I think Todd Bowles lost his job yesterday-who replaces him?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Seeing as we have only had 2 good coaches in franchise history, Weeb and Walt Michaels, Vince Lombardi would come here and fail

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

CHAMP69 for HC of the NYJs to win the VLT!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

NY Jets68, FJF, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Actually, the more important question is this. Do you believe Jets ownership will make the right call regarding the HC and GM?

boozer32 likes this.
  4. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I want Jim Harbaugh to be the next head coach of the Jets. If I can't get him, I would go for Josh McDaniels. Bottom line I want to be entertained. Please no more zombies for head coach.

5. playtowinthegame

Should Jets ownership force another year of Mac and Bowles on Jets fans after a 5-11 season, then they better be prepared for an even more apathetic Jets fan base heading into next season. They'll be seeing a continued increase in the pressence of opposing fans at MetLife sans a miraculous turnaround. Is the risk of bring back both Mac and Bowles worth the reward? No. Keeping them is delaying the inevitable.

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If drafting a QB bring in LaFleur or DeFillipo, the offense would be similar to what the Jets are running now so that would be a plus

almbleamal and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well shit, why don't you just ask Rex Ryan to come back? You love the circus, lets bring it back!

boozer32 and FJF like this.
  8. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I heard on Fox earlier this season that Jim Harbaugh COULD be pried away from Michigan. If that's the case (I don't believe it was anything more than speculation), I offer to move heaven and earth to get him in NY.

My second candidate among experienced HC's would Todd Haley. Something tells me he learned from his first opportunity.

If we're looking at coordinators, I want MIKE WESTHOFF. I'm tired of constantly wondering how good of a HC he could be? He's a LEGEND when it comes to ST. There's too much resume there to deny.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. playtowinthegame

Passion and winning is what I want out of the Jets head coach. Bowles offers neither. Hell Bowles defenses even suck, and that's his expertise. Smh

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Passion and winning can be expressed in a number of ways. Belichick acts the same way, he keeps a calm demeanor on the sidelines.

thedrjay and Red Menace like this.
  11. playtowinthegame

If Bowles were a good game manager and made good adjustments during the season, then of course I would be ok with a calm demeanor. Bottom line is I want the Jets to win and get back to the playoffs. I don't see that happening anytime soon with this current regime of Mac and Bowles. The Jets are a mess, but hey we got cap space! :mad:

P.S. Demeanor is the ONLY thing Belichick and Bowles have in common. Bowles does an excellent job of "expressing" how to lose and make poor in game decisions.

#211 playtowinthegame, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    boozer32 likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are saying 50 years of failing doesn't give a fan much optimism? :eek:

Hopefully the next Head Coach changes that. We know Bowles isn't! :mad:

boozer32 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  13. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

A offensive minded coach who only believes in scoring and doing what it takes to attempt to score and not be pleased with the offense not making a mistake.
    If it is a defensive minded coach AGAIN I can live with it as long as he has a coordinator on offense who is always trying to think of some way to make offense happen.
    Perfect example on Monday night Brady and Belichek struggled all night to get something steady going, they couldn’t get the offense to click, they didn’t go into a Herm, Rex, Todd, shell they kept going after it, didn’t sit there and pray for no mistakes keep taking shots downfield.

14. Conservative defensive coaches are all fine & well w. aggressive offense until the offense has a mistake ridden game.OR.. weather conditions..OR..we're getting the ball to start the 2nd half..or..they don't trust the QB behind center..or like Sunday the coach quits on the given game..

It's like they're always looking for a reason to crawl back into their shell. It's not a good spot to put your offensive players or coaching staff in. Offensive players need to play loose & stay aggressive while never forgetting how important ball security & minimizing mistakes are. They are paid to put up points. Period. Somehow down the line alot of defensive coaches forget this. They'd rather "keep things close"..you keep things too close you end up in a straight jacket.

ColoradoContrails and tbruner12 like this.
  15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

How about someone who knows how to use a fucking timeout properly?

16. thedrjay

thedrjay Active Member

Go back since I've been a Jets fan to Coslet, it seems there has always been a preference for a defensive minded head coach. I'm going with Haley. He was a head coach previously and isn't a failed Belicheat disciple. He's had a surplus of talent in Pitt but has created a system that ranks in the top 10 in offense on a yearly basis.

17. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

DeFilippo/Reich would be interesting candidates.
    I'm not sure about Shurmur or Haley but I do want an offensive mind.
    Also do we bring back McCown for a coaching role (QB coach?)

As of right now, I'd want DeFilippo.

Don't think Harbaugh would leave Michigan but who knows.

18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I think with Tony Sparano and some clever wildcat plays, we could bring home the VLT next season.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The following post was from a thread several months ago where Bowles firing was discussed.

Other possible candidates could include Mike McCarthy, Bill Musgrave, Bruce Arians, Todd Haley, and Mike McCoy.

It will be interesting to see whether O'Brien and McCarthy get fired, but if either or both are, then the Jets should have whoever is available brought in and they should be at the top of the list. I think that McCoy was hired and fired within this season, so he's probably not a consideration. I have liked Arians a lot in the past, but I'm not sure of the job he has done this year or last with the Cardinals. OC may be his top level. Todd Haley would also get strong consideration.

I don't think that Jason Garrett, Jim Harbaugh, Kyle Shanahan, Sean Payton, Andy Reid, Adam Gase, or Doug Pederson will be available. If any of them are, they should be on the short list as well.

I think you mean Dirk Koetter, and if so, he's awful, he hasn't helped Winston in TB, so I wouldn't consider him. Similarly, I wouldn't consider Ben McAdoo, Hue Jackson, or Jim Caldwell.

If none of those offensive coaches with HC experience is available, then I think Jim Bob Cooter, Bill Musgrave, Mike Shula and Ken Zampese should be on the short list.

If none of those guys are available, I'd hope that the Jets would scour the ranks of NFL OCs and QB Coaches to see if any of them are worthy. If so, interview them. They also should look at the collegiate ranks at HCs who have had great success with QBs and OCs who have had strong offenses year in and year out and done a good job with their QBs. I'd prefer not to hire yet another rookie HC, but imo a rookie offensive HC would be preferable over an experienced defensive HC, unless it was someone who was very, VERY good.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Does anybody know why Harbaugh has been underwhelming in Michigan the past 2 years? I don’t follow College Football so some insight would be appreciated.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.