If Jets finish season with 4 consecutive losses

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Dec 11, 2017.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

For a team that wasn't expected to do that, yes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

While they've been more interesting to watch overall than I expected this year, I wouldnt call 5-11 a "gross overachievment" over the 3-13 / 4-12 most of us were expecting ;)

#62 stinkyB, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

CB is usually a position that can be found in free agency. trumaine johnson may be available and is only 27 and would fit nicely along side claiborne. malcolm butler and justin behtal could be nice additons as well. I'd love to grab johnson and butler and drop skrine and reisgn claibrone. instantly fixes the secondary. burris stays as the #4 and the rest of our group can fight for the last 3 spots. nowadays secondary is more important then the LBer position as most teams run 3+WR sets and most defenses play in the nickel. I wouldn't bother with the Lber position much this offseason.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Its not just the record. Who expected this team to be as competitive as they are in this many games? We expected more lile this week than last.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Yep, that there isn't the kind of stability you want. It's been a culture of losing for our Jets since the 2010 season, which was the last time the Jets made the playoffs.

During that span the Jets have played 109 regular season games and have compiled a 46-63 record. Most likely after this season is finished the final wins and losses tally will be 46-66. Mac and Bowles will have contributed 20 wins and 28 losses during the Jets playoffs drought.

You would think with a couple of drafts picking 6th overall with a 20th overall pick sandwiched in between the needle would finally be pointing up. If you whiff on those high day one picks it sustains a culture of losing.

The 4 years (2011-2014) before Mac and Bowles the Jets compiled a 26-38 record, which resulted with the Jets picking 30th, 16th, 9th, and 18th overall in the 1st round. The Jets whiffed 3 out of 4 with Wilkerson being the lone first round pick who developed into a pro bowl level talent at his position. Even Wilkerson who was once viewed as a good pick, has turned into a mistake.

Bottom line it's time to hit a hard reset and get GM with a track record identifying talent, then allow said GM to hire a coach who fits thier vision.

#65 playtowinthegame, Dec 12, 2017
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

McCarthy, Harbaugh and Tomlinson also. If the Jets can get some combination of that it would improve this franchise immediately. That is what the Johnson clowns have to do. If Harbaugh shakes free from the Ravens the Jets should jump on him.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Don't think the Denver game was. The Chargers are the next victum, imo.

I would love to see Bowles canned from the Denver fiasco, but with McCown hurt most of time in the game, he gets a pass.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sadly, I think you're right/

9. boozer32

You think the Jets will beat the Chargers?

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sometimes when I visit this thread I think back to when I was a kid in Bklyn and went to the corner news stand to get an Eggcream ( an Eggcream was handmade and consisted of a fountain glass filled with Eggcream Soda, Milk, and Chocolate Syrup...delicious) and buy a Superman D.C. Comic ..I think for 10 cents and then went up to a quarter down the road lol lol
    Anyway once in a while you were treated to a Special Edition Bizarro World Superman where all the characters were from a duplicate universe but everything in Metropolis was BACKWARDS e.g. Exits were entrances Bizarro Superman did strange things the characters had heads on backwards etc

This is the world of the Johnsons in ref to Toilet Bowles live in ...makes NO sense ..going backwards from last weekend HOW MANY games has he MISMANAGED, given up gone for a field goal punted called the wrong play on offense and defense lost winnable game on and on and on??? It has to be 40 plus games

People think he is Coach of the year ...sure a regular Lombardi JR ahahahahahah

Oh but wait the kids play "hard for him" BS as NC pointed out they play hard anyway for a contract and pay raise!
    Bowles is just there to screw things up SMH 10xs...history shows he has more Ls than Ws and the list is increasing

So this is progress for Woody and Waldo...? He deserves to be booted ASAP

#70 NYJetsO12, Dec 12, 2017
    boozer32 likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Just give it up Boozer

Wouldn't waste my hand typing

Sure Petty steps in next weekend and hangs 45 on on the Saints ...in 2 weeks we score 50 on the Chargers in a shoot out at the OK Corral lol too funny

boozer32 likes this.
  12. boozer32

Real talk there Jets12. That is why I like this board. I'm the only Jets fan in my family and all of my friends were Giants fans. Its a small community being a Jets fan. It may seems like I spaz out about the Jets but I would like for once to see a string of winning seasons followed up with playoffs wins and another SB. It's been so elusive.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Please show one poster claiming Bowles should be coach of the year or the next Lombardi.

The worst thing anyone can do is grasp at the extremes.
    Poster says they do not think Bowles should be fired gets turned into statements like that. It adds no intelligent points to the conversation and puts posters on the defensive instead of being allowed to convey their points. All of which reduces the conversation to labeling and name calling.

14. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Worked out fine. The young QB's gets to show something or nothing and the young guys get experience. Free Agency to fill holes and a good draft slot for a quarterback. Forget the last three weeks. Jets are in a good spot to continue the rebuilding process.

15. hermshadit

hermshadit Member

16. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I most certainly do. Petty playing in NO will be a good experience.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

In fact, NO would be the perfect place for Petty to land once his Jet sentence is over with. I hope he has a good enough game for the Saints to take a flyer on him in '19. Brees can't play forever and would probably help Petty quite a bit. Petty only has 1 year left to serve before he's eligible for release/parole. Maybe Macc will let him go early for good behavior.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why? Because of his exceptional judgement of talent? Because of his ever improving record? Because his game management and adjustment skills are without peer? Maybe because of his excellent clock management? Please be specific.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles is not going to coach a team to the Superbowl.

Keeping him as HC is like trying to Justify Geno as our starter. Flashes of being pretty good but then the same mistakes repeated time and time and time and time again and is he really any better then the other 31 out there.

I could go either way on Mac but I lean to keeping him around as I think our overall talent level as a squad has risen since his arrival but what's missing and what he really needs to get some pro-bowl production out of is the QB, Edge rusher, etc.. positions that we all know are of vital importance.

So ideally I'd like Mac to stay, Jim Schwartz as HC (defensive guru) and keep Morton and Bates on the other side of the ball.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Said this in another thread...wholeheartedly agree!!