Please fire bowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Dec 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Bowles and the coaching staff has done a good job this year

I think overall he’s OK...he’s not the style of coach I prefer but I can live with him as long as Morton stays on as OC for a while

Team is in good shape for the future with or without Bowles. I didn’t think we had this many pieces going into the season but we were all wrong

hornblower likes this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The majority of the roster did play hard. Unfortunately there was a lot of cancer type players in that locker room. The roster was set by the time the implosion began.

Those players were identified and removed from this team after the season.
    Credit should be had for this alone. Sometimes mistakes just happen, continuing those mistakes would have me on the Anti-Bowles wagon but the guy does learn.

He has a lot of great traits as a HC, this team should not be winning this many games with this roster. I think that's a universal trust, but they are.

Bowles deserves more credit then he gets on this board.

TonyFtLaud, Walt White, LAJet and 2 others like this.
  3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

What a ridiculous whiny premature thread..
    Great job OP!!

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

So now I'm a whiner because I'm giving my opinion just as you are yours?

I said he has an affinity, not that he only plays veterans. I have also gone on record as saying this teams record is bad because of scheme and coaching, not because it's completely devoid of talent because I see there are good players on the team.

You ask why give Mac a pass, Mac does not call a cover zero plays against one of the most explosive receivers in the NFL when the jets have a weak secondary and a no name CB covering him.

Keeping Leonard Williams on the 3 T instead of the 5T is a sin with the mans abilities. you watch the games, his clock and game management has been the same since his first year. Obviously you dismiss those things as nonessential from a HC.

Anderson was already a good player when he came in, he wasn't productive because Fitzpatrick did not have the arm strength to throw the ball deep enough for Anderson.

He should have had 8-10 TDs his first year with the jets but was constantly coming back or attempted to come back for the ball that was underthrown.

We will have to agree to disagree with regards to Bowles, while Mac has not been Ron Wolf with his drafting I believe Bowles has been worse at his job than Mac has been at his.

If he comes back he comes back, it's not my call, so I'm going to root for him to develope Luke Falk and be successful. I will never root for a jets, player, HC or GM to be bad, we rooted for Kotite for goodness sake.

#64 Red Menace, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because we've had so little to be happy or get excited about from Jets HC in a while. Playing hard week in and week out and being prepared each week is something new for Jets fans to witness. They see it as progress/improvement from Bowles, and forget that the team has a lot of high character, young, hungry players who are playing for their NFL lives. They're gonna play hard for whomever is the HC.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Look no further than the Giants. Mr. Do will be gone before the next game

7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Whatever dude. You've been saying that Bowles will only play vets for a long time now. That he won't play young guys to a fault because he coached under Parcells. That's not true.
    You might be the only person I've seen anywhere that thought that this team was supposed to be better than it has shown. This is a team that is obviously being re-formatted, refitted and is in development. That's why they were a consensus worst team in the NFL, tho I never believed the nonsensical 0-16 stuff.

The Williams complaint reminds me of people complaining of Bowles playing Sheldon at 3-4 OLB like he didn't have an understanding of what the position is or what Richardson was. But if people bothered to look Sheldon was playing the edge on the line of scrimmage. He's putting the best guys he has on the field. Not adhering to strict 3-4 prototypes. After Mo, Leo, and McClendon what is there exactly to run your D? I don't know what exactly Williams best strengths are. But I'm surprised you do and know better than Bowles.

I get a kick out of fans who think they can call a game better than the HC, and know better what his players are, under these circumstances. Or that they know every players responsibility on a play so they can definitively say how the HC fucked up on a call. In a game they won no less. Especially when almost all these games have come down to a play or two and could've gone either way but for an INT, fumble, or ST play with what is pretty certain a mid level NFL roster at best. You could second guess every call either way in every game in the NFL every week if you really wanted to.

#67 Walt White, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    IIMeanDeanII and hornblower like this.
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Bowles weaknesses can be corrected as he gains experience, but his strengths you can’t nevessarily get in all coaches.

I haven’t been a big Bowles fan because of his obvious weaknesses, but if he can beat Denver next week he likely keeps his job.

Lose, again, to another team you should beat, and then likely lose out to the Saints, Chargers and Pats and there’s no way you can bring him back. Overachieving is fun, but at some point you have to actually win the games you should. He’s already lost too many in that category.

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

for as much as we (myself included) give him shit about being "lifeless" the guy had the balls to deactivate Darron Lee & bench Wilkerson today. he deserves credit. That move was probably long overdue but nonetheless necessary gumption

10. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I am not a true believer, but it's hard to look at this roster and argue that Todd Bowles has failed or underachieved.

His team is in every game.
    Everyone competes.
    He's not about himself.
    He doesn't say stupid shit.
    No-name guys have become real players under his watch.

Also, I can't believe some people want a head coach who gets worked up over stuff like bad calls or bad plays. Why? Good things happen and bad things happen. It doesn't mean we have to react like teenagers. Give me a coach who can feel joy and pain and still make rational decisions without losing his head.

11. Red Menace

Whatever is right dude, and I know I don't know football like Bowles does, no one here does as a matter of fact.

He doesn't get everything right just because he has been doing it for 20 years and he should not be above reproach.

It's not just today and I'm not picking on him for today's game, it's the 3 year resume, you and I have seen every game he has coached for his tenure, that's what I'm basing it on.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Honestly I don't think he's the HC to lead the jets to a SB but if Woody brings him back of course I'm going to root for him to succeed, I'm a jets fan and I want nothing but success for them and anyone who is part of the team.

I have no problems being wrong, as a matter of fact, I hope I'm wrong and he goes on to lead the jets to multiple SB wins.

The problem is the jets don't have the QB, or the OLB that can be a game changer and make that type of difference.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

"The prob is the Jets have no QB".... Plus 10000

Doesn't it warm your heart knowing that Shoddy Toddy will push doofus MM NOT to draft a top 5 QB??

Menace please...he wins today and this means Multiple possible SB appearance s ??????????? DOUBT IT

I think you and I should both get some rest..lol

We are never solving this problem while TB is Coach to monkey wrench things...I hate his as* ..sorry

That's why HE MUST GO...I've had it personally with this team of stupid stupid and stupid for the Leadership

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Heard the Browns have an opening in their fan base, they would be perfect for you

FJF, xxedge72x and Walt White like this.
  15. Walt White

Fans see him on the sideline and in the pressers and they think they know what he's about. They don't. They have no idea what he is behind closed doors. But then they make some atrocious, preposterous judgments anyway.
    That goes for almost every HC. Look around the league there's very few guys that are animated and then talkative to the media. That means nothing.
    He benched two starters at the risk of losing the game to make a point and to drive home a lesson to Lee.

FJF, twown and xxedge72x like this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What pick did Dan Marino get taken on in '83?

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This post is so far fetched it hurts. Like, whhaaaatttt?

I get most Jet fans assume a lot about what happens behind closed doors but...

Bruh...

Why in the blue fucks of hell would a HC ever try to persuade the GM to ignore drafting a potential FQB?

Hell... We've literally taken a flyer twice now at QB since Bowles has been HC.

Where do you guys come up with these theories?

I swear... hurts my head. Yet, I keep coming back for more.

I guess I'm the real jackass here, eh?

FJF, MoWilkBeast and Walt White like this.
  18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Pipe dream there. Bringing him back will just keep you swimming in Alka-Seltzer. Receivers open all game same problem every year under Bowls/Rodgers.

19. Walt White

Right?

Hahahahahaha

lmmfaool

That is priceless Dean

#79 Walt White, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

They did the same thing with Fitzpatrick. Outstanding first year and they bought him back. How did that workout. Expecting McCown to be that guy to take you over the top is comical. Teams have already game plan for him and there is years and years of earlier tape. All McCown is doing is wasting the Jets time. Now they have 2 QB spots that no one knows anything about and you want to bring a 3rd high value draft pick in. How many more years are the Jets gonna do this dance? Next week might be their last chance at a win. After that is losses.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.