Week 13: Jets vs Chiefs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I guess nobody really wants to talk about this game. I think the Jets have a decent chance of upsetting the Chiefs since they've cooled off considerably. We'll get a chance to look at Alex Smith just in case Mac wants to drop some cash instead of going with McCown 2.0.

If our ST's aren't up to the task, Tyreek Hill will embarrass them and the Chiefs will have great FP all game. McCown should be able to make some throws against the Chief defense but I highly doubt if the running game will make much difference.

I'm looking forward to this game as I will be in Missouri visiting my inlaws. If the game had been in Arrowhead, I would have gone. They're all diehard Chief fans so I'm wearing my Jets Polo. Kinda like the commercial. :)

Looking for a game alot like what we just saw with the Panthers. If the Chiefs think they can roll into Metlife and just coast, they're gonna be in for a rude awakening. I'm not expecting a Jets win, but a hard fought game none the less!

NYJetsO12, Peebag and Vida like this.
  2. Mike Aponte

Mike Aponte New Member

as long as we maintain offensive drives early and don't force our defense to be on the field a lot in the first half, come fourth quarter i think we can squeak a win out at home. our defense is too young to be forced to play nonstop for four quarters which has been the reason for a lot of our fourth quarter losses.

Brook! likes this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Reid is smarter than Bowles and unfortunately(or shall I say fortunately) that will make all the difference in this game. I expect a close game but Chiefs will probably win. Might not be a bad thing for draft purposes though.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I live in Kansas and Chiefs fans I know are disgusted with the way they have been playing, 1-4 in their last 5 games, and despise Reid. A lot of them expect the Jets to win.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Hey! Tell them we'll trade: Bowles for Reid!

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'll add Ham sandwich and a coke to that deal. Just to sweeten it up a little.

NYJetsO12, K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

I think it could be a fairly close game. That's if our special teams don't break down. Reid may whip this team into the shape it had early in the season. He's been outsmarting himself with trick plays. Their D is pretty strong and I don'
    t think we'll get may yards rushing. So, it depends on the O not to drop the ball. Like 4th quarter turnovers and excessive penalties.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I'm sure this game will get the Chiefs back on track.

westiedog1, NYJetsO12 and Peebag like this.
  9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I think Lee and Demario get schooled with those stupid wheel routes this week. Reid is a good HC, Alex Smith on the other hand could get sacked a lot this game if jets can make them one dimensional.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Reid is really messing up the playcalling for the Chiefs right now, but I expect Hill and Hunt to get back to their bread and butter.

Another interesting matchup for Adams against Kelce. Adams has had a rough year in coverage.

11. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

This game will end for us on a questionable holding penalty. I can also see a Rex type time out negating a long ball to win. Like the Packers game a couple of years back.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Many writers on Bettors Guide (NY Post} are making Chiefs -3 a Best Bet..put ya money where your mouth is

13. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Game will be close. McCown will either fumble or throw an int in Jets territory with under two minutes left with the game tied. Chiefs already in field goal position, run down the clock with a couple running plays, then win by a field goal. Deja vu....another Jets 4th qtr collapse. During post game presser, Bowles will have that same let them off the hook look. Jets fans on the air waves will scream for anyone not named McCown. Typical Sunday for a Jets fan.

KurtTheJetsFan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Some people are just psychic.........

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And I'll throw in McCown, Forté, and Skrine!

Zach likes this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nope. Lost interest officially after that Panthers game. Nothing drives me more nuts than losing games you should win. It's weird, I would prefer to be blown out by a better team than lose a close game due to self-inflicted mistakes. I'll watch like I always do tomorrow, but I am sick of Bowles and McCown.

NCJetsfan, stinkyB and Red Menace like this.
  17. twown

twown Well-Known Member

At this point the Chiefs will be happy if their bus rolls into the stadium lot without bursting into flames.

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I could see this going either way, but in typical Jets fashion, they'll probably screw up draft position even more scoring a gw td over Revis in the final 2 minutes.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

That wasn't Rex, it was Sheldon Richardson from the sideline.
    negated a nice Kerley TD.
    ref shouldn't even have allowed the TO as players from the sidelines aren't authorized to call them.

20. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

100% this