Patriot Cheaters?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Patriot, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Zack, 28 grams is about an ounce which is 1/16 of a pound. Obscure as this is, folks back in my high school days knew this because an ounce or 28 grams was an important unit of measurement for pot. Not sure if this is still the case today.

I am surprised Aaron Rogers wasn't up there. From what I have heard John Elway and Bret Favre are known to be the fastest hurlers. Also Namath was known as a fast hurler himself.

Its great to see the scientific side of you come out.

The actual physics and mechanics involved in a football in flight are not that easy to explain and may require the use of computer models.

The actual shape of a football itself is a prolate spheroid while many people confuse this with a oblate spheroid. You have the equator diameter and the polar diameter which are not much equal. This makes the way air is stored more difficult to understand than a spheroid basketball for example. Thus where you have the hole for the needle actually affects your measurement.

Can I say with 100% surety that the ball boy was only relieving himself, not the footballs? The answer is no. But if you are going to claim someone cheated or broke the rules, there should be a burden of proof before you layout punishment. I think Goodell and his investigation team had a mandate from the owners. I can't blame Goodell here, he was just following orders as he received his lucrative contract. I would have done the same if I was in his shoes. It appears the NFL players and Brady lost out on due process based on the CBA.

2. Patriot

Look arguing with Patriot fans is actually more irritating. They like many of folks pretty much repeat what they hear from their local media.

I am crazy enough to be a fan of both the Pats and the Jets, so you may be correct about me being very intellectually stupid.

But when I say the public is stupid in general, I based this argument mostly on them being brainwashed. Very few people will verify facts and they will repeat what they have been told to think.

3. Patriot

I have a rainbow of colors, whose hue, shade, tone, and tint vary on a day by day basis. Ok I am full of shit here.

I am just pointing out reality here. If you are going to beat the Patriots, your not going to this by using the excuse they are cheaters and that is why they win. If you don't understand why they win, how are you going to beat them?

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. I just took the active players.
    2. I was surprised to not find Rodgers as well.
    3. Yes. Football shape is a prolate spheroid, thus the formula for the volume changes to 4*pi*a^2*c/3 instead of 4*pi*r^3/3 in case of a sphere. [a and c are all the distances of the semi axes, and in this case, a < c.] And yes, the pressure is not uniform, but every ball has the same air vent at same spot, so that's not even relevant.
    4. Last, but not the least - it's Zach, not Zack.
    5. If I forgot - Patriots are cheaters. :)

P.S. I believe I made a slight mistake - upon the new calculation, I get that Brady's under-inflated balls would get about 4.2% velocity increase.

#24 Zach, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  5. Here you go again picking out one isolated accusation & using it to try somehow downplay 15 years of crap!i could give a shit about any individual Boston herald article!! Funny no mention of every WORD I disputed about the misinformed bullshit you tried to spewing about Deflategate,the burden of proof & destruction of evidence.Why can’t you use credible fact??Typical of a patriot scumbag.

You don’t wanna face the entire timeline. And when it’s brought to your attention you just hone in on any isolated incident you can w any excuse your fellow fans have thrown out there.You did it w Deflategate WRONGLY I might add & now your doing it w the Rams Super Bowl..and frankly I don’t even believe your contention!

You go around calling everyone stupid for simply taking news as it comes to us??Let me get this straight.Whenever the patriots get accused of underhanded tactics we should pay no attention,seek out their excuse & simply accept that they are above critcism,above the rules & simply just smarter?? Doesn’t matter how much shit they get accused of,the manner in which they conduct themselves or anything else. If we take a report at its word or draw inferences that the patriots are always involved in this CRAP we’re somehow media sheep??

Forget public court of opinion.Forget even having a brain at all.You don’t think people are stupid YOU WANT US TO BE. Blaming it on the media & jealousy.

It’s just pure selfishness.you don’t want to face what’s right in front of you cause it means it could all be tainted. You’ll do anything to place doubt including insulting people’s intelligence.You want every nfl fan to come to their knees in aw over the Patriots w unquestioned might.Well guess what?Your team screwed that up a countless number of times & that’s no longer possible.

You can hide behind your winning & calling it jealousy & the like.But when the winning ends the perception doesn’t die.Find it as stupid as you like you’ll be arguing about the patriots cheating for the foreseeable future & beyond.The team’s actions have built the perception. Judging by your act on here that should go real well for you.

Don’t bother responding to this.Your on my ignore list. I’m onto your shctick & it’s god damn sad. You showed your true colors.You aren’t worth a second more of mine or any other Jet fans time

Red Menace likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I have been saying it about this guy for a while now, he's subtle with his passive aggressive nature but it's not hard to see, I would have banned him along time ago.

7. Patriot

So if someone doesn't agree with you they should be banned?

8. Patriot

Kurt you have some serious issues and may need to see a therapist. Your hate for the Patriots has stopped you from seeing anything realistic.

You make false claims and instead of proving me wrong you go to name calling, very pathetic. Your statements about the Rams walkthrough being recorded is false but you continue on. Your statement about incriminating texts on Brady's phone is false and I corrected you that it was between the other Patriot officials. Last but not least you seem to think the rigged investigation of the NFL against Brady was fair, really?

Go ahead and ignore me and run away, it makes sense since you can't handle the truth.

At least unlike you I am not looking for the approval of others on this board like a high school teenager.

I am willing to argue for what I believe is fair and just. I created this thread to address people like you that try to bring up the Patriot Cheater argument when I try to discuss other topics. So here I am to address this and you now want to run away like a pussy. It figures!

9. Patriot

Zach sorry for misspelling your name, I am getting old and dotage is setting in.

As to the air vent, I believe you will find that different football manufacturers don't always have the same exact air vent location. You may be right if the NFL only allows 1 manufacturer, probably Wilson, for all balls that year will have the exact location assuming they don't change the manufacturing equipment.

You also forgot to mention that the Patriots are the reigning Super Bowl Champs :):):):):) and going for one more.:)

10. jets12

jets12 Active Member

forget deflate gate, that was nothing at all. Here is the major issue that some asshole just received a $200MM extension for making this decision.

When the information was found on what the Cheatriots did on spying on teams and the library they developed through cheating etc here is what the asshole commissioner did unilaterally to save Robert Kraft and the cheaters legacy instead of doing what was right.

"The evidence that we have found on the pervasive methods of spying and obtaining other information on their opponents and other creative means of cheating, is so devastating that I have ordered it all to be burned and destroyed and I will take the appropriate actions to punish them the Patriots organization for this."

A real commissioner would have reviewed everything and ordered them stripped of the three Super Bowl Championships they had at that time and announced that there would be a parade on the following three Tuesdays in Philadelphia, Charlotte and St. Louis where each team would be presented their Super Bowl trophies.

How this loser of a commissioner ever received an extension after the damage he has done to the game is beyond belief. He is so arrogant in his last contract he asked for a private Jet for the rest of his life.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I also tend to believe that there is this thing called [OFFICIAL FOOTBALL OF THE NFL] that Wilson supplies. [And they have been doing that exclusively since 1941 till this day.]

And - well. Spygate is there, and many other creative and inventive ways that they cheat. Admit it. Patriots are cheaters. :)

=================================================

All in all - it's but a game. Yeah - one stinking kind of a game. No biggie.

We are facing much more serious problem these days, starting from that Orange man in white house to a very real threat of global warming. I don't think we should be bickering about "Why your team sucks" or "You are a cheater because your team cheats" - or any other bullshit of that type, especially when we are faced with much direr problems at hand.

12. Patriot

I understand your argument on transparency and you make a good point here. Remember Belichick never denied taping teams and he handed over all his video tapes. It is my understanding based on media reports that year 2007 the league basically sent a memo telling all teams to cease filming opponent sidelines from across the field. The Patriots/Belichick were guilty of continuing this process and basically ignoring the memo. So there is no denying that the Patriots violated the rules then and Belichick's excuse of the rules interpretation was very weak.

Now to the video tapes themselves, any taping of team's sidelines prior to 2007 may not have been an enforceable violation since this predated the memo instruction. However lets say I am wrong and it was an enforceable violation. Then Goodell would have had to punish other NFL teams also for such practices. But to be clear here, the Patriots were the biggest violator of this rule. So Goodell basically drew a line on the sand stating any taping of another team's sidelines would not be tolerated after the so called memo from now on. Goodell claimed the destruction of the tapes and notes were done so they couldn't be exploited again. Its my understanding all the head coaches and owners met with Goodell to discuss the SPYGATE matter. The fact Goodell who usually doesn't do a thing without owner's permissions would have destroyed those tapes did not go over well in this meeting. Belichick's claim that he wasn't using the information in real time hence he though he didn't violate the rule was also not well received. Goodell did state that video tapes and notes went all the way back to 2000.

I honestly don't know exactly what were in those tapes. If we assume Goodell is telling the truth here, the video tapes and notes must have convinced him that the Patriots spying was something even the KGB would be proud of. So good that he was afraid to let this information leaked out to other teams. This would then suggest the Patriots would have gained a huge advantage. On the other hand Belichick claimed to Kraft after the matter that the advantage was very small.

Goodell by destroying these tapes may have made the legend of Patriot cheating by video taping actually bigger than it really was. We will never know for sure since who really knows what was in those video tapes and notes. So as a Patriot fan I am willing to admit that from 2000 to 2007 one can question the advantage the Patriots had with SPYGATE. Perhaps Goodell was sort of lenient to the Patriots since Belichick cooperated 100%. The Kraft relationship didn't hurt either.

However, after 2007 to continue claiming the Patriots are still winning because they cheat is unfounded. Since SPYGATE no team has been watched by the league more than the Patriots. You have people claiming bogus information like the Pats messed with headsets. Everyone knows the NFL headsets often don't work correctly and the league itself controls them. The taping of the Rams walkthrough was bogus and yet continues. The writer of that story eventually claimed he trusted a bogus single source. During Senator's Arlin Spector's investigation, it became clear that the Patriots video guy knew other teams video guys who were doing the same practice. This revelation was ignored by the mainstream press.

So lets say all you Patriot haters are right and the Patriots are still cheating today, then would that make the people who run the NFL the biggest dummies in the world? Again no team is scrutinized more than them and even Bill knows any wrong move will get him expelled. Is it just possible, just possible that this the Patriots must be cheating is a reflection on the frustration of NFL fans hating the fact the Patriots still keep winning? If the Patriots were not winners, would anyone even care about SPYGATE? Other teams who have recently been caught in the act of cheating or violating the rules are not taken so seriously, why?

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

beat by Gay Cutler last night. fuck the pats

14. Patriot

The only game that matters is a playoff game. The Dolphins played a good game and the Pats didn't. So be it.

Gay Cutler isn't this an insult to gay people? I don't have a problem with gay people, do you?

15. Patriot

I will only admit from 2000 - 2007 they can be considered cheats because of SPYGATE. From 2007 and on, no.

Yes the Orange Man or whatever color he is in the white house is scary, not that Clinton was not scary either. Speaking of cheating, what about knowing the questions before the debate due to CNN cheating with Clinton? I also wonder what the Russians did with all that Uranium Clinton sold them? Lets face it, we were fucked no matter who took office. Now the Coke brothers run the country instead of George Soros.

As to Global Warming, don't worry Al Gore's movie suggest a final ice age is in order.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I love gay people. Some of my best friends are bandwagon patriot fans

17. Patriot

I am glad to hear you like gay people. Just like there are bandwagon fans there are also bandwagon haters I guess.

18. Patriot

Folks I lost my cool and probably crossed the line in insulting Kurt. I have been a Pats fan since 1968 and maybe a bit to sensitive when I believe folks unfairly call the Patriots cheaters. I have tried to be respectful of many of you, but it appears Kurt can press my buttons pretty good. It still doesn't excuse me for calling Kurt any names and for that I owe him an apology. I wish no harm on Kurt or any of you.

When it is all said and done, we are arguing about folks that make much more money than us. Football is sports entertainment and we shouldn't want to kill each other over it like insane soccer fans. Perhaps its impossible for Jets and Pats fans to coexist and maybe I am stupid for thinking so.

So Kurt I am sorry for insulting you and I apologize to all of you for losing my cool. It was not mature and was not productive.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

you really need to get laid, bro

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Rather than viewing isolated incidents where they were caught and punished, you need to look at this from a big picture view. Put simply, the Patriot Way is systemic cheating. Bend, misinterpret, ignore, or purposely violate the rules in order to gain slight advantages in many aspects of the game. Add up these slight advantages over time and it gives you a prolonged advantage over the other teams in the NFL.

FJF, Brook!, Leicester Jet and 3 others like this.