The NFL is becoming unwatchable

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JethroTull, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

These games all suck. The college game has become vastly superior somehow.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

FYP

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This Sunday night game is absolute garbage, as most of the games in the NFL. With the exception of may be the Eagles, Pats, Steelers, and may be a Rams...the rest is hot trash.

4. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Vikings and Saints would like a word with you.

But on the whole...yikes. The Cowgirls are trash w/o Ezekiel Elliott, the Chiefs are looking more and more like frauds, the Packers are helpless w/o Rodgers, the Broncos are lost at sea w/o a QB, and the Raiders are...WTF is wrong with them? But these are the teams they insist on shoving down our throats, so we get a lot of hot garbage.

LAJet likes this.
  5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

*Jets not competitive.
    *NFL games in general not competitive. (Rule changes? Fewer practices?)
    *Terrible officiating.
    *Inane commentating.
    *Players acting like total idiots on and off the field.
    *Head injuries.
    *Personally, just getting older and interests evolving??

Some combination of these factors is doing what I never thought possible: making me forget the NFL for days and even weeks at a time. I'm actually shocked that this is happening to me.

Cman68, FJF and Will-I-Am-Not like this.
  6. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

There's 32 teams. So except for teams with a bye, all of them have to play. Either Sunday, Monday night or Thursday. And most of the teams are hurting and don't have enough players to put out a big game. There aren't too many true franchise QB's either. And some good ones have been knocked out this year.That leaves only a few good teams to watch. I think it's much worse now there is a Thursday game in the mix. They should drop that game along with trying to play in England and now Mexico City.

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Let me put it this way. I live in an area without an NFL team but at least one decent college FB nearby. And I don't feel I am missing out by not having a local team to support.

8. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

The horrific officiating is what has done the most to dampen my interest in the NFL. It's a difficult sport to officiate, but if this is the best they can do, their product will forever be compromised by the hapless zebras.

Sam Hammer and Red Menace like this.
  9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

College football has always been an excellent product, it has not just recently become vastly superior.

All the Bowl games is what has diminished the college game somewhat, but as a whole college football has great support from its fans and it's free of the childish professional antics as it's not allowed. The game is a little purer from that perspective.

The NFL is still a superior product, but it's not special anymore since it's 3 days between games now, when playoffs come around and games are not as plentiful it's nolstagic because of the anticipation.

Owners care about money and don't care about the game being special anymore, get rid of Thursday's game and you will see how the game will increase in quality and possibly even being better officiated.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This is like the 400th time I've moved your posts to the correct section...I've told you several times...
    Either post in the correct section or get locked and the next is a ban.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.