BREAKING: Giants to start Geno Smith this Sunday

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by grkmanga31, Nov 28, 2017.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Last year the Jags were 3-13. This year they're 7-4. Bradley was one of the worst coaches in the NFL. Marrone is not.

grkmanga31, NYJalltheway and FJF like this.
  2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

All of my Giants friend fans are PISSED

I really don’t see the big deal...once my team is eliminated from playoff contention I would prefer that they look towards the future

Eli is not some legendary figure anyway...he’s had a solid career with a couple of awesome playoff runs but he’s really not that good anymore. The rest of the team blows but he’s nothing special at this stage

Love seeing the Giants franchise get destroyed but I just think it’s a huge overreaction

JethroTull likes this.
  3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I dropped Eli in my 2qb league at 8 this morning. I'm guessing I won't regret it.

4. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I agree that it is a big overreaction, but the Giants need to be more sensitive in the way they handled it. Instead of having McAdoo go out there and say “Geno gives us the best chance to win”, they should just say “Look, we are 2-9 and want to take a look at the other QB’s on the roster because we may have the opportunity to draft a top QB next year”.

Also the idea that Eli would start to preserve the streak and then sit the second half regardless of how the first half went is plain dumb. You can’t be playing regular season games in Week 13 like the Preseason.

That’s said don’t feel bad for the Giants. They are going to shitcan McAddo and Reese after the year go to war the next decade with Rosen or Darnold while the Jets will likely still be in QB purgatory thanks to McCown.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

nah Marrone is trash.
    He doesn't bring anything to the table, and I've never seen players happier on a coaches departure from a team. It's a time bomb waiting to happen in Jax.

in terms of this year, they play in the worst division in football, have a great defense, and still won't make the playoffs.
    they just lost to the Cardinals!
    even the Jets beat them...

i agree about Bradley though..

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I say we do our best job of tanking and forget how smart Mara/Tisch are (because they are)

Hopefully other teams with worse records are not thinking this way and will play their # 1s get a win

Our problem is our front office is split between a coach trying to save his job and a GM who needs top draft position...if Mac was the Boss there would be a good understanding

Thanks Woody...no Johnson Products for me ever again

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

In before Geno wins out.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

you had plenty of time

10. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

i wonder which franchise “gets it” and knows how to swallow the bitter pill in order to improve long term and which is living for today ?

Todd Fing Bowles that disgrace - woody fing johnson that disgrace -

I’d give my pinky for Mangini again

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah if they really want to tank they gotta start benching defensive players. Not like Eli helped them win 12-9 against the Chiefs, and the D pretty much got their only win in Denver too.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's cause the Giants handled this the way the Jets or the Mets would handle something - clumsily and with horrible logic. It'd be one thing if they were legit taking a look at Webb, but sitting Eli for GENO SMITH IN NY is just such horrible PR you'd think this was the brainchild of Jay Horowitz or whoever runs the Jets' PR department. How the flying fuck is Geno Smith a part of their future? And then MacAdoo making it out like Geno Smith gives them the best chance to win is just insulting people's intelligence. Nice to hear Fatty rip the Giants for a change.

Guess what, the Jets DID something similar last year, only instead of taking a look at some scrub who was shamed out of the lesser NY team, they were taking a look at the actual young guy. But sure let's make it out that the Jets would never bench the QB after being mathematically eliminated. You guys would have been complaining they didn't sit Eli in Week 6.

And let's not make it out the Giants are 2-9 cause they were trying to lose either or that who's playing QB even matters in terms of results with the state of the rest of their offense. If tanking was the goal might as well have left Eli out there to stink it up.

#52 NYJFan10, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    TonyFtLaud, LAJet and grkmanga31 like this.
  13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That's all? C'mon man, man up.

14. GordonGecko

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of the Giants but I can't help but feel bad for Eli... he definitely deserves more respect then McAdoo has shown him.

Reese & McAdoo have to be shown the door the night of the last game of this horrendous season.

16. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Marrone coaches the bills a few years back and they pummeled the jets twice and had the best defense in the league. I think having Blake Bortles as QB makes marrone look worse than he actually is. Put Eli in there and even if he is not what he was, the jags would be contending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Menace likes this.
  17. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Giants are just wrapping Eli in bubble wrap until they trade him to the Cardinals, where he will have a Kurt Warner like revival. Geno Smith is just a tank arm to finish out the tank season. Meanwhile the Jets are playing competitive football with Josh McCown as their starter in NFL purgatory.

#JetLife

18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I think the Giants have been a mediocre team for a long time and aside from having 2 great runs in the playoffs, they have nothing to latch their we are a great organization claims on.

Eli is like the Giants god to some because he is that figure you remember winning those championships. Understandable that they are frustrated but I also think they're pissed because Geno is the one getting a look rather than Davis Webb (who will at some point or another).

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Giants aren't throwing Webb to the wolves in a trainwreck of a season. That's the way it looks to me.

All of this grief is going to turn into the #2 QB prospect in the draft but this time the #1 guy isn't going to be saying "I'll only play for the Giants."

20. GordonGecko

Would love to see Manning on the Jets. Make it happen, rub that salt in the Mara wound