McCown has broken hand

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by zace, Dec 10, 2017.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Joking, that's TB mindset

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You guys might disagree but it's of no benefit to see Petty at this point in the season.

Everyone else is so far ahead as far as comfort level with the offense that his lack of starting time is a detriment to the rest of the offense.

He's going to look rusty and will be totally off because he was never able to clean those mistakes up as the season went on.

This is why a young QB needs to start as soon as possible so he can get through the real time development phase as fast as possible and the game starts to slow down.

Personally I feel it's just another wasted year by the jets. The bright side is we will be able to get another piece of the puzzle in next years draft and Mac can continue with the rebuild.

#22 Red Menace, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Wasted season because a 38 yr old QB started 13 games and we will finish 5-11

4. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

We are screwed. I wonder if Hack will be playing as Petty is fragile.

5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Same here, nothing going to come out of this last games, rather let Hackenberg have a chance

6. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Don't assume McCown is done for the year. Toilet's lips are so glued to McCown's ass that he'll let him play with a broken left hand even though he won't be able to hand the ball properly. In his mind any vet is better than playing Petty or Hack.

Jets better run toilet out of town on black Monday or their may be a huge fan revolt after his giving up on the team today.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Given that the choices are either Petty or Hackenberg, they might as well start Petty, as I think Hackenberg would get killed. I expect Petty to perform poorly, and that will be the final nail in his coffin as a Jets player. They will bring back McCown, a draft choice, and Hackenberg next year, and McCown will win the job in the preseason. Lather, rinse, repeat.

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Perfect opportunity today McClown got hurt 3 times and that idiot kept putting him back in, even down 20-0

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

This DOES look like last season, no? Only worse - Bowles can't go back to Mcclown if Petty sucks next week. He's stuck with the young kids. HAR HAR HAR.

I feel sorry for Petty. This franchise has been doing its best to undermine this kid from the beginning - and it hasn't changed.

10. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

On Madden he cleaned them up.

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is my worry for Hackenberg. They treat Petty like that, yet must believe he is better than Hackenberg, so Hack truly must be the worst of the worst. Hopefully Petty proves them wrong the last few games. They have to give him a chance to though and I doubt they will.

Cman68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Bowles is an embarrassment. How anyone can defend him is mind blowing. Especially efforts like today. If the goal is to eventually win the Super Bowl, he needs to be fired, as he will never take any team to one. He is clueless.

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Honestly, I feel for McCown. The guy clearly loves the game and loves being a part of this organization. If you saw his post game interview he broke into tears at the podium. Even though it hurt our draft position, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the offense with McCown at the helm.

14. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Source: Wentz has torn ACL

15. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

It does suck that McCown got hurt. But it makes sense to play Petty and then Hack, to see what we got. McCown was never the answer, and I know all the purists say it's impossible to be a true fan and root against your team, but 5-11 gives us a better chance at the franchise QB. It common friggin sense.

I'm curious to see how the OC does with a week getting Petty ready. His mantra is "find out what the player does well and play to those strengths." I think Morton is better than Gailey. We have to remember that all the "experts" were saying the offensive talent on this team was historically bad. I think Morton has done a pretty good job considering.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i was so annoyed when they put mccown back in. and he PROMPTLY threw an INT.

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What happened in the 2nd half ?

2/2 he looked composed, wake up to see he was 2/9 and we lost 23-0 you would expect a hell of a lot more throws when behind by 4 scores ?

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

First pass was decent. Second pass - was pulled back because of penalty, courtesy of Kelvin Beachum. Petty looked like he was about to do something - except he was pulled after the penalty. McCown threw a pick in the ensuing play, and I turned the channel. I later found Petty went 2/9. I can see how much Bowles just hates Petty.

19. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Bowles is gonna use gorrilla caulk construction adhesive to fix McCown's hand, afterall he's probably just one win and two competitive games away from keeping his job. Petty will get him fired against the Saints, Super Chargers, and Patriots. Lmao.

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Doctors "He's done for the year, may never play again."

Bowles "Josh McNown is our starter next week."