Petty will go 0-3 to finish the season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 12, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think the title is pretty self explanatory. Petty is horrible and won't win a game. it's not helping we have the pats, saints, and chargers a combined 26-13 record, but pettys inability will clearly be on showcase and hopefully we can end all this petty discussion and the jets will cut him loose next year. I'm sure the apologist will make excuses for him, but don't. also there goes the chances of having 2 1000 yard WRs. i expect to see 40 runs a game down the stretch. the end of this season is going to be painful to watch

Jets69 likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not exactly a thin limb you climbed out on there bro.
    At full strength we were dogs the rest of the way out.

3. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Realistically speaking, I agree, he hasn't shown anything that would indicate he is any more than a backup QB, the team around him isn't great, the coaching staff sucks, and the remaining opponents are all playoff teams, doesn't bode well for a mediocre QB. I expect the season will end poorly for Petty and we will find ourselves going into TC with Hack, a draft pick, and FA veteran, now the question of what names fill those two slots will indicate how excited I am for 2018.

Jets69 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I won't be making any excuses.. In fact, I'll be jumping for joy the day Macc either cuts or trades Petty. Been asking for that to happen all year long. At least the kid will have learned what happens when you get drafted by the wrong organization. One way or the other, Petty is outta here by 2019 if not sooner. Couldn't happen any faster for a 26 year old QB who needs to play to get better. That ain't happening in Florham Pk. Let them eat Hackenbergers..

5. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Sign me up for 0-3 right now. Let' get a top 7 pick and get rid of all 3 qbs. We want Cousins!!

NYJetsO12 and Jets69 like this.
  6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I think many of the Petty naysayers will be eating more than just hackenburgers when Petty shows he should have been the starter from day one. He may not be the all-world savior QB, but he'll give a better showing than what most expect.
    Prediction: Jets 28 Chargers 21

abc likes this.
  7. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Uhh... what has this dude done since he arrived in 2015 to give you any kind of confidence in a statement like that? I want him to be good too, but he's not going to be. He's going to suck. Praying that I'm wrong.

8. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

The title of this thread suggest the Jets will lose because Petty is now the starter.

NEWSFLASH: Jets still would have lost on the road to the Saints and Pats no matter if McCown, Petty, or Hackenberg were the starters. The only game left the Jets may have won with McCown as the starter is the Chargers game at home, and that would have been a bigger upset than the Chiefs.

abc, hwismer and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You say they cut Petty, and go with Hack, FA vet, and draft pick in 2018. Likely, but a recipe for disaster if the jets bring back Bowles and if McNown is the vet they bring back. 2018 will be a carbon copy of 2017. Bowles will start McNown the whole game every game if he is healthy. The jets will win about 5-6 games, and will still have no clue if Hack or draft pick is ready for 2019.
    If they get a high pick QB for 2018 I say play him right away the way the eagles played Wentz from day 1. Under Bowles, we will waste ANOTHER whole year watching McNown-- the high draft pick QB will never see the light of day, and we will be picking in the top 10 again in 2019 draft.

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

We already know Petty stinks, watching 3 games to end this season will be unbearable, can't wait to hear all the excuses, they never get old.

Just throw Hackenberg out for three games, so we can move on from these 2, or maybe find some promise in Hack.

11. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

True, I'm just assuming if the Jets go 0-3 down the stretch and end 5-11 and these next 3 games are similar to the Broncos fiasco we just saw, that TB would be out, and maybe Mac as well. If that does end up being the case, I think the new regime will go in with the QB roster listed, and more than likely Hack won't make it through TC. Just speculation is all, but in the crazy world of sports you never know what is going to happen.

12. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Serious question, what has he shown you that leads you to believe that it's the jets holding him back? Not that I think you're totally wrong, but you seem to hold him in some higher regard than I would expect. He's too damn squirrelly for my likes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

dude, i figured your man love would have ended by now for Petty..yes he was drafted by a shit organization but he was shit when we drafted him and he'll be shit when we cut him. He cannot play my man.

14. Cman68

Time will tell JD. If he shits the bed, fine. If he rises to the occasion, great. Its on him to show what he's got. There won't be many second chances after this.

abc likes this.
  15. Cman68

Well, going back to last year. The team had quit on the season and on each other by the time Petty was put in. Set him up like a clay pigeon. Considering Gailey had no interest in developing the kids but instead was all in on Fitz, Petty never stood a chance in '16. He showed me something when he survived the Suh/Wake sandwhich. I'd like to see ANY other Jet QB take that hit and survive it. Would the Jets ever admit that the team quit on the season in '16? Hell no so it had to be Petty. In spite of all that, Petty still managed to win a game coming from behind on the road.

Then looking at this year, I give you the PHONY QB COMPETITION. It should have never been pitched like that but instead, they should have just come out and said they wanted Hack to win instead of playing Petty for a sucker. Would YOU like being played for a sucker?

The Jets have shit on this kid's career for far too long and it has to have some effect mentally. Your Coach has no faith in you and set up a phony QB competition that was rigged for your teammate to win.

Even if Petty doesn't shit the bed, once his rookie deal is up he really needs to put the Jets in the rear view mirror and move on. I think the kid has enough moxie to play. Maybe not at the level his idol did, but there was a time that his idol "sucked" and got traded from Atlanta to GB.

#13 Cman68, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  16. dman928

dman928 Well-Known Member

The Jets were going 0-3 to finish the season, Petty or no Petty. Bowles is a terrible coach, and I'm sure the Bowles apologists will make the excuse that it's all Petty's fault when they lose the rest of their games.

abc, Leicester Jet, tomdeb and 3 others like this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

ALL HEED..... nostradamus has spoken!

18. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

That's fine. Everyone already knew the Jets suck and were not going anywhere with Toilet as HC. That means we have a top 10 pick and Mac will get the QB he thinks is best. Bring on 2018.

abc, tomdeb and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Listen..here is what imo Bryce Petty and C Hackenberg have to offer....character, smarts and they BOTH finished College
    No..they will not be stars in this league of the highest paid "players with rap sheets"

Just an observation

Gut says Hackenberg is future CEO in Supply Chain Management

Petty looks like the kid that runs the family business or gets to be School Superintendent one day...

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Blah, blah, blah. Did you not watch McCown shit show this week end. Broken hand or not. How the fuck did the WR do on their way to 1000 yards. Big fucking BS deal.
    I welcome some youth at the most important Offensive position. Running 40 Times. Blame our idiot HC.

21. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

If Petty survives all 3 games then I'd be surprised. Our O (whilst not terrible) is not the greatest and now that the seasons pretty much over against some pretty tough teams............its going to be murder

22. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

At least this week Petty will get reps with the 1st team players. He has to practice with each WR and TE tree. Then he will have the knowledge of where they should be. Now it's up to him to hit the marks so as to allow the receiver to continue his movement, not behind or too high. I wish him luck in spite of having to play for Bowles. Morton may have to simplify the first game plan. Just don't keep running the ball on EVERY first down. Mix it up and let em play.

Cman68, abc and stinkyB like this.