2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The isles want Ho Sang to play and they want him on 2nd line, it's not unreasonable of them to ask him to stay disciplined and get off the ice after 40 seconds.

I don't believe Doug Weight wants to use a hard stance to get his point across, but Ho Sang needs to man up and do what is asked of him, at this level of hockey there should be no need for a player to act like he's an island.

Even the best player in hockey, Alex Ovechkin does what his coach asks of him.

Nice bounce back win by the way.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So the Islanders face the Lightning tonight -----a game we should lose , I mean Tampa Bays top lined power play are on fire along with their goalie----that said can Greiss who has played so so stand on his head and maybe we get a few pucks by this guy ?

3. Red Menace

No way they win this game unless they play a 1-2-2 trap style defense, and hope to contain the lighting maybe hold them to 4 goals. the isles defense is just not strong enough to stop the lightning, they had a 3-1 lead against the canes the other night, and we're trailing 4-3 in a matter of half a period.

Lightning are good man!

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace I hear you but a good start so far for our guys,,,,,

Red Menace likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace need I remind you and everyone else how bad Brock Nelson is ? 2 on none and he gets his own rebound and still can't score,,ps Lee just made it 2 nuthnin good guys,,a lot of game left

Red Menace likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

and just like that Brock Nelson score our 3rd goal to shut me up ( trade him NOW ) and its 3 love Islanders

Red Menace likes this.
  7. Red Menace

I feel islanders can score fine, it's the defensive end that scares me, they don't hold onto leads like a good team should do.

They also struggle to get puck out of their own zone and turn the puck over a lot.

CBG likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Good win for the good guys ! One of their best games all year . They can score goals thats for sure,,,,,

Red Menace and JetBlue like this.
  9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Big win tonight. If they beat Carolina tomorrow then they will be in 1st in the Metro. Of course they had to make it interesting in the 3rd P when Tampa got those 2 quick goals to get back in it. Team can score but they need to upgrade the D if they want to make a playoff run this year assuming/hoping they get into the playoffs. The Metro looks strong this year.

Red Menace and CBG like this.
  10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Carolina's goalie was amazing in the second period. Halak on the other hand...

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Good win yesterday,,down 4-2 heading into the 3rd and they win 5-4 in OT. Barzal is a pleasure to watch and he makes Ladd and Eberle relevant . Nice to see Ho Sang playing .Damn if I don't hate our 4th line ! Can we please trade Nelson for a bag of pucks ? Our defensemen especially the kids are playing ok now a days,,,,,,they should really make a trade very soon to get rid of that log jam and get Pullock more playing time , Im tired of seeing him not dress ! Package a defenseman and Nelson , that works for me .

Red Menace likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Good guys win again,,,,time for a trade-----trade from strength ----pull the trigger !!!!

13. Red Menace

I don't think they will want to trade and ruin the chemistry team is developing, they are going to have to wait and see who the sellers are before trade deadline. Some guys might want to play for islanders if they are considered serious playoff contenders.

Just enjoy the ride!

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Good win for the Isles and they need to keep it rolling. The Metro might be the best division in hockey. Tonight the Isles, Devils, Pens, and Caps all win.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

How nice would it be to get Baily off that first line ? Or to have an improved 3rd line ? we have to move a defenseman soon,,get on the phone and make it happen.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

good guys win again tonight,,,,,,can we pull off a trade for a very good def man? How about trading Bailey or Nelson----? 5 -2 win

17. Red Menace

They have a kid they are high on waiting to come up, I believe the isles will wait another season before they try to find a defenseman or call up the kid.

they lead the league in short handed goals given up, there is something fundamentally wrong and why it's not fixed is disturbing.

Ho Sang is coming along nicely as well.

I do t think anyone will give up a good defenseman for Bailey or Nelson together.

Bailey is slowing down as is his custom.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace I had an argument with a real good friend of mine yesterday over Bailey-----his trade value is high trade his ass now. My buddy was looking at his #s and I told him that I would have great numbers playing with JT. Also how good would Its #s be if he had a real wingman instead of bailey ! We need to get a better on the 3rd line,,, someone out there has got to want Nelson

Red Menace likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

good guys bounce back after loss to Senators and beat Panthers,,,,,,

JetBlue likes this.
  20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

They better figure out a way to improve the D and G otherwise they will be looking at a one and done come playoff time. The offense has been fun to watch as they have 2 solid lines that can score. The Isles can't expect to score 5 or 6 every night and win. They have got to do a better job in keeping the puck out of their net.

CBG and JetBlue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.