When is Hackentime?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Dec 10, 2017.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

surely hack will make peterman look like marino.

2. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

After Bowles has Petty hand off the ball 30 times through the first three quarters, he's going to let him air the ball out in the 4th Quarter down 34-0. At that point, the opposing team will be tee'ing off on the O-Line and Petty in predictable pass situations. Soon thereafter, Petty will get the Everett McIver/Bruce Smith/"Oh no! They killed Boomer!"-treatment, and get carted off to a waiting medevac helicopter.

THAT'S when "Hackentime" shall commence.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe Blowes will just quit at the end of the 1st qtr this time and save us all the mystery.. Petty will get to play with a team that's already in the locker room again and most likely will get killed behind an oline that couldn't GAF.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I can't figure out why everyone is so convinced that Bowles is the reason Petty will be terrible. Petty will be terrible because he's terrible. He's going to have the exact same cast around him that McCown had so that's not an excuse and according to the CS the offense isn't going to change.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  5. Cman68

Why do you ignore the fact that Petty has not been practicing or playing with the same players McCown has???? Petty is coming into an entirely new situation and that is Blowes' fault. You can't have your backup not prepared to play by not having him practice with the starters and expect miracles. If Blowes were using that peanut of a brain, he should have been having Petty take 1st team snaps all year long instead of just running scout team reps but no.. Why is that?? Because Blowes simply does not value Petty at all and now he's forced to. Will be a miserable day indeed for Todd Blowes tomorrow and he's earned it. Wouldn't surprise me if they take the ball out of Petty's hands and do a Geno on him. That would be, 30 consecutive running plays interspaced between punts.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Petty has been taking back up snaps. Just like every other nfl back up qb has been doing since week 1. Was something reported differently?

101GangGreen101 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  7. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Regardless of how much Hack sucks I see him making the roster next year as the #3 as long as McCagnan is still in charge of personnel.

Petty on the other hand is essentially auditioning for a backup job somewhere else. He’s as good as gone regardless of what he does in these three games.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

I'm gonna have to agree with FJF here... how is this different than what any other backup QB does? You're clinging to straws here man... Petty stinks and it's not on the coaching staff.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ah so it's not just me that's been seeing this

10. Cman68

We'll find out now one way or the other won't we..

11. Cman68

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...creates-major-challenges-for-bryce-petty-jets

Oh well, I guess Petty did get every opportunity to practice with the starters no matter what Blowes and Cimini might think. Petty Haters for the win!

12. BroadwayAaron

I'm still interested in your last post. Where has it been reported that Petty is doing anything different than literally what any backup QB does ever? What backup takes first team reps? I'm confused by this.

13. Cman68

3. Petty figures to have chemistry issues with the receivers, simply because he hasn't had a chance to play or practice with them. Unlike Hackenberg, he received no first-team reps in the preseason. Once the season began, Petty and Hackenberg yielded to McCown, who received the vast majority of the practice reps and didn't miss a game rep until Sunday in Denver. Petty has shared some success with Robby Anderson -- their connection dates to training camp, 2016 -- so maybe he can rekindle that relationship.

See my last post..

14. BroadwayAaron

Yea. Sooooo like three people have said now, how is this different than what any other backup QB does?

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Vast Majority = all of the snaps? The backup, gets a small # of reps.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So he was treated like every other qb2 in the league. I don’t understand why you think he is at a bigger disadvantage than the likes of Keemun ,foles, hundley etc.?

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If they can genetically combine the positive traits of all 3 shitty QBs they have into one, they should have a pretty solid QB for once........ VOLTRON!

18. BroadwayAaron

I think Cman might be in a bit of denial...

Those three guys probably took 0 first team reps until the week they were named starter. Keenum came in and played fantastic. Hundley came in and kept the team in the playoff hunt. We'll see about Foles... but that also sets the stage for Petty. He's no different than any other guy who has succeeded as the backup. If he can't do it (especially when Josh McCown of all people thrived) then he's not fit to be an NFL QB.

"We'll see" is how I'm going about it... but we all know the answer. Petty stinks and it has nothing to do with the staff.