Road woes- why?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

This isn't a grea team and I don't think we should be surprised at the result, but the details worry me. Did you see anyone, anyone at all on that sideline yesterday look animated, ticked off, emotional. Nope me neither. It was flat as hell from minute one.

In any sport, if you go out onto the field trying to avoid defeat rather than win, guess what, you're going to lose more often than not. With a minute to go in the 1st half they had a field goal attempt - we had three time outs left. What was he saving them for? Christmas? We then punted...twice...when we were 23-0 down. That says everything. I think some of the criticism of Bowles has been over the top and there have been some good flashes this season. But man that was terrible yesterday and it didn't look like he cared or knew how to motivate his team. That worries me

Ralebird, ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Soon to be 10-22 the last 2 years bye Turd!

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they are going to finish the season with only 1 road win - - @Cleveland

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I remember when we went on the road week 15 and beat the steelers in Pitsburgh with Rex and here we are 7-8 years later with a guy who doesn't want to call a timeout, nor go for it on 4th down down 23.

We are a shell of our former selves, don't have a personality nor an identity.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Young team, don’t have a QB or RB to lean on going away from home, it was expected. Can’t put that on Bowles.

FJF likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That was a veteran based team. Jets outside of qb have one of the youngest rosters. Can't compare the team or the coaches

7. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Fair point, but that does not excuse him only having 7 road wins throughout his 3 year tenure here. It also doesn't excuse him not calling timeouts and pretty much laying over. It's almost as if he didn't want the Broncos to beat them by 40 yesterday.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Did you watch the Raider game?

Red Menace likes this.
  9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The raider game was close though, it was the fumble on the punt that did the jets in.

The second half raiders stopped committing stupid penalties and took the jets lunch money.

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  10. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

If you don’t have an elite QB, you need a running game to rely on when you’re on the road. Our run game has been a joke the last 2 years. Feels like we’re lucky when we break 3 YPC.

11. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Any mention of Turd and shrimpin should automatically deserve an upvote from every member on here

matt robinson 17 likes this.