I think Todd Bowles lost his job yesterday-who replaces him?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

In all my time playing and coaching sports, I NEVER once conceded. Maybe that's just me, but I would be surprised that anyone who calls themselves a competitor would do that.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The players shouldn’t give less effort but at some point, when a blow out is a blow out the coach has to mitigate the damage and try to get out of there as healthy as possible. I understood it when herm did it with bollinger, can almost understand it this time, but he gave a up too early imo

Red Menace likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

When the coaches give up it sends a clear message to the team. It's inexcusable IMO. And this isn't the first time in his tenure here that's he's done this. He's a loser, and that's why he has a losing record.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I actually think Bowles sealed his fate yesterday afternoon. He decided to run the clock out with 3 timeouts and 30 something seconds left. He punted down 23-0. He let Morton call back to back runs down 23. Who cares at that point? You're down 23-0. What's the difference if you lost by 30 or 40? You still lost. Get this loser out of here.

5. FJF

What if he kept letting petty fire balls behind Robby and Robby got his head knocked off? The way it was yesterday only bad things could have happened late in that game.
    He handled the first half terribly, waving the white towel late? Meh, what ever.

#165 FJF, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    101GangGreen101 likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Lets all just hope Blowes allows Petty to practice this week with the starters and start to create some timing and chemistry. Hard to light up anything when all you've practiced with are Practice squad and second stringers all year long. This will be like Petty seeing the playbook for the first time.

7. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I think they need to draft defensive line in the 1st round and bring back Fitz and Geno.

8. Cman68

Might as well bring back Gailey and Rex too..

dmw likes this.
  9. FJF

Are you saying petty wasn’t even given a playbook till today?

10. Cman68

He was scout team only FJ...At least that's the only time Morton and Mack got to see them play. They said this themselves. Petty didn't get any 1st team reps in training camp either so he's developed zero chemistry with the starters. Kid came in cold and played like it. Should be better this week with a full week of practice. For all intent and purposes, Petty might as well have come off the Practice Squad to play yesterday.

#170 Cman68, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. FJF

I think we are having this conversation in 2 threads now. Do you have a link to this? I find it hard to believe he is being handled differently than every other qb2 in the league.

12. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Yeah as Petty really they could put him on the PS or in that of trading him. Really have not had a franchise QB in awhile.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Petty has no command of the offense. Why get someone killed out there? But everyone here wants Morton as HC, yet I see 0 blame on Morton here?

I have no issue in terms of this, one bad call and you are down 30-0 instead. Its obvious Bowles isn't confident in any of the QBs. The weekly gameplan seems very important to Bowles, half time adjustments are little as they come, he needs to improve that or hes gone. Then again, not many coaches make great adjustments.

Too add - Bowles seems to not value the importance of each drive, you can't play to lose, gotta take chances, he takes very little ones. Every possession is valuable n I don't know if Bowles puts much priority into that

14. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Stop it. Everyone....and i mean EVERYONE knows Bowles just straight up HATES Petty. Morton Too!!! But mostly Turd. Morton was calling Pass plays, TURD was overriding the calls for delayed handoffs. Read the manuscripts!!!! It's True!!! Bowles hates everyone who's not an aging vet (which is everyone but Jo McGlownan). START THE ENGINES!

15. Cman68

Looking for it now FJ. It was embedded in a Daily News article from a few weeks ago so digging it up will be a challenge.

16. FJF

Morton gave him an unsolicited plug in the “controversial he wanted mccown back” pc last week. Said he was staying tuned ready to go. I would find it unbelievable that he is not getting the usual 5-6 practice reps a practice like the other 31 back up qbs in the league.
    My concern with petty was poor anticipation and him getting Robby or kearse killed throwing behind them. Seemed like he was throwing where they are not where they are going. Not sure if it was accuracy or timing but it’s scary. But he is going to get his shot and way more than most 4th rd picks get so let’s see what he has.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. Cman68

Agreed! Now we find out just what Petty is made of since he knows this is his last shot with the Jets and probably the NFL too. We'll get a window into the kid's character and heart these next few weeks. If he chokes, he's gone. If he's serviceable, he buys time and perhaps he should view these next few weeks as an audition for his next team. If he were smart, that's exactly what he's thinking in the back of his mind. I think once he gets his timing down with Anderson and Kearse, he'll be fine. Seems that Powell always breaks a big run with Petty in the game too.

18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

How do you know Bowles was overriding the playcalls on the last 2 drives? Whoever called 6 runs in a row just to punt and get out of dodge as fast as possible needs to take some heat. I’ve never in n my 20+ years of football witnessed such pathetic playcalling where the team basically gives up and that’s exactly what happened. If Bowles was indeed behind that playcalling, I want him fired as of yesterday.

19. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

If the O line plays the same way they did yesterday against NO, wondering how much of the playbook Petty knows will be a moot point because Hackenburg will be under center after Petty gets blasted...

20. FJF

I don’t think he is definitely done here. And he is definitely not done in the league. There so few qbs that you can be bad and still have a career. Kellen Clemons is still in the league There’s nothing stopping petty from bouncing around as a back up. Hell, a good enough showing and he could be our bridge qb . I just doubt he is anything other than that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.