And now we learn about Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Dec 10, 2017.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

To me that's the only takeaway from this. How will our little known new owner respond to this? Will he make the correct, decisive, decisions that gets this team to the promised land or will he be a little engaged middling nobody? Does he have a burning passion to win?

Chris Johnson just watched his team lay down and die to a lifeless corpse Bronco team on an 8 game losing streak. He saw toilet again get outschemed, outsmarted, out coached in every way. The team was not motivated or disciplined. Not even Morton, who is the only reason we have 5 wins and not 0, could bail this team out like he did last week. In a way this sort of reminded me of week 17 Buffalo where Rex totally outclassed toilet. You look and you see the stunted development of Adams and Maye. You look and you see how Mo Wilk has regressed under toilet, how he couldnt do anything with Lee (this is on Mac too) how he has no clue how to call plays or motivate or understand how clocks or timeouts work. Or how to blitz. Or how to maybe not let Trevor Semian morph into Tom Brady.

If Chris Johnson is an owner worth a damn, today was it for toilet, and the wheels are already in motion to get a real leader of men in here for 2018

The floor is yours Chris. Will you let Turd continue to be the anchor holding this team back? Or will you open your wallet and bring an intelligent bigtime coach in for 2018?

2. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Chris will not make a single decision without input from Woody. So rest assured, whatever does or doesn't happen will have Woodys name all over it.

Cman68 and Red Menace like this.
  3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If that's the case then the next head coach will make Rex Ryan look like a stoic. That's been Woody's pattern since HE took over. Let's hope the brother is a lesser fool.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cman68 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Chris Johnson set the bar so low this offseason that there was no way Blowes couldn't have surpassed it. All Blowes had to do was keep the team competitive and show some semblance of development of the kids. He's done all that CJ asked him to do to get an extension which really wasn't much. If the bar was set any lower, it would be in a tunnel.

NYJetsO12 and papapump like this.
  5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I think that WJ still owns the team & CJ is just the caretaker while WJ plays Mr. Ambassador. If WJ decides to replace MCC or TB he will do so though CJ. which = CJ has zero power to do anything:mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

If he wants to make his stamp on this team, he'll make the bold moves that need to be made. Now, obviously I'm not convinced Woody is completely out of the picture, but I don't think this team is going to fair well these next few games and can totally see us getting blown out the rest of the way.

3 years of non-playoff football with a coach who laid down yesterday and has absolutely no idea whats going on with the clock.

These next 3 weeks will be telling and a lot rides on it because if we do lose out, we suddenly go from a team that was overachieving to a team that pretty much carried over its shitty self from a season prior. Also, if we do lose out we will have a higher draft pick and QB has to be the pick. Do you want to keep a coach to fire him next season?

All questions that require a lot of thought.

Ultimately, inconsistency never wins in the NFL and Bowles is just that, inconsistent.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

There's no way that Bowles gets fired this year, super young team, lack of depth and talent all over the place, tough schedule. I don't think that more than 5 wins was a possibility with anyone coaching this team. Not to say he's going to go to Canton or anything, but this isn't a good team guys.

TwoHeadedMonster, Sam Hammer and Br4d like this.
  8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Where would U rate TB amonst the 32 HC ? Myself I would put him in the lowest 10 from 22 to 32 nothing higher:mad:

NYJetsO12 and grkmanga31 like this.
  9. grkmanga31

Same...I think he's a lower end, middle of the road kinda HC that you could probably go to the playoffs with once in awhile but more often than not, you're looking at 7-9 kinda HC that doesn't get the most out of his players (Wilkerson and Leonard Williams have been underwhelming this year) and coaches scared.

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Listen this is either a good team or Bowles is a good coach.

It can be both, one or the other but not neither.

Point is, someone did something good this year.

TwoHeadedMonster and Br4d like this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

My vote is on Korean Jesus

TheJetLife and Jeti like this.
  12. Everything written regarding the changing of the guards is that CJ has full control.He & Woody talk everyday but do not discuss the team.He is commander in chief for all intensive purposes.

There are no actions to really draw inferences from which to know what we’ll be getting from CJ starting a month from now. But being more open w the players was a nice first move & something we pretty much never heard about Woody doing.

Based on his press he really appears to wanna put his own stamp on the team & seems quite a bit more engaged than Woody ever was. He may want his own GM/HC Or even QB for that matter..and that’s kind of the sense I’ve gotten..

Who knows maybe he gives TB & Mac 5 year extensions week 17.Go figure

13. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Belicheat will have a bye wrapped up by week 17 and this coming week's game will decide which of Pitt and NE gets the #1 seed. If he sits his starters and they lose its a win win for Pats. Jets get a win that drops their draft slot to a mid teens pick at best and they rest starters so they're fresh for playoffs. Don't under-estimate the power of the dark side... Belicheat will use his powers to ensure the Jets do NOT get a franchise QB.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. grkmanga31

The steelers are not letting up so the game versus the patriots will be interesting. If the pats win, which we all suspect will happen, Belichek may rest his starters but hard to imagine Belichek resting starters for 2 weeks (week 17 and first round bye).

I think Belichek will want to go out on a high and beat the jets in blowout fashion. Also, I'm not so sure we would be able to beat the pats backups at this point either

Bellows1 and Red Menace like this.
  15. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

We'll find if he is any different in the three or four days following our last loss vs the Pats. And you guys know exactly the kind of questions he will be asked.... does this ring a bell. "Woody, when did you make your decision to let go of Rex Ryan? Was it this week?"

grkmanga31 likes this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Just get it done and quit jerking around. Admit that neither you nor your brother have any idea about hiring people to run this team and get a professional onboard to drive the train. Changes need to be made now starting right at, or near, the top of the organizational chart. Why wait until twenty other teams are looking for personnel? Get a head start! Find the best football mind and make him an offer he can't refuse and get him working for the future today. The guy is out there somewhere and he already knows who should stay and who should go.

You need one guy in charge and he needs to take control now while the field of candidates is full in order to get the best. Be prepared to put your checkbook to the test. The only problem is figuring out who can get you on the right track. The last consultants burdened you with an unworkable co-equal situation. Consider this the most important decision you'll ever make for the New York Jets.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You're right, but I seriously doubt CJ will do that.

18. Beki

Beki Active Member

I think there is one important thing yet:
    Chris Johnson is the one who sees every day of the team: how training is going, sitting in the stadium during the matches and watching the reactions of the fans + the team + every aspect of the game. Like how clueless Bowles standing and has no idea what he should do with his team and so on.

Another thing is that Woody is still the owner of the Jets and he has the final word on the fate of Macc and Bowles.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

How some homers are still defending Blowes smh

All the evidence of poor in game management and regression of players

Someone said " well 5 wins something went right"...that's a clueless statement

IMO 5 wins came from Morton and new staff Toilet put together and lotsa luck

He is just a figurehead ...and when he HAS to make a decision in game or otherwise he gets it WRONG

The only worse decision makers are the Johnson brothers...hahah good name..a pair of Dickheads

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Just to make things clear, I posted this as a new thread entitled "Chris Johnson - Now! Director of Football Operations."

I guess it was similar enough, but maybe more specific than this thread so it was merged. In context it should be more clear what I was getting at.