John Morton wants Josh McCown back in 2018, but is that best for Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 8, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

But it does nothing but add confusion to the Jets moving forward. They will not have an answer at QB next year. They have 3 questions marks at the QB position. No one wants to see McCown again for 16 games. So what is the big pictures? They have to find a QB to run this franchise for the next decade that should be paramount. Playing McCown stalls that process and just keep the Jets in no man's land. By playing Petty or Hackenberg we can eliminate somethings and at least know they are either back up material or worth developing.

NYJetsO12 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  2. boozer32

Thorson? That guy is a stiff!!. Hackenberg 2.0 or worst. He's the last QB we would wat to draft. We have his doppleganger already on the roster.

3. boozer32

I did think it was closed over a decade ago. After the head chef died the business went down. Glad somethings are making a comeback. Next up Elaine's and Studio 54.

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The Jets are dogshit at developing QBs and we shouldnt have any of them on the roster. Petty looks terrible, they wont even play Hack which makes him like the 3rd QB ever drafted in the 1st or 2nd round not to see a snap. We better hope we get Cousins otherwise we run a huge risk resigning McCown who will be 39. I dont trust this team anywhere near a young QB and we're better off just buying the best one in free agency.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Broken hand, McCown may be done

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

They don’t have to play to be eliminated as potential fibs. The fact that they are not playing eliminated them. There is no qb in the roster right now that is going to keep the jets from drafting or signing a qb if they have the chance

7. boozer32

Kept them from drafting one last year. The 2 they passed on look much better than anything we have had in a decade. This franchise is a joke and I don't know what possesed Leon Hess to sell to the band aid king. I wish Mark Cuban or some other group would come in and buy the Jets. To Woody it seems like they are just a hobby. The Jets need an owner who will make them a 24/7 priority like the Rooney's, Mara's, Jerry Jones.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Turd will push him out there in a wheel chair, because he gives us the best chance to ruin our draft position

NYJetsO12, boozer32, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  9. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

If it weren't the Browns ,I'd agree. Hue Jackson loves him, and has Haslam's ear. That's who he wants.

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I'd say they have 2 question marks at the QB position. We know what McCown brings to the table. He's a middle of the pack JAG who has been a positive influence on the younger players and even helpful to the OC.
    Now with his injury, we will see Petty and hopefully answer another of those questions. Will Hack get a game? That's a question mark. I doubt it unless Petty gets hurt.
    I know alot of posters here are celebrating McCowns injury so we get to see Petty and possibly Hack or wished it would have come sooner, but the development of the roster would not have progressed if that had been the case.

boozer32 and soh_vet like this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That would be the ultimate derail in this draft.

12. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Take that nonsense elsewhere. You watch Stewart and Hansen become allstars these last couple of games bc turd and geezer were holding them back! Haven't you been paying attention, Petty is now Free! Unleash the Petty! 8-8, here we come!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

What does Thorson have in common with Hack?
    Have you seen him play?

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Competely different scenario as they never planned to play hack last year bs hack not being able to play his way into the field this year.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Unless you feel hack or petty can start, I don't see how it's a bad thing to keep him one more year while we find a replacement via the draft. unless we can land a semi-young starter like cousins or bridgewater

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

McCown is a good stop gap QB, but if you do not play your young guys they do not get any better. If you draft a guy next year they will not be good. The most you can hope for is average and they will go through their lumps. They problem with that in NY is that there will be a very vocal group claiming how our QB sucks. Then you will have Bowles (if retained) unwilling to play a rookie QB, why would he if he will get fired.

Bring in a young QB make the coach play him or bring in a new coach.

NYJetsO12 and boozer32 like this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

To answer the original question:
    When has a 39 year old never been journeyman EVER been the answer?

18. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

The "logic" of some of my fellow Jet fans blows my mind. Everyone agrees that Mccown is playing the best football in his 18 year career (a career dominated by losses and bench play in which he has never had a single winning season) - and we are 5-8. He regularly holds the ball too long and makes bad decisions in key spots (exactly what you would expect from an 18-year vet with his losing resume) Next year when he is one year older and teetering on 40 the best we can hope for is that he is as "good" as this year. Anyone who suggests that the Jets would bring him back to ride the bench and let a young QB start needs to put down the crack pipe. That's what we were all saying this year! Even after fantasies about the playoffs were dead, Toilet Bowles never missed a chance to praise McCown's great play and insist that he was his starting QB until the end of the year. He didn't even give our "young qb's" a single rep with the first team! We're going to be faced with two choices next year. Either take a risky gamble and let a young, unproven QB start and hope that he can find his footing and give us a starting QB for years going forward, or resign McCown or some other old, crappy QB off the trash heap that nobody else wants and ensure that we have another terrible year next year and get not one inch closer to finding a franchise QB.

19. boozer32

So we are wasting high draft pick to just look at them in uniform now? Glad the Cowboys didn't think that way with prescott of the Texans with Watson. Only the Jets fans justified a bad pick by saying they never had any plans to play Hack. Listen you can either play this game or not. Sitting and watching does absolutely nothing.

20. boozer32

I say Plan C eliminate Bowles and Macc from either making that decision and fire them both. Nobody wants to see another year of dumb play