Are Black QBs discriminated against in the NFL?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ColoradoContrails, Nov 20, 2017.

?

Are Black QBs discriminated against in the NFL?

1. Yes.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. No.

33 vote(s)
    82.5%
  3. Maybe.

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

yeah actually after researching, Jeter is 1 of 16 investors. Don't ask me about fractions either.

But in the racial draft, the black delegation DID indeed acquire Derek Jeter as a full time member of the Black Delegation ...we got him for Sammy Sosa and some avocado toast.

All Gas No Shake, Sam Hammer and FJF like this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So let's assume the reason McDermott benched Taylor is that he is racist. Why did it take him until mid-November to realize Taylor was black?

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

At this point someone should just be posting Chappelle show clips

5. 101GangGreen101

To all those black billionaires out there ...

Sam Hammer and FJF like this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I think there used to be, especially with mobile QBs. Pocket passing was the way to go for a long time and I think a lot of coaches had no idea what to do with a guy who could scramble and run with the ball. Honestly, I feel a lot still don't.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Personally I wanna see an awful Chink QB just so I can yell Hong Kong Phooey.

#47 jetophile, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So you're saying only black QBs run and scramble with the ball? Seems racist. What about Asian QBs?

FJF likes this.
  9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I have to say this, but you get away with a lot, Chink...really? Your rampage against religions in particular JWs, even though you use a facade of Anti Christian verbiage at the end it revolves around your hate for JWs.

Anyone else would have been banned by now. I'm all for your right to free speech but wow, you get away with some stuff.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Oh, please, if you don't know satire when you see it, I can't help you out. You are free to report me. Can't say that I've ever done that, but do as you like and what you feel you are morally charged to do. I've had the most colorful upbringing in the world. Do you really think that 'All in the Family' or 'The Jeffersons' would ever be permitted today? In so many ways, we've gone backwards, not forward. You don't know anything about me, so don't even go there.

I don't hate anyone. Except cults that harm people and people who diddle and abuse people and get away with covering it up. I don't even "hate" those people. They're much smarter than me. I used to think that Scientology was hilarious back in the day, now it just angers me. Not to going to derail. Good Day, Sir.

#50 jetophile, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Joe Montana was a famous Asian QB for all I could tell.

And yeah, he could scramble. With that birdy-thin legs and all.

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Maybe the dumbest "sports" article ever written.
    How long has this guy been covering sports?? Teams make incredibly stupid decisions all the time. Has he ever heard of the Jets and Knicks?

I hate to call Carron Phillips a racist, so I'll just assume he's an idiot.

13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

They are great at math?

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I'm not going to report you, it's not something I have done or will do. That's why I replied to you directly. As far as shows like All in the Family and the Jeffersons, they are lame compared to the garbage that is accepted as entertainment nowadays. The homos, same sex parenting, transgenders, kids not having their own bathrooms because no one can figure out what they are anymore.

I can go on and on about the garbage that this society is but I don't, I simply make an attempt to live a simple and quiet life and keep my family protected as best I can. I have strong views just like you do but I don't blast anyone for what they do because at the end of the day I respect others right to live their lives how they want.

Only reason why I even said anything to you is because of this being a forum and it's usually a spot that we, including yourself is disciplined with regards to how far we take our conversations.

I won't derail it anymore and you have a good night as well.

15. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

This is fucking Bryce Petty’s fault.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It's all because Petty sucks.

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

With Tyrod it had to do with his play the previous 2 games from what I can tell. But are we really going to think it's racist when the Bills make a stupid decision? They have been making stupid decisions for 20+ years.

Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, Mike Vick, Jeff Blake and Aaron Brooks both started for the Saints in one season and Brooks started the next 4 I believe. Should actually list Moon 4 times since he was the 1st black QB to start on each of 4 teams.

Teams make money if their teams play well so they want to play the best players. I am sure there are some racist owners but I am thinking most favor green over any other color.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You know. There is this QB named Doug Williams. I was told he was black, and he played for the Skins? Or something like that.

I was also told that, he is the first black QB to win the SB.

Yeah - NFL was established late in the 1800's, and the first black QB won the SB in fucking 1988. If this is not a racist league, I don't know what is.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'd say that reflects more on the fact that most of the USA was racist during a majority of that time frame :(

20. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

I voted no. I see no reasoning in the article that suggests discrimination across the NFL as a whole, although the move to Peterson while still an outside chance to make playoffs with Taylor playing okay does make the Bills open to the question.

If they had been further out of the chase it would make sense to see what they have in Peterson now as Taylor is unlikely to return next year due to his massive cap hit. Same is to be said for Alex Smith, and the move to Mahomes seems likely to be sooner rather than later.