know we suck and I know we're not going to be a championship contender until we have a star QB. And we make zero effort to acquire a star QB.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I will never stop being a jets fan, but I will follow from afar.

Just like when they went 1-15 under Kotite, I knew the season was a disaster so I didn't watch the games, but it did not stop me from being a fan.

boozer32, NYJalltheway and Cman68 like this.
  5. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Where is the If Bowles is fired and the Jets don't make a run at Kirk Cousin this off-season will you still be a fan of the New York Jets poll? :mad:

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I've been through many dark days as a Jets fan so it's going to take more then TB being retained to turn me off to the franchise, but I'd certainly be disappointed...after that Denver game I'd have left him behind to find his own way home.

Red Menace and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Unhappyjetsfan

Kirk Cousins is Neil O'Donnell ... he looks swell because he's 100x better than what we've had (which is historically a bottom 3 QB situation in the league), but once he's on the team, you'd immediately realize we're not getting anywhere close to a championship with him (just like the Redskins).

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You tried to confuse me but I think I got it right.

Are you giving up if Bowles is retained? No
    If Bowles is not fired will you still be a fan of the New York Jets? Yes

Of all the stupid moves by Jets management keeping Bowles is not even top 10, no reason take off, eh.

Aero likes this.
  9. The Waterboy

I got lucky during the Kotite disaster, my youngest was just born so didn't have much time for football that season.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Been a fan too many years to let one more dumb decision by the front office scare me off. I'll be happy to see him go. I don't think Morton is ready to take over, but I want the next head coach to be an Offensive minded person. We've had too many D head coaches and that affects the draft.

11. The Waterboy

You really think the Redskins not doing anything is on Cousins? It has nothing to do with Washington being bottom of the league in D the last 3 years? Bottom 10 in rushing offense the last 3 years?
    Cousins has been top 10 in passing yards and (ESPN's) QB rate the last 3 years. If the Jets aren't going to get a top QB in the draft I am more than fine with Cousins.

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Of course Bowles will be retained, he didn't exactly have a kings ransom to work with, McCown paid dividends, this team was supposed to win 0 games and most realistic fans understood that, and the team is doing a complete rebuild, outside of at QB, 2 young guys at that position are terrible, a 5-11 season was a huge success for Bowles, next season if Mac can't land a good QB that can be serviceable, than he should be canned

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I would simply move just a bit further away from the team. I follow them at the moment with more skepticism than faith as it is. Keeping Bowles around would just fortify my opinion of Jet Management as just this side of amatuers. For every step forward, the FO/CS finds a way to take a step back. I would say its near 100% that Bowles will return simply because of the ridiculously low criteria Chris Johnson set at the start of the season for retention. They provided Bowles the easiest path to retention possible without outright extending him. If they retain him but don't extend him, that would help me have a bit more faith in the Ownership. Not holding my breath and in fact, I haven't held my breath when it comes to the Jets in decades.

14. Unhappyjetsfan

I think the reason the Redskins will never sniff a Super Bowl with Cousins at QB is because Cousins is not a Super Bowl caliber QB.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You don't quit on your team, not much of a fan if you do imo but then I don't go to the games.

westiedog1 and Peebag like this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I won't quit if they retain Bowles...yet. But if Macc screws up the FA/Draft again, then I'll likely say goodbye. I've been "Charlie Brown" to their "Lucy" too many years, sooner or later "Charlie" has to get smart.

17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Ha! Vote fooled me when I first read it.

I'll be 44 in a few days. I've been a Jets fan as long as I can remember. Literally when I was old enough for my dad to stick me in front of a television set and try to explain the game to me. I'll never give up being a fan although God knows I wanted too many times. Sadly, I am thoroughly convinced I will never see them win a championship in my lifetime. At this point, I'm convinced I'll never even see them play in the Super Bowl. They are just a bad organization from the top down. I'll always root for them and watch them but it's more out of habit at this point than one filled with hope. Hard to believe next season will be most likely be eight consecutive years without making the playoffs. That's a really long time. Very frustrating.

I expect they will extend Bowles for three seasons because he looks mostly incompetent when it comes to clock management halftime adjustments and the ability to get the team ready to play on the road. SOJ

18. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read the thread title and voted no... only to realize the poll's proper answer is yes.

19. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

What the fuck is this dramatic & depressing thread? No we are not giving up just hoping one day something good happens to us for a change. Go be a pats fan the ride is to tough for you

20. The Waterboy

Pretty sure he started the thread in response to a multitude of posters exclaiming they are done if Bowles isn't fired or the Jets don't draft a QB round 1 or the Jets don't trade every pick for the next 5 years to move up to the #1 pick

Just nice to have it on record so those posters can be mocked when they show up next season

FJF, Leicester Jet and HomeoftheJets like this.